Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Double sleeving deck, need help

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Double sleeving deck, need help
Truman
posted August 30, 2014 09:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Truman Click Here to Email Truman Send a private message to Truman Click to send Truman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to double sleeve a deck, and have the cards in the perfect fits. The problem I'm having is getting them into the second sleeve. I absolutely love the feel of UltraPRO sleeves (I like the textured backs) but it seems as thought they shaved 1mm (from 67mm to 66mm) off the size of their sleeves, and it makes it nearly impossible to get the perfect fits inside of them now. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other sleeves that have the same texture on the backs or where I can find some of the older version of the UltraPRO stuff?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Truman on August 30, 2014]

keywacat
posted August 30, 2014 11:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
What you need to try is to get the perfect-fit sleeved card started in the Ultra-Pro sleeve, then slide some other non-sleeved card into the Ultra-Pro sleeve to compress the perfect fit.

1) Get the perfect-fitted card started in the Ultra-Pro sleeve, the top of the sleeve should just be crossing the bottom black or white border of the card

2) Insert an unsleeved card into the Ultra-Pro sleeve with the perfect fitted card. Front or behind the perfect-fitted card, makes no difference

3) Push the double sleeved card and a non-sleeved card down into the Ultra-Pro sleeve together, keeping the non-sleeved card slightly higher

4) When the perfect-fitted card is fully inside the Ultra-Pro sleeve remove the unsleeved card

This may take some practise, though once you try a few times you'll get the hang of it. I have to do this for about half my Ultra-Pro sleeved decks, the Ultra-Pros vary in width.

My KMC sleeves, however, those present no problem and the perfect-fitted card slides right in.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by keywacat on August 30, 2014]

Rabid Wo1f
posted August 30, 2014 03:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Click Here to Email Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by keywacat:
What you need to try is to get the perfect-fit sleeved card started in the Ultra-Pro sleeve, then slide some other non-sleeved card into the Ultra-Pro sleeve to compress the perfect fit.

1) Get the perfect-fitted card started in the Ultra-Pro sleeve, the top of the sleeve should just be crossing the bottom black or white border of the card

2) Insert an unsleeved card into the Ultra-Pro sleeve with the perfect fitted card. Front or behind the perfect-fitted card, makes no difference

3) Push the double sleeved card and a non-sleeved card down into the Ultra-Pro sleeve together, keeping the non-sleeved card slightly higher

4) When the perfect-fitted card is fully inside the Ultra-Pro sleeve remove the unsleeved card

This may take some practise, though once you try a few times you'll get the hang of it. I have to do this for about half my Ultra-Pro sleeved decks, the Ultra-Pros vary in width.

My KMC sleeves, however, those present no problem and the perfect-fitted card slides right in.

I also use KMC. I use these ones specifically.
http://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Matte-Sleeves-80-Pack-Black/dp/B00CJ7415M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409438326&sr=8-1&keywords=kmc+sleeves

They work out pretty good for me, and I double sleeve them as well.

ravidell
posted August 30, 2014 07:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ravidell Click Here to Email ravidell Send a private message to ravidell Click to send ravidell an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ravidell's Have/Want ListView ravidell's Have/Want List
KMC perfect fit sleeves and ultrpro sleeves are not so friendly anymore. If KMC perfect fit sleeves, use KMC sleeves. If using Ultrapro Pro-fit, use Ultrapro sleeves

keywacat
posted August 31, 2014 04:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by ravidell:
KMC perfect fit sleeves and ultrpro sleeves are not so friendly anymore. If KMC perfect fit sleeves, use KMC sleeves. If using Ultrapro Pro-fit, use Ultrapro sleeves

My recommendation is always use KMC perfect-fits and whatever you want for the outer shield. The quality and consistency of the KMC perfect fits is well worth it and you'll have the same problems fitting Ultra-Pro perfect fits into Ultra-Pro sleeves.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League