Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  General Discussion
  Mafia 15: New Years Deceive, Part 2 (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Mafia 15: New Years Deceive, Part 2
Jazaray
posted January 24, 2011 09:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Mafia

The Rules of Mafia

Overview :

The citizens of a small city, Tillamook, have discovered that there is Mafia in their town! The discovery has prompted the Mafia to start eliminating the population to a more manageable size. The citizens must get the Mafia before the Mafia gets them!
Teams :
    There are two main teams, the Mafia and the Citizens. Apart from these main teams are the Serial Killer, the Survivor, the Werewolf. Each are out to win the game by themselves.
Winning Conditions :
    Team Mafia wins by eliminating enough players so that they make up 50% or more of the "living" players in the game. Team Citizen wins by eliminating all members of the other groups. Team Werewolf wins by eliminating enough players so that they make up 50% or more of the "living" players in the game. The Serial Killer wins by being one of the last two players in the game. The Survivalist wins by being alive when one of the other teams win.
Roles :
    The Roles will be randomly determined by me. I will the PM roles to the players. If you don't get a PM, you're a citizen. Notice: Not all roles will be used (Assigned).

Team Mafia

Mafia Members - Team Mafia (Always Assigned)
    Mafia members all know each other and are allowed to discuss the current game between each other off thread.

Mafia Leader - Team Mafia (Always Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Mafia Leader chooses one player. That player is killed and removed from the game. The Mafia Leader cannot be night-killed by either the Vigilante or the Serial Killer.

The Ninja - Team Mafia (Possibly Assigned)
    If the target of the Watcher, the Cop or the Tracker, no information is given.

The Snitch - Team Mafia (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Snitch chooses one player. The Snitch is given information on what role that player may have.

Important!! If you are not on Team Mafia nor a Mason, the ONLY PM's that you are to send are to me. Mafia-to-Mafia or Mason-to-Mason are the only acceptable PM's between players. /Important!!

Team Citizen

The Cop - Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Cop chooses one player. The Cop is given information on which team that player is playing for.

The Doctor - Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Doctor chooses one player. If that player would be killed, that player is saved and remains in the game. The Doctor may not choose any player that he had previously saved.

The Bus Driver - Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Bus Driver may choose two players. If either player is targeted as a Night Action, the Night Action affects the other player. This is only valid for that Night.

The Bomb - Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    If this player is choosen as a Night Action Kill, then the player who picked him dies as well.

The Vigilante - Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Vigilante may choose a player. That player is killed and removed from the game. The Vigilante may only use this ability twice.

Masons - Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    Masons all know each other. Masons are able to communicate via PM to EACH OTHER ONLY.

Important!! If you are not on Team Mafia nor a Mason, the ONLY PM's that you are to send are to me. Mafia-to-Mafia or Mason-to-Mason are the only acceptable PM's between players. /Important!!

The Sensor - Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    After each lynch, the Sensor will be given the number of players who are not part of Team Citizen which lead to the Citizen Lynch.

The Citizen - Team Citizen (Always Assigned)
    No Special Action involved.

Additional Roles

The Roleblocker - Assigned to either Team Mafia or Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Roleblocker may choose one player. Should that player have a Night Action, that Night Action does not occur.

The Watcher - Assigned to either Team Mafia or Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Watcher chooses one player. If that player becomes the target of another Night Action, the Watcher will know who else targeted that player.

The Tracker - Assigned to either Team Mafia or Team Citizen (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Tracker chooses one player. Should that player perform a Night Action, the Tracker will know.

Team Werewolf

The Werewolf - Team Werewolf (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Werewolf may choose a player. If that player is a Citizen, then that player becomes part of Team Werewolf as a Minor Werewolf. If that player holds a role other than a Citizen, then that player is killed.

Minor Werewolf - Team Werewolf (Recruited in Game by the Werewolf)
    No Special Action involved.

Independent Teams

The Serial Killer - Team Serial Killer (Possibly Assigned)
    As a Night Action, the Serial Killer chooses one player. That player is killed and removed from the game.

The Survivalist - Team Survivor (Possibly Assigned)
    The Survivalist can not be killed as a result of a Night Action.

Players who are still "alive" are not allowed to discuss this game with anyone, alive, dead or otherwise as to prevent accidents. Those that end up dead are allowed one "death post" which is not to contain ingame knowledge and are expected to remain silent until end of game. Anyone who is not playing (be that either due to not signing up or being dead) may not contact any player who is "alive" about anything concerning an active game.

Game play :
    The game is broken down into Rounds. Each Round will have 2 Phases, the Night Phase and the Day Phase. Players may discuss on this thread between themselves as what to do at any time during these phases by post alone. Each "living" player is required to post at least once per round. Only the Mafia and the Masons are allowed to PM each other.

During the Night Phase, Night Actions occur. This is done by them sending me (the GM) a MOTL PM or an email (should their MOTL PMs be unaccessable) with the subject header: Night Action. A MOTL PM is also required if a Night Action is choosen not to be used, stating such intention. After all Night Actions are received, I will announce the results of each Night Action. If a player is saved by the Doctor, only the fact that it did happen will be shared. There is no set time for this phase but be quick about it.

During the Day Phase, each player must submit a vote for a player to be "lynched". This is done by them using the Voting Tag {Vote: Suspect}. If multiple votes are submitted by a player, the most recent will be counted. If all votes are in before the specified time, I will end voting early. There is a set time for this phase which will be at least 48 hours. Tiebreakers will be determined by a randomization process.

Players who do not post during a Round may find themselves subject to removal from game with replacement.

Final Notes :
    To sign up for this game, you must have your name on the GD UBB Player List. Once your name is on the list, simply leave a post indicating your willingness to participate in this game. Please do not post any further to this prior to the start of the game. Once sign ups end, I will announce the Start of Game in which the First Round begins. After this point and until End of Game, short of a Mod, no member of MOTL is allowed to post on this thread that is not playing.

Also note that those with their name on the GD UBB Player List may be asked to replace a "living" player.

Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Penalties :
  • Non-Consistant Play (posting/voting) : 1 Game Suspension
  • Attempting to Play without Signing up : 1 Game Suspension
  • Breaking a Rule : 1 Game Suspension
  • Rude/Crass Personal Attacks : 1 Game Suspension : Removal from Game
  • Non-Permitted PM : 3 Game Suspension : Removal from Game
Suspended/Banned Players :
  • None
The Players :
  • Tranderas
  • fwybwed
  • Bernek77
  • Gawain
  • SnapShot
  • Thanos
  • dakrum
  • Battle_of_Twits

The Deceased :

• Liq {Mason: Killed}
  • LA3 {Citizen: Lynched}
  • WCFmo {Citizen: Killed}
  • Mardak5150 {Mafia Leader: Lynched}
  • MeddlingMage {Mafia Leader 2/Ninja: Lynched}

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,
And a whole lot of bedroom pizzazz.

WeedIan: Jazaray is like MOTL's Mom.

Have dinner with Jaz

Jazaray
posted January 24, 2011 09:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna repost this:

• Tranderas - fwybwed (1)
• MeddlingMage - Thanos (1)
• fwybwed - Thanos (2)
• Bernek77- fwybwed (2)
• Gawain - MeddlingMage (1)
• SnapShot - MeddlingMage (2)
• Thanos - MeddlingMage (3)
• dakrum - MeddlingMage (4)
• Battle_of_Twits - NO VOTE - Any ideas for a replacement??

MeddlingMage has been lynched.

Congrats Cits! You got the (new) Mafia Leader, who was also The Ninja!

Last mafia, you are now the Mafia Leader.

Those of you with night actions, please get them to me ASAP.

{Summary: MeddlingMage Lynched, Status: Mafia Leader/Ninja}

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

Have dinner with Jaz

dakrum
posted January 24, 2011 10:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dakrum Click Here to Email dakrum Send a private message to dakrum Click to send dakrum an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Whoa....

Gawain
posted January 24, 2011 11:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Gawain Click Here to Email Gawain Send a private message to Gawain Click to send Gawain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, haven't been calling that one for days or anything. So now we have:

Bernek
Fwyb
Thanos

I'll be chewing on this one for a bit, but I'll let you know withinn the day what I come up with.

Mardak - "...I sleeve my deck one card at a time..."

SnapShot
posted January 25, 2011 08:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for SnapShot Send a private message to SnapShot Click to send SnapShot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
im glad I changed my vote very last second...I had a feeling and it turned out right...go instincts.

dakrum
posted January 25, 2011 09:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dakrum Click Here to Email dakrum Send a private message to dakrum Click to send dakrum an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm kind of wondering why I ever truly get off of MM's case in the first place. It was a good job by him and hindsight is 20/20 for a reason. Oh well, we cut off both his nuts and fed him to the sharks anyway.

@Jaz - you could always just make BoT's replacement a first-come, first-serve open call since that's what I remember us always doing anyway.

I'll put my name in tonight (even though its pretty much pointless) because I don't want to die yet.

EDIT: Still, if the game should move on, I would say Bernek77 is slightly ahead of fwybwed on the suspect list and Thanos is relatively low on it.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by dakrum on January 25, 2011]

SnapShot
posted January 25, 2011 10:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for SnapShot Send a private message to SnapShot Click to send SnapShot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Fwy and MM both voted Thanos...I mean...that pretty much means he isn't mafia.

Gawain
posted January 25, 2011 01:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Gawain Click Here to Email Gawain Send a private message to Gawain Click to send Gawain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SnapShot:
Fwy and MM both voted Thanos...I mean...that pretty much means he isn't mafia.

How so?

@Jaz: Yaku just changed his status back to Active, I'm pretty sure he's straight up volunteering to replace BoT.

So anyhow, YAY! Two scum down Cits pretty much have this one in the bag I think, but we still gotta catch that last baddie. Unless he just wants to go ahead and throw in the towel and save us the trouble. I have a feeling this is about to become a much less talkative game. Let's try to find some consensus here anyway though. My suspects in order from most to least:

1) Fwyb
2) Thanos
3) Bernek

Unless something happens to change my mind I will likely be voting Fwyb this round.

SnapShot
posted January 25, 2011 02:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SnapShot Send a private message to SnapShot Click to send SnapShot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I will be voting Fwy as well.

dakrum
posted January 25, 2011 03:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dakrum Click Here to Email dakrum Send a private message to dakrum Click to send dakrum an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I didn't think Thanos was very likely to be mafia (he was my lowest suspect), or else I wouldn't made that push. All of the signs pointed to him getting bussed, but that doesn't mean that he can't be mafia. I don't think that it's the case though.

EDIT: If you want to vote for fwybwed, that's fine by me, but I would still talk it out a bit anyway. Besides, you are going to get a replacement.

EDIT2: If I had a say, I would still vote Bernek77 off first though.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by dakrum on January 25, 2011]

fwybwed
posted January 25, 2011 03:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for fwybwed Click Here to Email fwybwed Send a private message to fwybwed Click to send fwybwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
GASP!!! you jerks....lol jes playin...

You blood thirsty mongrels...the night kill hasnt gone thru yet...lol

I have no problem with this... (Snookie Wahhh!)

Gawain
posted January 25, 2011 03:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Gawain Click Here to Email Gawain Send a private message to Gawain Click to send Gawain an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My only issue with Thanos at this point REALLY is that I feel like the last remaining Mafia member would have wanted to be in the MM pile. The only non-confirmed Cit in that pile is Thanos.

Grrr.....this is a toughie.

SnapShot
posted January 25, 2011 03:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SnapShot Send a private message to SnapShot Click to send SnapShot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
How bothersome...there are arguments for Thanos, fwy, and bernek...and you know they aren't going to just talk their way into a corner.

Thanos
posted January 25, 2011 06:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'll take Bernek for the win.

SnapShot
posted January 25, 2011 06:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SnapShot Send a private message to SnapShot Click to send SnapShot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
I'll take Bernek for the win.

why?

Thanos
posted January 25, 2011 06:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SnapShot:

why?

quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:

I'm sticking with both MM and Bernek.

I don't buy the whole "life" bs from Bernek, he has no problem posting anywhere else on motl at anytime.

Just seems like a mafia that gave up cause he knows the game is lost.

I'm gonna vote for MM first though, he stands out more than Bernek ATM.

Jazaray
posted January 25, 2011 08:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Jazaray Click Here to Email Jazaray Send a private message to Jazaray Click to send Jazaray an Instant MessageVisit Jazaray's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Detective dakrum was wandering around town this night, as per usual. It was a quiet night, not even the crickets were chirping…. which was unusual in itself, and I’m sure that the good detective would have realized that, had he not had so much on his mind. Wait.. what was that? Running footsteps? Dakrum headed towards the sound, it was coming from the alleyway near the fountain. Under the pale street light, he could see the town doctor bending over and tending to one of the locals. As he started to go down the alley, he was quickly grabbed, gagged and dragged towards the woods. A rough voice hissed in his ear, “good thing I injured that dude and kept the doc busy, huh? I don’t know how the doc fixed you up last night, but it ain’t happinin’ again. This night, you die.” With a kiss on the cheek, the cops light was snuffed out.

{Summary: dakrum killed, status: Cop}

Players, you have until Friday, Jan 28th to get in your votes. 9pm, MOTL time.

Thanks,
Jazaray

A delicate face,
A soft warm embrace,

Have dinner with Jaz

dakrum
posted January 26, 2011 09:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dakrum Click Here to Email dakrum Send a private message to dakrum Click to send dakrum an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I don't get to know how I die? Noooooooooo.

EDIT: Sentence structure FTW.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by dakrum on January 26, 2011]

fwybwed
posted January 26, 2011 10:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fwybwed Click Here to Email fwybwed Send a private message to fwybwed Click to send fwybwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Ill be voting

Vote: Bernek77

Nooo...squash that...

{Vote: Thanos}

I cant bring myself to switch to B77 based on thanos vote for MM he knew Mm was his way out so why no blend in...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by fwybwed on January 26, 2011]

Thanos
posted January 26, 2011 10:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fwybwed:
Ill be voting

Vote: Bernek77

Nooo...squash that...

{Vote: Thanos}

I cant bring myself to switch to B77 based on thanos vote for MM he knew Mm was his way out so why no blend in...

What game are you playing?

I came out of the gate voting for MM.

He came out and voted for me.

Quite a few people posted votes for me, then switched to MM.

I'm sticking with Bernek no matter what.

fwybwed
posted January 26, 2011 10:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fwybwed Click Here to Email fwybwed Send a private message to fwybwed Click to send fwybwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
yeah thanos the little back and forth from page 11 to end seems to be alot of acting

You both seem to name each other off but the common name you both use is bernek77

Thanos = Bernek, MM
MM = Bernek, Thanos

Thanos
posted January 26, 2011 10:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Fair enough, but I just wanted to point that out.

I'll also point out that our cop leaned toward voting for Bernek also.

fwybwed
posted January 26, 2011 11:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fwybwed Click Here to Email fwybwed Send a private message to fwybwed Click to send fwybwed an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Id like to point out the cop never checked Bernek nice try tho...

Thanos
posted January 26, 2011 11:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fwybwed:
Id like to point out the cop never checked Bernek nice try tho...

quote:
Originally posted by dakrum:
I didn't think Thanos was very likely to be mafia (he was my lowest suspect), or else I wouldn't made that push. All of the signs pointed to him getting bussed, but that doesn't mean that he can't be mafia. I don't think that it's the case though.

EDIT: If you want to vote for fwybwed, that's fine by me, but I would still talk it out a bit anyway. Besides, you are going to get a replacement.

EDIT2: If I had a say, I would still vote Bernek77 off first though.

Thanos
posted January 26, 2011 11:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I never said he checked him, i said he leaned toward voting for him.

This topic is 4 pages long:   1  2  3  4 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League