Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Best place to buylist a bunch of commons and uncommons?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Best place to buylist a bunch of commons and uncommons?
mgoodridge
posted October 05, 2014 04:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mgoodridge Click Here to Email mgoodridge Send a private message to mgoodridge Click to send mgoodridge an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mgoodridge's Have/Want ListView mgoodridge's Have/Want List
I have a ton I mean a ton of 5 cent to 10 cent common and uncommons I'm just looking to send to one place. What's the best place to do this? I'm looking at a combination of things such as timely payments, highest buy prices, and least strict grading. Thanks : )

JayC
posted October 05, 2014 07:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
lol...ya...haha.

mgoodridge
posted October 06, 2014 05:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mgoodridge Click Here to Email mgoodridge Send a private message to mgoodridge Click to send mgoodridge an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mgoodridge's Have/Want ListView mgoodridge's Have/Want List
Thanks for the info jayc. I'm just looking for people's experience they had with different sites so it can help me pick one. I know no site will have all these attributes.

iccarus
posted October 06, 2014 05:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mgoodridge:
I have a ton I mean a ton of 5 cent to 10 cent common and uncommons I'm just looking to send to one place. What's the best place to do this? I'm looking at a combination of things such as timely payments, highest buy prices, and least strict grading. Thanks : )

You are likely looking for a mythical beast. Even if you find one that pays well and is not a super-strict grader on low value stuff, they likely will also make you pay for shipping on your own.

Sell locally as a collection.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

gaeacradle
posted October 06, 2014 06:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
First of all, are these 5 and 10 cents buylist values or some random values? Because for commons and uncommons, 5 and 10 "retail" values are basically worthless.

If they are buylist values, my suggestion would be to look out for MTGDeals to come to a GP near you. They will sit down and separate all your common/uncommon for you into piles of 5, 10, 25, 50, and so forth. However, I wouldn't do this until Sunday night as they are too busy otherwise, and most likely just ask you for a number that you want instead.

Otherwise, as iccarus said, you are looking for something that doesn't exist.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by gaeacradle on October 06, 2014]

mgoodridge
posted October 06, 2014 07:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mgoodridge Click Here to Email mgoodridge Send a private message to mgoodridge Click to send mgoodridge an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mgoodridge's Have/Want ListView mgoodridge's Have/Want List
These are buylist values. And I know no one site will have the best buy buy prices and best customer service, etc. I'm willing to make sacrifices. I'm just trying to find what most people use in this situation. I would do the GP thing but there isn't one close to me anytime soon.

gaeacradle
posted October 06, 2014 08:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mgoodridge:
These are buylist values. And I know no one site will have the best buy buy prices and best customer service, etc. I'm willing to make sacrifices. I'm just trying to find what most people use in this situation. I would do the GP thing but there isn't one close to me anytime soon.

I waited until there is a GP. Shipping will kill you on any kind of profit that you can get. The only other option is work out a deal with a local store. But at the quantity that you have, only major retailers would have the capacity to absorb them.

mgoodridge
posted October 06, 2014 09:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mgoodridge Click Here to Email mgoodridge Send a private message to mgoodridge Click to send mgoodridge an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mgoodridge's Have/Want ListView mgoodridge's Have/Want List
Thanks for the Help man . I'm just accumulated so many commons and uncommons that are worth more than bulk from collections I've bought. Just want to move them lol.

jaromirjagr
posted October 06, 2014 09:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jaromirjagr Click Here to Email jaromirjagr Send a private message to jaromirjagr Click to send jaromirjagr an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jaromirjagr's Trade Auction or SaleView jaromirjagr's Trade Auction or Sale
I would have a look through your stuff before you get rid of it all.There might be some commons/uncommons of value in there.If you don't know ask a friend or player that knows there cards and wont try to rip you off or someone trustworthy.Then I would try craigslist or kijiji or whatever buy/sell sight you have in your area.Personally Ive had some luck downloading bulk on kijiji.But like others say,shipping will kill you and you will get next to no return.Try and sell local.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League