General Discussion
  Bad Trader Information (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 6 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Bad Trader Information
shadowizar
posted November 03, 2000 01:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for shadowizar Click Here to Email shadowizar Send a private message to shadowizar Click to send shadowizar an Instant MessageVisit shadowizar's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hi all. been seeing around lately some of our newer members want to know how best to use the search feature to find if someone they are trading with is a confirmed bad trader. Here are some tips to remember.

1. Don't search for a name or email address as both are easily changed. Always begin your search with the city name and state and then see if the address of the person you are trading with is in one of the search results.

2. Be sure to check the confirmed list and the Bad Trader Alerts Forum. If they are confirmed don't trade and if they are in the Alerts then use your best judgement(some are in there for sending late on a trade not for ripping so just don't assume everyone is in there because they are thieves.)

3. If you feel uncomfortable with a trade even though you can't find them on our list then don't be afraid to blow off the trade, there are lots here to trade with and most of them are good traders.

Richie
Banned
posted November 03, 2000 02:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Richie Click Here to Email Richie Send a private message to Richie Click to send Richie an Instant MessageVisit Richie's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Whoa! How did you make that bold?

AIM name: RichieL123
Q("Q)
- Warning Kirby Guards some of my best cards!

Leshrac
Founder
posted November 03, 2000 02:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Leshrac Click Here to Email Leshrac Send a private message to Leshrac Click to send Leshrac an Instant MessageVisit Leshrac's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Administrators (namely, me) can modify topic subjects with HTML codes. I made it bold because it's an important post.

LostSalMan
posted February 25, 2001 04:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LostSalMan Click Here to Email LostSalMan Send a private message to LostSalMan Click to send LostSalMan an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
it may be old but it's important. I think it needs an up.

"Have Fun, Play Safe, Use... PROTECTION!!! Go outside, were a jacket, and football = helmet. What were YOU thinking i ment?

Mr.Completely
posted February 27, 2001 10:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Completely Click Here to Email Mr.Completely Send a private message to Mr.Completely Click to send Mr.Completely an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
And another up , by god .

wayne
posted March 01, 2001 08:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
Also, please read the rules before posting or asking questions.

daddyj
posted March 05, 2001 01:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daddyj Click Here to Email daddyj Send a private message to daddyj Click to send daddyj an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Here's another up. A lot of newbie members would save themselves some good cards just by checking the Confirmed list.

HanSolo6385
posted May 01, 2001 09:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for HanSolo6385 Send a private message to HanSolo6385 Click to send HanSolo6385 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Much needed UP!

E-mail: SURFNSKI4REAL@aol.com

Most References In Colorado!!

rpitcher
posted May 02, 2001 06:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rpitcher Send a private message to rpitcher Click to send rpitcher an Instant MessageVisit rpitcher's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daddyj:
A lot of newbie members would save themselves some good cards just by checking the Confirmed list.

Newbies are not alone in that regard!

My Foil Sale

booshie
posted May 03, 2001 07:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for booshie Click Here to Email booshie Send a private message to booshie Click to send booshie an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
do u think ripper's read these articles?
do they respond?

"If life hands you a lemon bust out the tequilla and salt!"

~Booshie~

Richie
Banned
posted May 03, 2001 07:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Richie Click Here to Email Richie Send a private message to Richie Click to send Richie an Instant MessageVisit Richie's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Wow this is so old I was still playing back then!

puregoblinboy47
posted August 29, 2001 01:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for puregoblinboy47 Click Here to Email puregoblinboy47 Send a private message to puregoblinboy47 Click to send puregoblinboy47 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
this will be pruned soon, better up it

I want as many last caresses as is out there, ill trade for them

i also want your leeches

[Edited 1 times, lastly by puregoblinboy47 on August 23, 2004]

sacrificial god
posted August 29, 2001 05:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for sacrificial god Send a private message to sacrificial god Click to send sacrificial god an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
i dont know what to say but this kid my friend (cball) traded with sent him an empty envelope. cball has the name email and address of the kid but wont post him in the bta because he doesnt remember what he sent, only what he was supposed to recieve. (i will check this again to see for answers, he doesnt get online often.) thanx

any help at all would be appreciated.

please reply to any offer by posting on my list or email me @ johnboyisking@hotmail.com

my icq is 126631911

DanBuroojy
posted August 29, 2001 06:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DanBuroojy Click Here to Email DanBuroojy Send a private message to DanBuroojy Click to send DanBuroojy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richie:
Whoa! How did you make that bold?

Man Richie, you posted that before I quit and got wiped off the Member Lists. I'm bored so here's an up. Even though it was at the top. I need a life. Yawn. ::Random Mumbles::

KIP_NZ
posted August 29, 2001 11:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KIP_NZ Click Here to Email KIP_NZ Send a private message to KIP_NZ Click to send KIP_NZ an Instant MessageVisit KIP_NZ's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by booshie:
do u think ripper's read these articles?
do they respond?

I don't know about you but I think most die hard rippers (yes they exsist) only really cruise the Have/wants and other trading forums.

As I saw somewhere if you cannot afford to lose it don't trade it (I have a fealing that is a Leshrac comment.

Crusade 2: Every post shall Mock Hansolo123456789
Crusade 3: That Black shall be converted to Yellow so that Blue is the only colour with a "B" at the Begining

MagicTraderx
Banned
posted August 30, 2001 12:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MagicTraderx Click Here to Email MagicTraderx Send a private message to MagicTraderx Click to send MagicTraderx an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
how do u get bold in your posts like

GREEN ?/ plz lmk email me if u know

travisT999998@yahoo.com

revenger
posted September 06, 2001 02:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Hmmm if any newbies need help feel free to email me and/or post here and I will try and help the best I can.

Admiral Revenger
G.A.B. Silver Blade Team Leader

G.A.B. Refs
Let's Chat-
AIM Handle- revenger72

Type1isFun
Banned
posted September 06, 2001 09:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Type1isFun Click Here to Email Type1isFun Click to send Type1isFun an Instant MessageVisit Type1isFun's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
up cuz ive seen 11 new members in the last half hour..

Qu@$!modo
Banned
posted September 06, 2001 12:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Qu@$!modo Click Here to Email Qu@$!modo Send a private message to Qu@$!modo Click to send Qu@$!modo an Instant MessageVisit Qu@$!modo's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Leshrac:
Administrators (namely, me) can modify topic subjects with HTML codes. I made it bold because it's an important post.

Can you Bolden my H/W topic, it doesn't get much replies (P.s. don't close my topic, I don't like such black humor )

Have any spare Static Orbs, trade them with me!!!

kevy
posted September 06, 2001 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for kevy Click Here to Email kevy Send a private message to kevy Click to send kevy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Another good method is to occasionally pay a visit to the Bad traders forum and.. read some of the complaints there. You will get the feel of how to spot a potential bad trader/ripper.

Bad traders are harder to detect..but rippers are easier.

These are some of the traits of a Bad trader/Ripper:

1) Always like to simulsend or would like you to send first even though his/her ref is lower than yours.

2) Emails from them do not include the details of previous mails..ie they never do the reply back thingo.

3) They usually do not like to give real names.. for example when they give you an address like this:
The Bad MoJo,
6, TomDickHarry Road,
Malaysia.

4) They offer you unbelievable trade offers. Hey.. I'll give you 2 Rage's for your foil Sabertooth Nishoba and foil Opt.

5) They do not have a H/W list.

6) They have an unbelievable Refs to Post ratio. ie they have 30 refs and they have only posted less than 50 times. This shows that they are not that active and yet they are pretty successful in their trades?

Well thats all I can think of at the moment. Nevertheless, even precautions are taken, you would eventually bump into a ripper/bad trader.

For the record, I have been ripped once..and bad traded twice. Still trying to resolve one of the bad trades.

LostSalMan
posted September 16, 2001 06:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LostSalMan Click Here to Email LostSalMan Send a private message to LostSalMan Click to send LostSalMan an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm uppin this. Dont hurt me cuz it's OOOOOOOOOOOLD. BYIE

"Have Fun, Play Safe, Use... PROTECTION!!! Go outside, were a jacket, and football = helmet. What were YOU thinking i ment?

da-odd-templar
posted August 09, 2002 04:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for da-odd-templar Click Here to Email da-odd-templar Send a private message to da-odd-templar Click to send da-odd-templar an Instant MessageVisit da-odd-templar's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I can't let this die. It was on the last page, I suggest you people visit that page, and say goodbye to all the posts who will soon perish.

LavaRunner
posted August 09, 2002 05:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LavaRunner Click Here to Email LavaRunner Send a private message to LavaRunner Click to send LavaRunner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by da-odd-templar:
I can't let this die. It was on the last page, I suggest you people visit that page, and say goodbye to all the posts who will soon perish.

What if I go and up them all......

eclinchy
posted August 09, 2002 05:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for eclinchy Click Here to Email eclinchy Send a private message to eclinchy Click to send eclinchy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by da-odd-templar:

Aaagh... don't encourage people to bring back old posts. It gets annoying. (This one is an exception, because it is a meaningful post, that still serves a purpose.)

Greetings from the #4 poster in Virginia!

AIM Handle: eclinchy5
E-Mail Address: eclinchy@yahoo.com

Need an Apprentice opponent? Look no further than right here!

WILD MONGREL COLLECTION UPDATE: The total is now 57 and counting!

eclinchy
posted August 09, 2002 05:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for eclinchy Click Here to Email eclinchy Send a private message to eclinchy Click to send eclinchy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LavaRunner:
What if I go and up them all......

I would hunt you down and smack you repeatedly for days, that's what.

Greetings from the #4 poster in Virginia!

AIM Handle: eclinchy5
E-Mail Address: eclinchy@yahoo.com

Need an Apprentice opponent? Look no further than right here!

WILD MONGREL COLLECTION UPDATE: The total is now 57 and counting!

This topic is 6 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League