Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Store break in!!!

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Store break in!!!
Ceyx69
posted July 29, 2014 07:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ceyx69 Click Here to Email Ceyx69 Send a private message to Ceyx69 Click to send Ceyx69 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Last night The Whiz in Westborough MA was robbed. If anyone comes around with a large amount of dual lands, or a large amount of 5+ dollar cards for sale this may be part of the inventory.

Ceyx69
posted July 29, 2014 08:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ceyx69 Click Here to Email Ceyx69 Send a private message to Ceyx69 Click to send Ceyx69 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Will be posting the csv of cards when I get to work. Posted this immediately after I received the phone call.

coasterdude84
posted July 29, 2014 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Was the store insured? Assuming so, they should file the police report and submit a claim for what was taken, and then just get on with business as usual. Cards are gone, and likely won't be traced to anyone unless you caught them on tape. Duals and other $5+ cards are so commonplace they may as well have just opened the register and walked out with cash.

Ceyx69
posted July 29, 2014 11:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ceyx69 Click Here to Email Ceyx69 Send a private message to Ceyx69 Click to send Ceyx69 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Heres a list of the inventory www.masswarveterans.com/v1/exlPostMeOnline.csv The cards were in binders sorted by set and color. They were all in penny sleeves with conditions marked on them. We already spoke with the police and are going through the process. Just doing anything I can to try to help out the situation.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Ceyx69 on July 29, 2014]

majicman
posted July 29, 2014 06:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for majicman Click Here to Email majicman Send a private message to majicman Click to send majicman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View majicman's Have/Want ListView majicman's Have/Want List
If I were you, I would post an add on local craigslist from an "anonymous" email (or one that isn't associated with the store) and ask for specific cards that were stolen.

You may get a hit (response)...you never know. If so, they may be after quick money grab and if you are lucky, bring the same binder(s) down with the cards still intact. Thieves are more greedy than they are smart and perhaps you may get a reply. I would also monitor craigslist for pics/lists of cards. Unless you have some sort of distinguishing characteristics (binder has your phone number inside somewhere or pics) it is fairly difficult to recover.

I do wish you the best of luck...Greg

[Edited 1 times, lastly by majicman on July 29, 2014]

Nitelite
posted July 29, 2014 08:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nitelite Click Here to Email Nitelite Send a private message to Nitelite Click to send Nitelite an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
That sucks. I played there years ago and drive by there everyday. Didn't realize they sold singles (they didn't when I played there).

Ceyx69
posted July 31, 2014 07:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ceyx69 Click Here to Email Ceyx69 Send a private message to Ceyx69 Click to send Ceyx69 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OV4u9cZudyUKVFT20WM-VHPUzeu_wJU7D6DqUoq0C6U/edit#gid=0 Is 100% of the items that were stolen.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League