Magic Discussion
  Selling on Tcgplayer (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Selling on Tcgplayer
slurpee
posted November 13, 2014 08:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Yes I know you probably should only have one topic at a time, but it seems to me that people have more input then trying to muddle up the other discussion.

I know a year or so ago their was a similar discussion, but I would be interested to see peoples input on tcgplayer. I have for years just gone onto tcg and found the cheapest NM price and then just match it. Didn't matter how many stars or how many sales.

What I am trying to get rid of at least on my list are cards less 2.00 each. I see that they charge their percentage plus .50 per transaction.

At what percentage should I just buylist the little cards?

Myself I never deal in standard cards, what actually sells on tcg?

Using an example of say the card Humility. I am asking 12.00 for them, they sell for 12.50. Would you list yours then at 12.50 on tcg? or 12.00?

I can not be the only one curious about tcgplayer, but I know only what people have shared. Yes I have read their page, but I am more interested in peoples actual experience with the website.

Do you have to be the cheapest? How often do people complain about condition? Chargebacks? Lost orders?

[Edited 1 times, lastly by slurpee on November 13, 2014]

AGO
posted November 13, 2014 10:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have had 400+ orders and counting. I have shipped all of them in a PWE in exception of like 5. I have had one issue of condition and that is it.I have never lost an order. I just list the card with $0.99 shipping and match the lowest listing. The amount of time I save is worth the fees. Also I don't list cards worth less then $3. If you don't value your time like I do then I can see trying to milk the system for a few more dollars, but it is just not worth it to me.

Someone did the math a while back and I think the sweet spot is like $10. $10 and up you should sell on TCG and below that sell on Ebay.

Volcanon
posted November 13, 2014 11:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
TCGPlayer is US only, so it's useless just like every other website except forum-based ones and ebay.

mm1983
posted November 13, 2014 11:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
How popular is Cardshark for selling cards? I have only used it for buying mass amounts of commons and uncommons at a time when it was still worth while to buy and sell those type of cards. From a sellers stand point do they have fees like most of the other sites? I refuse to use TCGplayer for selling as I would rather just do Ebay if I have to pay those kind of fees. TCG wants 8.5% plus paypals 2.9% + .30

bushe
posted November 14, 2014 06:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bushe Click Here to Email bushe Send a private message to bushe Click to send bushe an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bushe's Have/Want ListView bushe's Have/Want List
CardShark charges 15% for a transaction fee, so I'm not sure it is a great place to save money

headumpire
posted November 14, 2014 06:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for headumpire Click Here to Email headumpire Send a private message to headumpire Click to send headumpire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I just started TCGPlayer last week. My inventory is automatically uploaded from CrystalCommerce, so I get the fee break. That being said it is still VERY expensive, that .30 is HUGE.

As for the my first impressions, I got 6 orders($200 total) in the first 45min of my inventory being launched. I am now on hold until those get delivered(new acct). But overall I was happy with the soft launch. Fees are expensive, but might be worth it. Will have more impressions early next week when I go fully live!

paragondave
posted November 14, 2014 07:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Man, we need MOTL fixed!

AGO
posted November 14, 2014 11:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by headumpire:
I just started TCGPlayer last week. My inventory is automatically uploaded from CrystalCommerce, so I get the fee break. That being said it is still VERY expensive, that .30 is HUGE.

As for the my first impressions, I got 6 orders($200 total) in the first 45min of my inventory being launched. I am now on hold until those get delivered(new acct). But overall I was happy with the soft launch. Fees are expensive, but might be worth it. Will have more impressions early next week when I go fully live!

Prepare yourself. After I hit the right levels and was able to list any amount I listed over 500 cards in one night and recieved like 30+ orders in one day!

The $0.30 is huge but you open yourself up to a market of players you will not get anywhere else. I almost exclusively purchase from TCG now.

headumpire
posted November 14, 2014 12:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for headumpire Click Here to Email headumpire Send a private message to headumpire Click to send headumpire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I automatically went to the highest level due to my acct with crystal commerce. So I just uploaded 75k of singles all over $1 lol. Acct got unlocked 10min ago. Had 4 orders already lol

Mr. Ruboonia
posted November 14, 2014 06:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Ruboonia Click Here to Email Mr. Ruboonia Send a private message to Mr. Ruboonia Click to send Mr. Ruboonia an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want ListView Mr. Ruboonia's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
Man, we need MOTL fixed!

Agreed. MOTL used to be THE place to buy, sell, trade. I still prefer to trade here, though it's like often like pulling teeth to get people to trade fairly these days.

Timmyhill
posted November 15, 2014 04:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I used to sell on cardshark but pricing on there seems to lag behind.

I've been selling on tcgplayer using crystal commerce for about a year now and I have to say the crystal commerce fee is a pain in the butt. I've been averaging about a sale a day, I really love the crystal commerce soft ware but the ebay integration just doesn't seem to work.

Also if you want a custom website using the crystal commerce design people its very pricy.... I'm looking to get a logo for my site and they want over $1,000. Which I suppose isn't super expensive but its more then I thought it would be.

I have about a 120,000 card collection right now and was hoping to turn it into something that would bring in a profit of about $3k-4k a year. This being my first year I might break even.

hilikuS
posted November 16, 2014 05:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by headumpire:
I automatically went to the highest level due to my acct with crystal commerce. So I just uploaded 75k of singles all over $1 lol. Acct got unlocked 10min ago. Had 4 orders already lol

Yeah it's stupid fast with just my 1500 items up. I can't imagine what a real inventory pulls down in a day.

flam flawless
posted November 18, 2014 12:43 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flam flawless Click Here to Email flam flawless Send a private message to flam flawless Click to send flam flawless an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View flam flawless's Have/Want ListView flam flawless's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Ruboonia:
Agreed. MOTL used to be THE place to buy, sell, trade. I still prefer to trade here, though it's like often like pulling teeth to get people to trade fairly these days.

^^this exactly. Motl needs an overhaul before it becomes completely obsolete

slurpee
posted November 18, 2014 01:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
that being said, do you find you have to be the cheapest on tcg in or to get the sale?

Eatatjoes
posted November 18, 2014 02:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Eatatjoes Click Here to Email Eatatjoes Send a private message to Eatatjoes Click to send Eatatjoes an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Eatatjoes's Have/Want ListView Eatatjoes's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
that being said, do you find you have to be the cheapest on tcg in or to get the sale?

I will pay a little more if it's a reputable dealer vs random dude with 30 sales. I also trust the conditions of cards from members with more sales.

chaos021
posted November 18, 2014 02:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Eatatjoes:
I will pay a little more if it's a reputable dealer vs random dude with 30 sales. I also trust the conditions of cards from members with more sales.

I also do this.

My Sale Thread

dfitzg88
posted November 18, 2014 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

for me, when i build a cart of 20-100 cards, I use the optimizer and never even look at seller feedback. Aside from the minor inconvenience of having to wait for the seller to resolve any issues, there's no real danger in taking the cheapest card.

They can't possibly rip you off with TCGPlayer breathing down their neck.

Pail42
posted November 19, 2014 04:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

A friend at work told me he started selling cards on TCG and found that he was getting tons of sales even though he wasn't trying to be the lowest.

As a buyer I often end up ordering multiples from stores with close to lowest price to save on shipping - most of the cards I buy are under $2.

AGO
posted November 19, 2014 05:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Most buyers who have a large list use the cart optimizer to get the best deal. You can ask more for your cards if you have a large inventory. I only have around 200 cards left after listing all my cards so I have to match the lowest price to get things sold. I buy a lot of singles from the lowest price seller. I have never had an issue with anything I have received.

slurpee
posted November 19, 2014 12:47 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
Do mostly NM cards just sell or other conditions?

headumpire
posted November 19, 2014 01:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for headumpire Click Here to Email headumpire Send a private message to headumpire Click to send headumpire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It's mostly non NM lol. Sold so many damaged and LP

Volcanon
posted November 19, 2014 09:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Are the TCGPlayer buyers less irritating than the eBay buyers? Some guy is threatening to file a claim when the auction ended 14 days ago and he paid 10 days ago, and we live in different countries. Facepalm.

valorale
posted November 19, 2014 10:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for valorale Click Here to Email valorale Send a private message to valorale Click to send valorale an Instant MessageVisit valorale's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
In 300+ sales on TCGplayer ive only had a couple people reach out to me for annoying stuff.

One guy ordered a playset of Judge foil dreadnaughts then I guess found them cheaper else where. Asked me to cancel the order a day later. I had already packaged and sent it off, so I told him when the package comes he can refuse it and have it returned to me or he can mail them back. Never heard from him again.

Another guy orders a $5 card then messages me to send it right away because he needed it that weekend.

stu55
posted November 20, 2014 07:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stu55's Have/Want ListView stu55's Have/Want List
Basically I have access to singles and sealed product at cost now and I am debating if doing TCG is worth it or not. Do a lot of the smaller starting up "stores" get a fair amount of business?

headumpire
posted November 22, 2014 05:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for headumpire Click Here to Email headumpire Send a private message to headumpire Click to send headumpire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to respond with my thoughts after the first week. First off, I automatically got the membership to list all my inventory at once, and my inventory is about 20,000 cards, all over $1 MID.

1) Got about 100 orders I believe. Ranging from $1 to $300. Most average orders were around 15. Averaging maybe 4 cards per order.

2) I was very surprised by the amount of non NM cards I have sold. Probably only 10% of the cards I sold were NM

3) I am currently using a $2 shipping setting. so I can ship with tracking I refuse to ship PWE as I don't want to take losses, and hate hand writing addresses lol. I am considering changing to a $1.25 shipping, and just sending anything expensive via tracking and have a small loss, which should then equal out all the small PWE stuff

Overall my experience has been decent. I think if i lowered the shipping price I may double my orders, as I am at or near TCGLow with card prices. If you don't mind shipping PWE and are priced near LOW you will sell pretty quick it seems like!

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League