Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Post for Commander/Edh Part 6: Plz no more Jace versions. (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Post for Commander/Edh Part 6: Plz no more Jace versions.
revenger
posted March 28, 2013 03:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Disvuss! no more jace,s!

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

choco man
posted March 29, 2013 12:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
I saw a great looking list with Kraj as general along with Prime Speaker in a +1/+1 counters themed deck. That's a nice option to swap generals built into the deck.

Kraj and Speaker:
1. EXACT same cc and legendary
2. Both have a +1/+1 counters theme

Are there other legendary pairs available that swap so nicely?

quote:
Originally posted by revenger:
Disvuss! no more jace,s!

And no more Ajani's, Garruk's, Chandra's, and Liliana's for that matter.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by choco man on March 29, 2013]

AGO
posted March 29, 2013 07:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I swap between Thada Adel and Memnarch. Thada is a beast in multi. Memnarch seems to do better in 1vs1

revenger
posted March 29, 2013 01:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Should I change my creature base in my Skullbriar Edh to mana ramp? Currently it is critters/green spells that put +1/+1 counters (or the like- see Increasing Savagery) to green critter mana ramp/green critter/spell utility? (ex: Acidic Slime, Eternal witness). My black spells is currently spot removal.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

Sovarius
posted March 29, 2013 02:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Have/Want ListView Sovarius's Have/Want List
Also no Gideons or Tibalts.

quote:
Originally posted by choco man:

I dunno about multicolor but i play black zombies/reanimate. Typically i use Balthor the Defiled but if my mood changes i can be Geth, Mikaeus, Sheoldred, Lim-Dul, plus i think i have maybe another.

Obviously the Sliver lords are swappable.

Also, building Kaalia and Aurelia. Could hear pretty much any idea on either of these.
Aurelia will focus on multiple combats, to include some stuff SoFF/Hellkite Charger, Spellbinder/Savage Beating. Also focusing largely on Angels with a fiery theme, so a few good red x spells or others too.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Sovarius on March 29, 2013]

bawitheba
posted March 29, 2013 09:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bawitheba Click Here to Email bawitheba Send a private message to bawitheba Click to send bawitheba an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I run
Mono green omnath with the elf package for mana ramp.
Also
Grim grim corpse burn zombies with lots of copy and gain control
Also
Child of alara planeswalkers.

My tournament edh is
Makiaus of the unhallowed with multiple intimate combos and tutors.

WeedIan
posted March 29, 2013 10:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bawitheba:

My tournament edh is
Makiaus of the unhallowed with multiple intimate combos and tutors.

You are doing it wrong.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

revenger
posted March 30, 2013 11:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
quote:
Should I change my creature base in my Skullbriar Edh to mana ramp? Currently it is critters/green spells that put +1/+1 counters (or the like- see Increasing Savagery) to green critter mana ramp/green critter/spell utility? (ex: Acidic Slime, Eternal witness). My black spells is currently spot removal.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

iccarus
posted March 30, 2013 12:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Depends on how you want to play it. I have never had a Skullbriar deck, so I can't really say which approach is better. However, I do tend to avoid decks that are too reliant on just the general to win.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

Sovarius
posted March 31, 2013 01:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Have/Want ListView Sovarius's Have/Want List
Suggestions on Aurelia EDH? Focusing on

Red double-damage effects like Furnace of Rath and Rage Reflection, and multiple combat steps like Savage beating and Aggravated Assault.

White for good humans and token effects. Decree of Justice, Hero of Bladehold, Elspeth Tirel, Increasing Devotion.

Definitely thinking to play Swords, Stoneforge, Steelshapers Gift, and enough others to make Jor Kadeen worth considering.

I'm interested in artifacts/enchantments that give abilities to all creatures, such as Concerted Effort, Akroma's Memorial, Eldrazi monument.

Would like to stick to an Angel/Human theme, though that's not the law.

Angels i will probably figure out but a little lost on others.

Will play Spellbinder + Savage Beating, Aggravated Assault + Sword of Feast and Famine.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Sovarius on March 31, 2013]

nylarotep
posted April 02, 2013 06:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Sovarius:

Red double-damage effects like Furnace of Rath and Rage Reflection, and multiple combat steps like Savage beating and Aggravated Assault.

White for good humans and token effects. Decree of Justice, Hero of Bladehold, Elspeth Tirel, Increasing Devotion.

Definitely thinking to play Swords, Stoneforge, Steelshapers Gift, and enough others to make Jor Kadeen worth considering.

I'm interested in artifacts/enchantments that give abilities to all creatures, such as Concerted Effort, Akroma's Memorial, Eldrazi monument.

Will play Spellbinder + Savage Beating, Aggravated Assault + Sword of Feast and Famine.

Don't forget Fury of the Horde and Relentless Assault. Hellkite Charger isn't an Angel but also fits the theme of extra attack steps. Don't forget a decent Sunforger package as well.

clanceystorm
posted April 02, 2013 06:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for clanceystorm Click Here to Email clanceystorm Send a private message to clanceystorm Click to send clanceystorm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Currently have Lorthos, Horde of Notions, and Reaper King EDH decks. Girlfriend is playing Mayael and Child of Alara. We play primarily for fun, not basing our decks around hate cards or combos, except for my Lorthos deck, that is all hate/combo >_> but I only really play that when doing 1 vs 1 and I know my opponent is going to be playing comboy/hate cards.

EDH is awesome. There is so much diversity and so much potential to be creative. My girlfriend and I play 1vs1 all the time and never get bored because all of the games are fresh and exciting.

caquaa
posted April 02, 2013 07:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
I'm currently working on building a Hazezon Tamar EDH deck. So far I've got the obvious down:
a bunch of search for land put into play effects - perilous forays, cultivate, skyshroud claim, etc... boring and straight forward, anything that isn't obvious here?

sacrifice outlets - phyrexian/ashnod's altar, diamond valley, high market, Miren, the Moaning Well, previously mentioned forays, greater good, I'm sure there is something else here...

big mana: gaea's cradle, mirarri's wake, possible mana reflection, etc

..... but then I'm stuck. It seems like I'll be required to generate a bunch of mana in this deck just on the concept of the general alone, but then I have no idea what to do with it. Casting eldrazi or huge genesis waves is so 2010. I think I'll likely have mirari's wake and collective blessing, suppose I should consider coat of arms as well. What other direction can I take this deck? or are there some cards that can push the attacking w/ tokens theme over the top? Something as simple as intangible virtue seems incredibly weak so I'd like a loose theme with a little more punch. It most certainly doesn't have to be based on attacking with the tokens, but thats all I've got so far.

Ideas?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by caquaa on April 02, 2013]

choco man
posted April 02, 2013 11:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Sovarius:

I think you're already on your way with most of those things you mentioned.

quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
I'm currently working on building a Hazezon Tamar EDH deck. So far I've got the obvious down:
a bunch of search for land put into play effects - perilous forays, cultivate, skyshroud claim, etc... boring and straight forward, anything that isn't obvious here?

sacrifice outlets - phyrexian/ashnod's altar, diamond valley, high market, Miren, the Moaning Well, previously mentioned forays, greater good, I'm sure there is something else here...

big mana: gaea's cradle, mirarri's wake, possible mana reflection, etc

..... but then I'm stuck. It seems like I'll be required to generate a bunch of mana in this deck just on the concept of the general alone, but then I have no idea what to do with it. Casting eldrazi or huge genesis waves is so 2010. I think I'll likely have mirari's wake and collective blessing, suppose I should consider coat of arms as well. What other direction can I take this deck? or are there some cards that can push the attacking w/ tokens theme over the top? Something as simple as intangible virtue seems incredibly weak so I'd like a loose theme with a little more punch. It most certainly doesn't have to be based on attacking with the tokens, but thats all I've got so far.

Ideas?

Yeah, don't use the regular anthems (Intangible, etc.) use the ones where the +X/+X is grows geometrically (aka the awesome ones Coat of Arms, Shared Animosity, Cathar's Crusade, etc.)

If you don't need the ramp, take it out in order to play cards that are actually cool. Ramping land is normally better than double mana (Reflection, Wake). Unless you play fat guys, greater good is not very good. In a token deck it might not be used fully.

If attacking with huge tokens isn't enough, abuse come into play triggers. Gain lots of life. Please don't flame me for suggesting life gain.

TimeBeing
posted April 02, 2013 12:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

2 I like in my BRG deck.

Kresh for 1v1 or game I think there will be lots of creatures or i need to be agressive.
Adun Oakenshield for long multiplayer games (both work in, I kill/sac my creatures a lot sub theme.)
the 3rd is Vaevictis Asmadi because you have to have the original EDH card in the deck (plus he can swing for a ton of General damage late game quickly)

[Edited 1 times, lastly by TimeBeing on April 02, 2013]

choco man
posted April 03, 2013 07:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
Man, this EDH gets no love on MOTL. Mikaeus + Trike (a thread about an EDH combo) got 2 pages before this one.

If a game goes long and no one is able to put it away, I seriously don't mind Mike and Trike. It's a mercy killing at that point.

caquaa
posted April 04, 2013 12:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
If attacking with huge tokens isn't enough, abuse come into play triggers. Gain lots of life. Please don't flame me for suggesting life gain.

I'm actually looking at using congregate. Not sure how it will play out though. I think you make a valid point on just getting more lands over things like mana reflection. I'm just slightly concerned about how expensive my general will be as I intend for it to be dead often. I'll have to get it up and running to see how it does I suppose.

choco man
posted April 09, 2013 12:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
Have you guys been using Angel of Serenity?

Sovarius
posted April 09, 2013 03:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Have/Want ListView Sovarius's Have/Want List
quote:
I think you're already on your way with most of those things you mentioned.

True, but i need to know more to finish the deck. I've found most additional combat step cards and it's easy to search angels, but there's plenty in magic/edh that i've just never heard of and probably wouldn't find through searches.

Besides the angel creatures, i plan to do human/soldier theme. Plenty of soldier love, decent human love. I just like Angel of Glory's Rise a lot.

My trades
My Saleslist and Buylist

Volcanon
posted April 09, 2013 03:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
I'm actually looking at using congregate. Not sure how it will play out though. I think you make a valid point on just getting more lands over things like mana reflection. I'm just slightly concerned about how expensive my general will be as I intend for it to be dead often. I'll have to get it up and running to see how it does I suppose.

Congregate is usually worth 20-40 life in a multiplayer game.
There's also War Report, which with so many mana rocks around is probably worth about the same.

You can get infinite life absurdly easy with the Lifedeck Rebel combo.

iccarus
posted April 09, 2013 06:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

I have one in a UW blink deck. It can get pretty nuts in there.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

nylarotep
posted April 10, 2013 11:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nylarotep Click Here to Email nylarotep Send a private message to nylarotep Click to send nylarotep an Instant MessageVisit nylarotep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nylarotep's Have/Want ListView nylarotep's Have/Want List
quote:

I got one in the Mayael deck I still haven't finished. So hard to cut down the fatties.

revenger
posted April 12, 2013 12:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
Can I play Flesh//Blood In my skullbriar edh deck? how does that work?

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

WeedIan
posted April 12, 2013 12:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Can I play Flesh//Blood In my skullbriar edh deck? how does that work?

No it has red in its color identity.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

keywacat
posted April 18, 2013 01:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm building an extremely aggressive Kaalia deck for 1v1 games using the French rules and have some decisions I'd like community assistance with.

The first question is are 38 lands enough to support Mox Diamond, knowing that 9 of them are 'spell lands' like Maze of Ith, Slayer's Stronghold, etc. For that matter is Lotus Petal better than Mox Diamond if all I want is the possibility of getting Kaalia in play a turn faster?

Also, in general, (heh) in EDH games is Despise better than Duress? (I already have Thoughtseize and don't want to spring 7 USD for Inquisition of Kozilek)

My previous build with this deck was more of a 'Timmy' build with a lot of extra Dragons and Demons that hindsight and a clearer mind shows were not very effective. Hell, I had Ob Nixilis in there with only two fetchlands to accelerate the landfall.

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League