Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  The Post for Magic Stuff #87 - Khans of Tarkir? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Post for Magic Stuff #87 - Khans of Tarkir?
James_Hetfield2
posted May 18, 2014 06:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for James_Hetfield2 Click Here to Email James_Hetfield2 Send a private message to James_Hetfield2 Click to send James_Hetfield2 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Been on the site since 1998, but my first time to make one of these

One month til Vintage Masters and a chance (albeit a small one of opening a Foil Black Lotus)!

iccarus
posted May 18, 2014 06:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Comment on the WotC live stream:

quote:
4:25 Comment From Dack Fayden, Greatest Thief in the Multiverse

Wow, Chapin is murdering this guy!

awkward

EDIT: But seriously, I was rooting for the guy to win. He truly had an amazing run this weekend and he's a pro I actually like to watch play.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by iccarus on May 18, 2014]

Sovarius
posted May 18, 2014 07:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Have/Want ListView Sovarius's Have/Want List
What's the current rumour about fetch reprints? Coming to standard soon, or?

Volcanon
posted May 18, 2014 09:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Will there ever be a Tigtone magic card?

Pail42
posted May 19, 2014 09:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1496 Wizards now has link to the Khans video and the art on the mothership.

Those ogres and humans look an awful lot like samurai? They wouldn't bring back bushido right? I think Battle Cry has a high chance of returning.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Pail42 on May 19, 2014]

Sovarius
posted May 19, 2014 10:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Have/Want ListView Sovarius's Have/Want List
What is the old thing they are going to do again because players have been asking for it? (referring to MaRo's statements about KTK)

Seeking jap/rus/kor/ger nonfoils for Ghave EDH

psrex
posted May 19, 2014 10:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sovarius:
What is the old thing they are going to do again because players have been asking for it? (referring to MaRo's statements about KTK)

I'm guessing that is full art lands.

chaos021
posted May 19, 2014 10:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by psrex:
I'm guessing that is full art lands.

That would be awesome if they have amazing art.

My Sale Thread

dfitzg88
posted May 19, 2014 10:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/magic-tv-modern-standard-and-block-oh-my/

Ok, so at about the 55 minute mark, they start talking about cubing and Louis sharpie-ing cards into rebels like Oblivion Ring and Savannah Lions.

Has anyone done this type of thing with tribal cubes, or anything else interesting to make tribal cubes more fun?

I want to build a cheaper cube with more of a tribal feel, especially with instants and sorceries, and wonder if there is a good way to get started.

Goaswerfraiejen
posted May 20, 2014 04:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:

Those ogres and humans look an awful lot like samurai? They wouldn't bring back bushido right? I think Battle Cry has a high chance of returning.

If anything, given the set name, it should be horsemanship. But since the art appears to feature samurai... =/

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

chaos021
posted May 21, 2014 12:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
Every time I see another topic/thread/post about "so fetch lands are coming back...," I hear a chant repeated in my head that says, "Beat! That! Horse!"

My Sale Thread

oneofchaos
posted May 21, 2014 01:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:
Every time I see another topic/thread/post about "so fetch lands are coming back...," I hear a chant repeated in my head that says, "Beat! That! Horse!"

Incoming PETA mob.

harbingerofthevoid
posted May 21, 2014 01:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
I'm going to throw out Snow-Covered Full art basics.

The little bit of art work, it seems to be cold there. And, some cooler snow-activated effects would be neat to see.

AEther Storm
posted May 21, 2014 02:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by harbingerofthevoid:
I'm going to throw out Snow-Covered Full art basics.

The little bit of art work, it seems to be cold there. And, some cooler snow-activated effects would be neat to see.

I agree that Wizards could do much more with the Snow-concept, adding a random spell/creature here and there. A Mammoth for instance could easily be of the Snow Type.

And now for something completely different:

I've posted my Mill deck in the Deck Help Forum, having a tourney this Sunday. If you want to read an (hopefully) enjoyable tournament report again by me, please help me out! It's not finished after the last time I took it to a tournament and decided to edit it. Thanks!

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

junichi
posted May 21, 2014 02:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AEther Storm:
I agree that Wizards could do much more with the Snow-concept, adding a random spell/creature here and there. A Mammoth for instance could easily be of the Snow Type.

And now for something completely different:

I've posted my Mill deck in the Deck Help Forum, having a tourney this Sunday. If you want to read an (hopefully) enjoyable tournament report again by me, please help me out! It's not finished after the last time I took it to a tournament and decided to edit it. Thanks!

I was hoping it would be a standard mill.

(I don't play standard, but if I ever do, I would probably play something n00bie like U/B mill.)

"The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ."
—Keldon soldier

Pail42
posted May 21, 2014 03:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I would not be surprised if the brand new exciting thing in this set is some form "mount" mechanic so you can pass horses and such around.

harbingerofthevoid
posted May 21, 2014 03:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
I would not be surprised if the brand new exciting thing in this set is some form "mount" mechanic so you can pass horses and such around.

Interestng. I guess if it worked something like Soulbound and not one or two equipment "horses" it could be cool.

Maybe something simple and Lorwyn-esque like soulbound but only attched to humans, barbarians, etc and gave horsemanship.

Probably more like 1/1 for each color. Mount like soulbound. Green, trample etc.. Both crearures attack and block as 1 but you get to split damage to them kind of like banding.

jbark
posted May 21, 2014 07:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:

sorry. i just thought i would stir it up lol.

AEther Storm
posted May 21, 2014 11:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by junichi:
I was hoping it would be a standard mill.

(I don't play standard, but if I ever do, I would probably play something n00bie like U/B mill.)

I'm going to work on that, though I hate standard. I'll give you a sign when I have a draft ready.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

chaos021
posted May 22, 2014 08:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
If you don't know what dual lands (or anything else) for that matter is worth, why are you trading or buying it? You wouldn't buy a used car without having an idea what it's worth? Or would you? Yea... you probably would.

My Sale Thread

sdarmst107
posted May 22, 2014 09:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for sdarmst107 Click Here to Email sdarmst107 Send a private message to sdarmst107 Click to send sdarmst107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View sdarmst107's Have/Want ListView sdarmst107's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AEther Storm:
I'm going to work on that, though I hate standard. I'll give you a sign when I have a draft ready.

U/B Mill is easy in Standard as it stands now, my first FNM in years i used one and got 5th place, got beaten out by a bunch of U/W control and B/W decks. Ive long since torn down the deck, but have the list still up, if youd like to see it, PM me, its alot of fun to **** off people

dfitzg88
posted May 22, 2014 11:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Double sleeving my cards, I noticed they no longer fit in my traditional deck boxes. Does anyone have any suggestions for larger deck boxes?

I have one of the Ultrapro Commander deck boxes but I don't like it too much. The weird angle of the cards just bothers me plus it's ginormous for a standard deck.

Has anyone used the Satin Tower or the Mana Dual Flip deck boxes (or anything else that has a classy feel)? I just don't know what they look like, or if they're TOO big.

I'm looking for something high-quality (not just cheap plastic) that will comfortably fit my deck/sideboard and some tokens, preferably with a divider.

psrex
posted May 22, 2014 01:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The UltraPro Pro-Deck Box is pretty nice. It comfortably fits a double-sleeved Commander deck and a few tokens, and it has a divider:

http://www.potomacdist.com/detail.asp?itemid=upp100pbdbp#.U35kQIbwCNM

skizzikmonger
posted May 23, 2014 04:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for skizzikmonger Click Here to Email skizzikmonger Send a private message to skizzikmonger Click to send skizzikmonger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Bought a box of Journey, pulled the God pack

[Edited 1 times, lastly by skizzikmonger on May 23, 2014]

Sovarius
posted May 24, 2014 10:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Have/Want ListView Sovarius's Have/Want List
Tamiyo Emblem + Omniscience + Leyline of Anticipation + Bribery = YUM-MY

quote:
Trading down SDCC Full Set for $750 in cards; make an offer!

If you can add some $10-15 cards to your offer to push it above $750, that's great. I'd be more excited about an offer of 90 $10 cards than 3 $250 cards.

God rules apply: I reserve the right not to trade this item if none of the trade offers is to my liking.

As this is a high-value trade, I reserve the right to ask for a brick-and-mortar Magic shop to serve as middleman.

Some people are too new.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Sovarius on May 24, 2014]

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League