Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Judge or some who can answer Pleased

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Judge or some who can answer Pleased
Encantadian
posted October 16, 2014 06:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Encantadian Click Here to Email Encantadian Send a private message to Encantadian Click to send Encantadian an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have a Question About Morh and Ghost Fire Blade; Stormbreath Dragon and Hushwing Gryff.

Morph: pay 3 mana for a 2/2 creature.

Ghostfire Blade 1

Ghostfire Blade's equip ability costs 1 less to activate if it targets a colorless creature.

Morph and Ghostfire Blade

The Question:

1)Is morph creature would considered a COLORLESS creature.or just a simple 2/2 creature?

2) If yes can i activate ghost fire blade for 1 mana to equip a morh creature card like "Wingmate Roc".?

3)if we activate it's face up cost ,assuming i have 2/2 morph creature with equipment with a ghostfire blade blade, when a i face up a morph creature is Ghost fire blade would attached to a creature or not?

STORMBREATH DRAGON ANd Hushwing Gryff

Stormbreath Dragon
Creature — Dragon (MR)
Flying, haste, protection from white

Hushwing Gryff
Flash
Flying
Creatures entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.
2/1

My opponent card a Stormbreath Dragon..,in responds to his Dragon i cast a Hushwing Gryff..

Questions:

1)Is HASTE and protection from the white,is that a trigger ability of Stormbreath Dragon.?

2)when i cast Hushwing Gryff can i kill his stormbreath dragon using a reprisal.?since it's protection is no longer trigger to cause because of Hushwing Gryff ability which say no longer trigger..?

3)Is HASTE,Trample,protection from the white for example,hex proof,double strike and first strike is that a trigger ability of a creature..?can i negate that by Hushwing Gryff?

Pail42
posted October 16, 2014 06:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Face down creatures are colorless (unless some other effect gives them a color). Ghostfire blade costs one less to equip if the target is colorless at time of activation.

If a creature gains colors after the equip cost is paid it does not counter the equip ability. If a creature gains colors after the equipment is attached it does not cause the equipment to fall off.

Rabid Wo1f
posted October 16, 2014 06:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List

STORMBREATH DRAGON ANd Hushwing Gryff

Stormbreath Dragon
Creature — Dragon (MR)
Flying, haste, protection from white

Hushwing Gryff
Flash
Flying
Creatures entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.
2/1

My opponent card a Stormbreath Dragon..,in responds to his Dragon i cast a Hushwing Gryff..

Questions:

1)Is HASTE and protection from the white,is that a trigger ability of Stormbreath Dragon.?

2)when i cast Hushwing Gryff can i kill his stormbreath dragon using a reprisal.?since it's protection is no longer trigger to cause because of Hushwing Gryff ability which say no longer trigger..?

3)Is HASTE,Trample,protection from the white for example,hex proof,double strike and first strike is that a trigger ability of a creature..?can i negate that by Hushwing Gryff?[/b][/QUOTE]

1) No it is not a triggered ability.
603.1. Triggered abilities have a trigger condition and an effect. They are written as “[Trigger condition], [effect],” and begin with the word “when,” “whenever,” or “at.” They can also be expressed as “[When/Whenever/At] [trigger event], [effect].” #

2) No you cannot. Hushwing Gryff does not shut off static abilities such as flying, haste, or protection from white.
http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Static_ability

3)No, see above.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Rabid Wo1f on October 16, 2014]

dfitzg88
posted October 16, 2014 06:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Encantadian:
Is HASTE,Trample,protection from the white for example,hex proof,double strike and first strike is that a trigger ability of a creature..?can i negate that by Hushwing Gryff?

Those are static abilities. They are not triggered abilities. A triggered ability usually begins with "when," "whenever," or "at," for example:

Abhorrent Overlord: "When Abhorrent Overlord enters the battlefield, put a number of 1/1 black Harpy creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield equal to your devotion to black."

Hushwing Gryff does not stop most keyword abilities, which are static abilities.

For any more rules questions, the thread is here:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026189.html

Pail42
posted October 16, 2014 07:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Haste, protection, flying, first strike, and trample are "static" abilities. Hushwing gryff doesn't stop any of these.

Battlecry and exalted are "triggered" abilities that have keywords. Normal triggered abilities will use words "whenever", "when",
or "at" to let you know what conditions cause the ability to trigger.

nderdog
posted October 16, 2014 07:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
If only there were a place where rulings questions could be asked...

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/026189.html

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League