Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Real or Fax Mox?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Real or Fax Mox?
ucberic
posted April 16, 2015 04:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ucberic Click Here to Email ucberic Send a private message to ucberic Click to send ucberic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So I sold most of my collection years ago, but after starting to play more magic recently, I wanted to VERY slowly through many, many, years gather a power 9 set as I see good deals through trades or online.

Then I remembered my buddy had two Moxes from way back and he stopped playing. So we worked out a deal and I bought them off him. They seem legit to me and I ran the usual tests (but I'm far from being expert). The tests seem okay, but the right side and bottom border (Between the picture and the white border) of the Mox Emerald isn't a sold line like it is on the mox ruby. I see the usual dot printing go slightly over. While the top and left sides are perfect. Mox Ruby has 4 solid sides. Is this a normal printing flaw in some cards?

He got these through trades at some convention ~5 years ago. Can you guys tell if these are real by the scans? Thanks in advance for any help!

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/9410/PRoUlV.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/2504/FEf3As.png

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/5860/WNel05.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img905/6922/jnU1yq.png

aethertech
posted April 16, 2015 04:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for aethertech Click Here to Email aethertech Send a private message to aethertech Click to send aethertech an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View aethertech's Have/Want ListView aethertech's Have/Want List
They look good to me.

Tha Gunslinga
posted April 16, 2015 07:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
Those are beautiful scans. Those Moxen are real.

ucberic
posted April 16, 2015 11:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ucberic Click Here to Email ucberic Send a private message to ucberic Click to send ucberic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments! Feeling more secure after hearing both your views. Any suggestions on how to get that gunk off on the white border? Light pencil eraser?

quote:
Originally posted by Tha Gunslinga:
Those are beautiful scans. Those Moxen are real.

Lore
posted April 17, 2015 07:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lore Click Here to Email Lore Send a private message to Lore Click to send Lore an Instant MessageVisit Lore's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Lore's Have/Want ListView Lore's Have/Want List
Yes, that would work, or windex deluted. Dab a bit on paper towels and lightly brush the front, good at getting off random grime.

ucberic
posted April 17, 2015 01:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ucberic Click Here to Email ucberic Send a private message to ucberic Click to send ucberic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Tried 3 different types of erasers. That gunk ain't movin'... Not sure I want to try the windex yet. Hmm...

quote:
Originally posted by Lore:
Yes, that would work, or windex deluted. Dab a bit on paper towels and lightly brush the front, good at getting off random grime.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League