Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  iTunes Help

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   iTunes Help
AlmostGrown
posted June 18, 2011 12:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
So I had a large (1000+) iTunes library on my computer. That computer's motherboard died and we won't be replacing it, however we still have the hard drive. So on my other computer, is my older iTunes library with about half of the songs I want. Is there anyway for me to get all my songs back, or will I have to redownload everything agin?

(I have no CDs with the music on them, btw)

skizzikmonger
posted June 18, 2011 12:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
So I had a large (1000+) iTunes library on my computer. That computer's motherboard died and we won't be replacing it, however we still have the hard drive. So on my other computer, is my older iTunes library with about half of the songs I want. Is there anyway for me to get all my songs back, or will I have to redownload everything agin?

(I have no CDs with the music on them, btw)

About two years ago, something happened while I was updating my itunes library on my iphone and my phone locked up and crashed half way through the sync and most of my library was wiped off my phone and computer. I emailed itunes support, explained the situation, and they told me that if I still had the receipts for what was purchased and lost they would be able to give me the songs and videos that were lost back, but if I didn't I was s.o.l. All I can suggest you check to see if you have the receipts for what was lost, and if you do, email itunes support with the receipt numbers and what itmes were purchased then lost, explain what happened, and see if they will give it back.

thror
posted June 18, 2011 01:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by AlmostGrown:
however we still have the hard drive.

hook the harddrive up to a working pc, move the files to a large flash drive or external harddrive, copy them from there onto other pc.

when you have that much music that you actually pay for, its a good idea to invest in a good external harddrive as a backup anyway. no reason to flush $500 down the digital toilet.

AlmostGrown
posted June 18, 2011 01:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AlmostGrown Click Here to Email AlmostGrown Send a private message to AlmostGrown Click to send AlmostGrown an Instant MessageVisit AlmostGrown's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AlmostGrown's Have/Want ListView AlmostGrown's Have/Want List
I'm going to try that tonight, thror - Hook up the hard drive from my dead computer as an external hard drive and see if I can move it to the working computer.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League