Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Questions regarding pricing/sources, list formatting, etc.

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Questions regarding pricing/sources, list formatting, etc.
nshamas
posted October 21, 2014 12:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nshamas Click Here to Email nshamas Send a private message to nshamas Click to send nshamas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nshamas's Trade Auction or SaleView nshamas's Trade Auction or Sale
Hi there friends.

I just have a few questions.
- What do the majority of you use as a reference for pricing cards?
- What is the most popular, easy to read format for lists?
- Should I alphabetize my cards?
- Do bins help sell cards? IE - $.50 bin, $1 bin, etc.,....

Anyone have any tips on anything I could do to get my cards moving faster?

Please let me know some tips and tricks you've learned over the years on MOTL =)

Thanks,
-Nick!

Rabid Wo1f
posted October 21, 2014 02:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
Hi,

I noticed that a lot of people use TCG mid or Starcity Games as a price guide. I also noticed that alot of people have started doing price lists. An example is:

$20+
$10+

ect. I haven't really sold anything on here by bin, and that makes me kinda clueless how people do that.

nshamas
posted October 21, 2014 02:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nshamas Click Here to Email nshamas Send a private message to nshamas Click to send nshamas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nshamas's Trade Auction or SaleView nshamas's Trade Auction or Sale
Yes, I currently and mainly use TCG low-mid, and refer from time-to-time, SCG-- and that's about it.. Thanks for your response my friend

quote:
Originally posted by Rabid Wo1f:
Hi,

I noticed that a lot of people use TCG mid or Starcity Games as a price guide. I also noticed that alot of people have started doing price lists. An example is:

$20+
$10+

ect. I haven't really sold anything on here by bin, and that makes me kinda clueless how people do that.

paragondave
posted October 21, 2014 02:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
The only way to sell your cards faster is to sell them cheaper than anyone else. If you sell them at the same price then you need to send quicker, package better and provide better customer service. That method takes time to build up a reputation as someone who offers these quality services. Best of luck! Dave

nshamas
posted October 21, 2014 02:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nshamas Click Here to Email nshamas Send a private message to nshamas Click to send nshamas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nshamas's Trade Auction or SaleView nshamas's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
The only way to sell your cards faster is to sell them cheaper than anyone else. If you sell them at the same price then you need to send quicker, package better and provide better customer service. That method takes time to build up a reputation as someone who offers these quality services. Best of luck! Dave

Very true my friend. I don't like to blatantly undercut people is one problem, though I understand that generally I'm not going to tell someone that I am selling something cheaper than them, hehe.. but yeah, all you said is but oh so true

Thanks for the input Dave =),
-Nick

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League