Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  A prerelease promo conundrum

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   A prerelease promo conundrum
JoshSherman
posted October 16, 2014 11:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
So I get why they made 40 different promo cards for the Khans prerelease*, but that really bends me over as a collector of prerelease cards. Collecting all 40 of them simply doesn't seem to be an option. I think the alternative is to pick up the prerelease versions of the intro pack foils, since that's what they'd been using for the promos since RTR. Do you have any thoughts on the matter?

*- side note: I really think this is going to benefit all prereleases going forward. Mirror matches are the absolute worst, particularly in a brand new format.

daner
posted October 17, 2014 01:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
I wish theyd just do away with the "stacked" pack in pre-releases. No matter how they try WOTC cant fairly balance it, so the best way to balance would be completly random, you know, how it worked for damn near 20 years. Then maybe make 4-5 promos that are randomly passed out instead of the 1 they use to.

Troll
posted October 17, 2014 05:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Troll Click Here to Email Troll Send a private message to Troll Click to send Troll an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Troll's Have/Want ListView Troll's Have/Want List
I smell what you're stepping in!! I collected pre-release cards and have at least 1 of each up until they started making several for the same tourney.

(If you have any extra Stone-Tongue Basilisks, can you PM me?)

coolio
posted October 17, 2014 05:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coolio Click Here to Email coolio Send a private message to coolio Click to send coolio an Instant MessageVisit coolio's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
just get all 40

©

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
-Seneca the Younger

hilikuS
posted October 17, 2014 06:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
Yeah man. Gives you something to collect that's pretty cool to have. Like, anybody can have a pre-release promo, or even one of every Guild or whatever, but all of the Khans promos is probably pretty rare as a full set of 40. Not that people couldn't just do the same, but still cool IMO.

JoshSherman
posted October 18, 2014 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Trade Auction or SaleView JoshSherman's Trade Auction or Sale
You guys suck. Of course I'm compulsed to get all 40. I'm up to around 10. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to buy some of them, which is also going to be awful.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League