Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Foil or Regular?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Foil or Regular?
Heresy19
posted September 30, 2014 06:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
I only play modern and only play 1 deck: "Elves!"

Should I finish foiling it or should I unfoil it and keep bigger cards in a binder to hold value?

Thanks in advance guys

coasterdude84
posted September 30, 2014 07:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Foil that sucker!

Heresy19
posted October 01, 2014 04:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
So far it's 2 to 1 (on 2 forums) in favor of the foiling. Anybody else?

dfitzg88
posted October 01, 2014 07:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heresy19:
So far it's 2 to 1 (on 2 forums) in favor of the foiling. Anybody else?

To me, it's psychologically rewarding to foil out a deck, and obviously holds value far better than a non-foil counterpart.

I'd foil it out simply for the hunt and the shiny stuff.

slurpee
posted October 01, 2014 09:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Foil it but slowly...I have seen a lot of people who go through and foil a deck they have played for a long time and then once it is all foil they move onto another deck. Sad really, but I see it alot.

Heresy19
posted October 01, 2014 12:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
Cool, foil it is

Besides my mana base and cloudstone curios, pretty much everything else is foil

I'll take my time, I don't have timeto play IRL since the birth of my daughter :P

Thanks everyone

P.S. Slurpee, I'll just pimp it out more after it's foiled (i.e. dci llanowar elves, judges basics, etc...) I'm just crazy about elves since lorwyn :P

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Heresy19 on October 01, 2014]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League