Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  ebay feedback question with mtg cards

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   ebay feedback question with mtg cards
dkrush3995
posted December 15, 2014 01:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dkrush3995 Click Here to Email dkrush3995 Send a private message to dkrush3995 Click to send dkrush3995 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I was not sure where to put this, but I wanted to get someone's opinion on this matter. I have been receiving alot of cards lately in the flimsey ultra pro sleeves. They are not top loader sleeves. How do you leave feedback for this? I have gotten 1 that was bent due to this so I left bad feedback there. But, do you immediately leave neutral feedback in this case? Just not sure.

enemy1g
posted December 15, 2014 01:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for enemy1g Click Here to Email enemy1g Send a private message to enemy1g Click to send enemy1g an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View enemy1g's Have/Want ListView enemy1g's Have/Want List
I would say to contact the seller and see if they will remedy the problem either through a refund or a replacement card(s) at no cost to you. If they don't, negative feedback all the way.

If people are selling a lot of cards on eBay, they should already know the correct procedure when shipping cards.

LandDestroyer
posted December 15, 2014 02:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
If you received a card that is damaged I'd first contact the seller about a refund or replacement. Sometimes when that happens to me I ask for a refund of a certain amount that we agree upon or they can pay for me to ship it back. If we can't resolve you can open a case for not getting the card as described and get a refund and you can leave feedback accordingly.

If the card wasn't damaged you could leave positive feedback but include a note about that in your feedback or neutral but if it wasn't damaged it's unlikely i'd do that.

paragondave
posted December 15, 2014 03:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
If the card is received damaged, take it up with the seller. If it's not damaged, what is your complaint?

AGO
posted December 15, 2014 05:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Most sellers are just going to refund the money and then block you.

Pail42
posted December 15, 2014 09:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If the card is damaged:
1. Ask the seller for a refund/replacement. Only give negative feedback if they refuse or are not prompt.

If the card is not damaged:
1. Send them a message that their shipping method is poor and don't give them 5 stars for shipping.

Volcanon
posted December 16, 2014 02:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Related question:

Is there a blacklist anywhere for terrible buyers? I ban anybody from bidding who makes stupid demands or leaves negatives but it would be better if I could just not deal with idiots in the first place.

slurpee
posted December 16, 2014 03:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
And for the record, those flimsy cases, troll and toad uses them to..

Pita
posted December 17, 2014 08:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pita Click Here to Email Pita Send a private message to Pita Click to send Pita an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I haven't received cards in flimsy sleeves before. Hope they aren't sending expensive cards in those !

daner
posted December 18, 2014 01:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dkrush3995:
I was not sure where to put this, but I wanted to get someone's opinion on this matter. I have been receiving alot of cards lately in the flimsey ultra pro sleeves. They are not top loader sleeves. How do you leave feedback for this? I have gotten 1 that was bent due to this so I left bad feedback there. But, do you immediately leave neutral feedback in this case? Just not sure.

pffft....I'd love to get cards in flimsy sleeves. A few times I've bought recently have been like, hand-made paper sleeves, those are cute.....can't wait until I get a letter that was in the rain/weather. These are from HIGH ref'd Ebay members, too. can't really bitch since the cards came intact....but I can just sense something is going to go wrong eventually.

All cards should be shipped in a top loader when buying off Ebay....just my personal opinion.

LandDestroyer
posted December 18, 2014 08:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I bought like 20 duals off ebay last week. 1 seller i bought 1 scrubland from and a few days later 2 taiga. i just received the scrubland and it was in a top loader but nothing put over the top so it slid out and dinged the top left corner. i messaged the seller expressing concern over that and the 2 taiga but she'd already shipped them out. unsure how this is going to end up

Pail42
posted December 18, 2014 08:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Ebay will give you your money back if you are unhappy.

LandDestroyer
posted December 18, 2014 08:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
Ebay will give you your money back if you are unhappy.

Ya, but it's a small ding on the card and a newer seller with like 5 feedback who has been decent on communication so I don't wanna have to request a refund and ship the card back but it would affect the value a little bit. If the Taigas come and are fine I might just eat it but if they have any dings I might ask for a partial refund.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League