Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Where do people trade now... (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Where do people trade now...
Big Nestle
posted July 06, 2017 06:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Big Nestle Click Here to Email Big Nestle Send a private message to Big Nestle Click to send Big Nestle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Big Nestle's Have/Want ListView Big Nestle's Have/Want List
So after coming back after along break I can clearly see the site is pretty dead... and I know I'm prob not the first to ask this but where can I go to get a similar trading experience...? I have a feeling your gonna tell me Facebook or pucatrade... and if that is the case... ugh...

chaos021
posted July 06, 2017 07:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
Pucatrade is dead as well. People generally just buy and sell these days.

Sale Thread

B-Town
posted July 07, 2017 06:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for B-Town Click Here to Email B-Town Send a private message to B-Town Click to send B-Town an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View B-Town's Have/Want ListView B-Town's Have/Want List
I've made a handful of trades on Deckbox. No rips so far. Most of the traders there seem to be cool.

LandDestroyer
posted July 07, 2017 06:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:

This. Shipping costs are up. Trading sites are down. Easier to just buy and sell and if you trade you trade up to things that are worth shipping.

mm1983
posted July 07, 2017 07:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
I see a lot of people shifting over to different Facebook groups. I still do the majority of my trading and selling here. It's just so easy to buy all of the cards you need from tcgplayer these days and to sell here I've found I need to be competitive with those who sell on tcg. I've tried mtgsalvation on a few deals but I can't stand all of the ad pop ups on that site and I'm just not interested in building up a new ref/feedback count elsewhere.

junichi
posted July 10, 2017 12:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:

So what's happening to all those Puca points? Are they worthless now?

"The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ."
—Keldon soldier

iccarus
posted July 10, 2017 01:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by junichi:

Not worthless. You just have to offer 150% of the value of a card in order to cash them in...which also means having a paid account.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

chaos021
posted July 10, 2017 01:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by junichi:

I know a lot of people have been trying to sell them off anyway they can. At least the people who didn't want to pay-to-trade anyway.

Sale Thread

T-O-N
posted August 26, 2017 03:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for T-O-N Click Here to Email T-O-N Send a private message to T-O-N Click to send T-O-N an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View T-O-N's Trade Auction or SaleView T-O-N's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by mm1983:
I see a lot of people shifting over to different Facebook groups. I still do the majority of my trading and selling here. It's just so easy to buy all of the cards you need from tcgplayer these days and to sell here I've found I need to be competitive with those who sell on tcg. I've tried mtgsalvation on a few deals but I can't stand all of the ad pop ups on that site and I'm just not interested in building up a new ref/feedback count elsewhere.

I've been out of the m:tg loop for a while now, but I found a small stash of cards I'm looking to sell. Are there any other places besides the FB groups?

Thanks,

edit: passed my 18th MOTL-birthday

[Edited 1 times, lastly by T-O-N on August 26, 2017]

pugowar
posted August 31, 2017 06:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for pugowar Click Here to Email pugowar Send a private message to pugowar Click to send pugowar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View pugowar's Have/Want ListView pugowar's Have/Want List
I've been selling on the MTG Sick Deals Facebook group.
But pricing there is TCGlow-10% so not a lot of room.
Things do move pretty quickly though.
Tim

paragondave
posted September 01, 2017 05:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I use MOTL. It's slowed down a bit but I still have a few trades a week pending. If everyone did, it would be as good as it was years ago. Everyone knows it is still EXACTLY the same except for a couple of rulings way back when. I wonder if they had anything to do with the drop off...

Vegas10
posted September 01, 2017 09:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
I use MOTL. It's slowed down a bit but I still have a few trades a week pending. If everyone did, it would be as good as it was years ago. Everyone knows it is still EXACTLY the same except for a couple of rulings way back when. I wonder if they had anything to do with the drop off...

I think not updating the trade matcher anymore really was the downfall, it was a great feature. but when you don't add sets it became worthless.

paragondave
posted September 01, 2017 11:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Vegas10:
I think not updating the trade matcher anymore really was the downfall, it was a great feature. but when you don't add sets it became worthless.

How does Facebook's trade matcher work?

I do agree, it was a great feature and it's too bad it is no longer updated.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by paragondave on September 01, 2017]

mm1983
posted September 02, 2017 11:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
Lack of adding new sets started the downfall for things here. Anything after gatecrash does not register with MOTLs trade matcher. Only reprints from sets after gatecrash such as masters sets will appear on the trade matcher

Vegas10
posted September 02, 2017 07:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
How does Facebook's trade matcher work?

I do agree, it was a great feature and it's too bad it is no longer updated.

At that time FB trading wasn't really a thing, while your point is a good one, I just think losing that feature was the start of people going elsewhere in general be it Puca, Deckbox, FB, etc...

paragondave
posted September 03, 2017 08:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Vegas10:
At that time FB trading wasn't really a thing, while your point is a good one, I just think losing that feature was the start of people going elsewhere in general be it Puca, Deckbox, FB, etc...

Facebook doesn't have a trade matcher...pretty sure none of those do.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by paragondave on September 03, 2017]

choco man
posted September 03, 2017 03:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:

Pretty much this. MOTL was fine until a different poster each day decided to post something along the lines of "MOTL is dead." Do that enough times and then it happened.

The rulings definitely sucked. I dislike how those individuals involved dealt with the issue and still do.

Deckbox has a okay trade matching type of feature.

Vegas10
posted September 04, 2017 08:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Facebook doesn't have a trade matcher...pretty sure none of those do.

not saying they do, though Deckbox does match wish lists, what I was saying is that losing the tradmatcher lost this place something the others didn't have, that with the dated look and really lack of any updates people started to go other places as well as here, thus spending less time on here, come on Dave to say this wasn't at least a factor is just not wanting to see it. I do way more now on FB and was on Deckbox for a time because they matched wish lists made it way easier than sifting through individual lists, as far as FB, no I don't really trade mostly use it to sell and then buy what I need. I still do trades/sales here on occasion but nowhere close to what I did back then.

Lemonjuice
posted September 04, 2017 05:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lemonjuice Click Here to Email Lemonjuice Send a private message to Lemonjuice Click to send Lemonjuice an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Why does no one make an effort to copy MOTL's model?

Doesn't seem overly hard...this is a basic website.

I feel like it wouldn't take much...yet we've all sat around here for the last 3-5 years talking about its decline, haha.

chaos021
posted September 04, 2017 05:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Lemonjuice:

I feel like it wouldn't take much...yet we've all sat around here for the last 3-5 years talking about its decline, haha.

If you have the time, by all means....

Vegas10
posted September 04, 2017 07:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lemonjuice:

They did called Manaloop and then it was quickly abandoned by those who created it, such as shame.

BathingApe15
posted September 05, 2017 12:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for BathingApe15 Click Here to Email BathingApe15 Send a private message to BathingApe15 Click to send BathingApe15 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've been lurking on MOTL for over a decade, used to love this site and had a blast trading! I'm sad to see how it's languished in recent years.

I am interested in building a more effective replacement for MOTL and have been exploring this idea with a few people. If you're interested in sharing feedback on what kind of site / service you'd like to use (i.e. what would your ideal magic trading / selling website be), shoot me an email at my MOTL username at gmail dot com and I can loop you in.

AGO
posted September 06, 2017 11:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I been using Cardsphere with great success. Replaced Puca for me. Tried to get back into MOTL but the amount of work it takes is not worth it anymore.

v0rac10u5
posted September 07, 2017 05:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for v0rac10u5 Click Here to Email v0rac10u5 Send a private message to v0rac10u5 Click to send v0rac10u5 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View v0rac10u5's Have/Want ListView v0rac10u5's Have/Want List
I have started using Cardsphere as well. So far, it has been great. I have picked up two Expeditions and a third is in the mail.

choco man
posted September 07, 2017 12:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
One does not simply "replace" MOTL. The interface is not what made MOTL, it was the community. That doesn't get replaced ever, really.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League