Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Articles
  A T2 deck in a T1 world...

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   A T2 deck in a T1 world...
Selvaxri
Banned
posted July 15, 2001 01:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Selvaxri Click Here to Email Selvaxri Send a private message to Selvaxri Click to send Selvaxri an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
greetings all, yesterday i played in a T1 deck because i've been playing newbies all week and was yearning to play against people with more experience. it was a DCI sanctioned Swiss tournament at a local wizard's store.
i, unfortunately, had one deck: my T2 Kavu Havok deck; because all my other decks we seriously water-damaged. with some simple modifications, i decided to play it (i added 4 Misforunes and a Call of the Wild)
First Round
went down 0-2 against a T1 black/red land destruction, complete with Sinkholes, ports, Avalanche Riders and Horrible Hordes. I didn't stand a chance.
Second Round
went down 1-2 against a T2 W/B/R desolation idol deck. basically he played 4 idols and then the Desolation Giant wiping the boards, the mauled me with the idols. i only won once because he got mana screwed second game.
Third Round
won 2-1 against an extended U/R'Hasty Magpie' deck, with magpies and little creatures with haste. none of them could stand up to the shear power of Kavu (last game he was at 4 life with no creatures, i gave him an honorable death, by Misfortune )
Fourth Round
lost 0-2 to a Pheldagriff deck. Ironically, he was playing a rainbow deck with Spirit of Resistance, but alas not many creatures; but i got mana screwed and couldn't play anything.
Fifth Round
went down hard against a true T1 'Old School' deck, complete with 4 moxen, a black lotus, A. Recall, and each dual. both of the games were calm, but both games i got beaten down by a Serra Angel. i did my best, but lost 0-2.

my record: 1-4... the prizes a pack of Visions and Apocalypse... unfortunately, i was last on the list and they ran out of Vision boosters so i got another Apoc pack. my prizes: a 6 by 9 Shivan Dragon, Yavimaya Coast and Phyrexian Arena .
while there i also did some trading and buying. i bought a nm Dark Ball Lightning for $10 and traded a penumbra wurm for a Reya Dawnbringer. and i got to hold the old school's moxen and lotus... ahh, a beta ruby, unl. jet, sapphire, pearl and lotus, an experience i'll never forget

All in all, i had fun. I wanted to play against some people who had more then a years experience and would up getting whomped all over the place. but still i had a great time, and scared everybody there with my 8 pages of misfortunes!

143 Misfortunes/34 Rocket Launchers (17 AQ, 17 rev)

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Selvaxri on July 15, 2001]

kingkyle3
posted July 15, 2001 01:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for kingkyle3 Send a private message to kingkyle3 Click to send kingkyle3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
U might want to be a little more detailed about each round so this could bemore like an article.

-DA king

TOOL RULES
AIM-RatKing1001
Least amt. of Refs in IL!!

anthony
posted July 15, 2001 08:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for anthony Click Here to Email anthony Send a private message to anthony Click to send anthony an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
nice...only 8 pages of misfortunes ?
anways i liked you article

Adair@traverse.net

posted July 15, 2001 08:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Avatar of Stuff Click Here to Email Avatar of Stuff Send a private message to Avatar of Stuff Click to send Avatar of Stuff an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
wow these are some sad t1 decks.

Seriously...
QuestingPheldagriff?

Selvaxri
Banned
posted July 16, 2001 12:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Selvaxri Click Here to Email Selvaxri Send a private message to Selvaxri Click to send Selvaxri an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
avatar: this was a small tournament. only about 20 people signed up, i got to play 5 of them.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Selvaxri on July 16, 2001]

Boris999
posted July 17, 2001 09:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Boris999 Click Here to Email Boris999 Send a private message to Boris999 Click to send Boris999 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
That's a lot of Misfortunes...

underworld dreams
posted July 23, 2001 10:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for underworld dreams Click Here to Email underworld dreams Send a private message to underworld dreams Click to send underworld dreams an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Woah, that must have been awesome to kill someone with a Misfortune. That's one type of kill I doubt I'll ever experience first-hand.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic | Make Feature Article
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2012 Magic Online Trading League