Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Take a look at these vintage cards for me? mox, lotus, vault, loa, walk, twist real?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Take a look at these vintage cards for me? mox, lotus, vault, loa, walk, twist real?
LandDestroyer
posted May 06, 2015 11:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Have worked out a deal for these. they all look legit but for some reason the guy (met through the high end group) is having problems uploading the higher res images to imgur (says they were like 22mb and is getting them down to like 8mb

these all look good to you guys
lotus, 3 moxen, shops, vault, loa, walk, twister
http://imgur.com/a/iYCFt

coasterdude84
posted May 06, 2015 11:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Pics are indeed kinda small, but they all look fine from here.

DJSmurfy
posted May 06, 2015 12:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DJSmurfy Click Here to Email DJSmurfy Send a private message to DJSmurfy Click to send DJSmurfy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DJSmurfy's Have/Want ListView DJSmurfy's Have/Want List
I'd say they all look legitimate. That kind of wear isn't particularly easy to fake (I've been trying). Also, for the lands, the fakes I've seen are very, very pale in comparison to what you have there.

LandDestroyer
posted May 06, 2015 12:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by DJSmurfy:
That kind of wear isn't particularly easy to fake (I've been trying).

lol, wut?

DJSmurfy
posted May 06, 2015 12:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DJSmurfy Click Here to Email DJSmurfy Send a private message to DJSmurfy Click to send DJSmurfy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DJSmurfy's Have/Want ListView DJSmurfy's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
lol, wut?

To see how easy it is to reduce the crazy glare for one.

Also, I want to have a fully powered Vintage deck made of these fakes to shuffle unsleeved and completely F up just to troll people.

LandDestroyer
posted May 06, 2015 12:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by DJSmurfy:
To see how easy it is to reduce the crazy glare for one.

Also, I want to have a fully powered Vintage deck made of these fakes to shuffle unsleeved and completely F up just to troll people.

ah ok. keep us up to date so we can see what others might do in trying to pass off stuff?

DJSmurfy
posted May 06, 2015 01:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for DJSmurfy Click Here to Email DJSmurfy Send a private message to DJSmurfy Click to send DJSmurfy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View DJSmurfy's Have/Want ListView DJSmurfy's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
ah ok. keep us up to date so we can see what others might do in trying to pass off stuff?

Yeah, this is something I'm going to try to stay on top of what I can, even though I am broke as all hell right now.

As soon as that other seller tries to sell his set that was completely different than anyone elses, I'm going to try to jump on it. These guys will close up shop, and restart under a different name fairly quickly. They might even be selling under different store names because they use the same pictures as one another quite often, watermarks and all. It's hard to decipher. The best I can figure is that there are a few sellers all sourcing from one producer, or their choice of producer. The bad fakes I posted came from two different sellers, but are all the same quality.

LandDestroyer
posted May 06, 2015 01:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coasterdude84:
Pics are indeed kinda small, but they all look fine from here.

Well, I agreed to buy them. Wish me luck.

RIP Bank account

PS. That lotus and twister will be extras. I'll be looking to trade the Lotus down to
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Jet
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time walk

Condition flexible. Lmk if you know anyone who is interested. I'll probably sell the twister or trade it into other reserve list vintage staples

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League