Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Don't Shop at MTG Fanatic

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Don't Shop at MTG Fanatic
Volcanon
posted April 24, 2014 10:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
... because their terms and conditions are hilariously terrible.

http://www.mtgfanatic.com/Company/FAQs.aspx?ID=9.aspx#226666

Not only do they consider that a binding contract isn't binding on them (items 4 and 5) but until they got mocked on facebook, they had a clause saying that if you gave them negative feedback, you agreed to give them $3,500 if you didn't later retract that penalty.

Good thing I'm not a party to their hilariously terrible "contract" so I'm free to "libel" (seriously, they used that word) them.

Also, apparently you agree to waive any right to demand they not send you a trashed card.

Louisboy
posted April 25, 2014 12:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Louisboy Click Here to Email Louisboy Send a private message to Louisboy Click to send Louisboy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
on another note, it just took 4.5 months to get a cheque for some stuff I sold them in November... I sent some more stuff in February so i'd imagine that is going to take a while.. They used to be pretty quick.

paragondave
posted April 25, 2014 03:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I would like to add that if you do business with them, you deserve what you get. That is all, carry on.

SolonJhee
posted April 25, 2014 06:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for SolonJhee Click Here to Email SolonJhee Send a private message to SolonJhee Click to send SolonJhee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by paragondave:
I would like to add that if you do business with them, you deserve what you get. That is all, carry on.

I completely agree.

Tha Gunslinga
posted April 25, 2014 07:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Tha Gunslinga Click Here to Email Tha Gunslinga Send a private message to Tha Gunslinga Click to send Tha Gunslinga an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or SaleView Tha Gunslinga's Trade Auction or Sale
That is absolutely hilarious, totally unenforceable, and moronic. Have fun guys.
oneofchaos
posted April 25, 2014 10:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
These guys are morons. I am tempted to try to spec buy just so I can leave negative feedback when they cancel my order.

slurpee
posted April 25, 2014 02:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
seems like a sign they are in the process of money issues or perhaps selling to another store.

Wow there are a lot of complaints. Could also be employee theft.

Vegas10
posted April 25, 2014 04:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by slurpee:
seems like a sign they are in the process of money issues or perhaps selling to another store.

Wow there are a lot of complaints. Could also be employee theft.

Those terms are awful I would never use them, but where are you seeing all these complaints, link?

Volcanon
posted April 25, 2014 06:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vegas10:
Those terms are awful I would never use them, but where are you seeing all these complaints, link?

BBB has 14 complaints and an F rating. Any forum usually has at least one or two complaint thread.

paragondave
posted April 25, 2014 06:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
BBB has 14 complaints and an F rating. Any forum usually has at least one or two complaint thread.

I wonder how many paid the $3500 fee...

Volcanon
posted April 25, 2014 07:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It would be unenforceable even if they demanded it.

The whole "we aren't bound by a contract" thing is pretty egregious though.

iccarus
posted April 25, 2014 07:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
It would be unenforceable even if they demanded it.

The whole "we aren't bound by a contract" thing is pretty egregious though.

Doesn't stop them from sending it to collections and having it negatively impact your credit score. There's at least one case of this out there.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

Volcanon
posted April 25, 2014 07:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
Doesn't stop them from sending it to collections and having it negatively impact your credit score. There's at least one case of this out there.

That is exactly the same wording as the MTG Fanatic legal terms. Wonder if they just found it off google or something.

paragondave
posted April 25, 2014 10:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
I was being sarcastic. sorry.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League