Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Post for Magic Stuff #85 - How slow can we go? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Post for Magic Stuff #85 - How slow can we go?
iccarus
posted January 13, 2014 07:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Last one stretched from Halloween until 2014. Can we make this one go until summer?

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

nderdog
posted January 13, 2014 08:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for nderdog Click Here to Email nderdog Send a private message to nderdog Click to send nderdog an Instant MessageVisit nderdog's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View nderdog's Have/Want ListView nderdog's Have/Want List
Well, given the new information on high-quality fakes and not having much time to play these days, I think it's time to hang up my 3rd Party Trader hat. I just don't trust my abilities anymore.

All your Gruul Nodorogs are belong to me. Trade them to me, please!

Report rules violations.

Remember the Auctions Board!

harbingerofthevoid
posted January 13, 2014 08:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
Why is Grove of the Burn Willows is used as a 4-of in Modern Tron and Pod? Is it because the 1 life gain here and there is less of a draw back than the 2 up front for Stomping Grounds?

psrex
posted January 13, 2014 09:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Tron just needs the game to run long enough to win and doesn't care about the opponent's life total. It just needs to live, so Grove is much better.

Pail42
posted January 13, 2014 09:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harbingerofthevoid:
Why is Grove of the Burn Willows is used as a 4-of in Modern Tron and Pod? Is it because the 1 life gain here and there is less of a draw back than the 2 up front for Stomping Grounds?

With Tron and Pod you don't care if your opponent gains life because your plan is to lock them down or infinite combo. In those situations Grove doesn't have a practical downside.

oneofchaos
posted January 14, 2014 04:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I just a merchant cancel an order of Cabal Therapies on me. Oh how I love this game.

Psiclops
posted January 14, 2014 05:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Psiclops Click Here to Email Psiclops Send a private message to Psiclops Click to send Psiclops an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Psiclops's Trade Auction or SaleView Psiclops's Trade Auction or Sale
What is the going rate you pay for your pre-order boxes, locally, not online? And does your local store participate in the buy-a-box dealie?

I found one going $99.99 for pre-order Born of the Gods, and another going $120 that is "buy-a-box" enabled.

I3Iood
posted January 14, 2014 05:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Psiclops:
What is the going rate you pay for your pre-order boxes, locally, not online? And does your local store participate in the buy-a-box dealie?

I found one going $99.99 for pre-order Born of the Gods, and another going $120 that is "buy-a-box" enabled.

We sell pre-order boxes at $100 plus tax until release and then boxes go to $115 plus tax. We include the box promo with pre-orders and while supplies last during regular orders.

iccarus
posted January 14, 2014 06:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneofchaos:
I just a merchant cancel an order of Cabal Therapies on me. Oh how I love this game.

Serves you right for trying to buy them at the price they were willing to sell them for just a few days ago. The nerve of you entitled buyers.

stab107
posted January 14, 2014 07:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

My LGS takes pre-orders for $105CAD a box, promo and taxes included. My paygroup usually goes for two cases.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by stab107 on January 14, 2014]

Pail42
posted January 15, 2014 06:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

$85 cash-only and they don't give out the BAB promo (I don't know if they get it). It's not local for me but I have a friend who lives nearby.

jbark
posted January 15, 2014 11:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
I have a good friend that gets them for $80 but the LGS is $115.

Anyone notice lots of cards spiking and creeping. Lots of speculation.

Mutavault
Wormcoil engine
Cabal therapy
Fist of suns
Through the breach
Thoughtseize
Spellskite
Prophet of kruphix
Cyclonic rift
Shock lands
Birthing pod
Karn

Just to name a few.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by jbark on January 15, 2014]

Pail42
posted January 15, 2014 12:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jbark:
Shock lands

I assume these have been creeping up since less packs from RTR block have been getting opened lately.

sys41o
posted January 15, 2014 12:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for sys41o Click Here to Email sys41o Send a private message to sys41o Click to send sys41o an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by harbingerofthevoid:

Because it produces both colours of mana that the deck wants without having to pay life like you do with a Stomping Ground. In some match ups that is relevant for this deck because, as others have mentioned, this deck needs the games to run longer to be effective.

keywacat
posted January 15, 2014 11:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
Excerpts from a very fast two-headed giant EDH game...

Teams are:
Mikaeus the Unhallowed (mono-black 'everything dies') and Wort, Boggart Auntie (resilient rushing goblins) (on the draw)
vs
Sharuum (exactly what you'd groan about) and Oloro (super good stuff) (on the play)

The first 2 turns are rather uneventful, Mikaeus is apparently only drawing swamps with nothing small enough to cast early, Sharuum has a Basalt Monolith and Mox Opal, Wort has a Frogtosser Bannerett and Oloro an Island Sanctuary. Turn 3 gets interesting when Wort plays Goblin Tinkerer, Sharuum plays a Time Sieve and Mikaeus summons Geth, Lord of the Vault through Lake of the Dead. It is worth noting here that Oloro and Wort are novice players completely unfazed by the appearance of Geth. Sharuum appeared surprised yet unconcerned.

Turn 4 was the last 'draw-land-go' staredown before the action commenced.

On turn 5 Sharuum sacrified Basalt Monolith, Mox Opal, Brittle Effigy, Solemn Simulacrum and Time Sieve itself to take another turn. After some discussion it was decided that logically team Shruum / Oloro takes another turn, not simply Sharuum. On this turn 5.1 neither Sharuum nor Oloro drew anything to immediately deal with Geth, though Sharuum still thought there was no immediate danger, casting Scourglass.

That was thier final turn.

On team Mikaeus / Wort's 5th turn Mikaeus played a swamp, tapped it for 1, sacrificed it for 4 more to Lake of the Dead and proceeded to ravage Sharuum's graveyard. First Geth reconstructed the Basalt Monolith, then the Vault of Whispers the Monolith milled from Sharuum's library. Tap a swamp to take the Mox Opal, tap the Mox Opal and Basalt Monolith to take the Time Sieve, tap Vault of Whispers and expend the final 1 mana floating from Basalt Monolith to reconstruct Brittle Effigy.

Mikaeus now has 5 artifacts, 1 of which is Time Sieve and, with Geth, an 'unbounded loop'. Sharuum realises they are sunk and starts collecting his cards as Wort and Oloro start asking 'what happened, it's over already?'

A 'you did this to yourself' game for sure if there ever was one.

Cheers;
keywacat

[Edited 1 times, lastly by keywacat on January 15, 2014]

caquaa
posted January 16, 2014 01:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by keywacat:
On team Mikaeus / Wort's 5th turn Mikaeus played a swamp, tapped it for 1, sacrificed it for 4 more to Lake of the Dead and proceeded to ravage Sharuum's graveyard. First Geth reconstructed the Basalt Monolith, then the Vault of Whispers the Monolith milled from Sharuum's library. Tap a swamp to take the Mox Opal, tap the Mox Opal and Basalt Monolith to take the Time Sieve, tap Vault of Whispers and expend the final 1 mana floating from Basalt Monolith to reconstruct Brittle Effigy.

Mikaeus now has 5 artifacts, 1 of which is Time Sieve and, with Geth, an 'unbounded loop'. Sharuum realises they are sunk and starts collecting his cards as Wort and Oloro start asking 'what happened, it's over already?'

you forget the amulet of vigor? all those artifacts were coming into play tapped

Timmyhill
posted January 16, 2014 02:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I got an order from tcgplayer and I have a question for you guys, the shipping address is to someone in KY but the billing address is to a different person in FL.

Is there something fishy going on here and I should look into it more before shipping the cards or should I just ship them and not worry about it.

keywacat
posted January 16, 2014 03:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for keywacat Click Here to Email keywacat Send a private message to keywacat Click to send keywacat an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View keywacat's Have/Want ListView keywacat's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
you forget the amulet of vigor? all those artifacts were coming into play tapped

Oh yeah...

TimeBeing
posted January 16, 2014 11:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by keywacat:
After some discussion it was decided that logically team Shruum / Oloro takes another turn, not simply Sharuum.

Yes that is the correct ruling.

iccarus
posted January 16, 2014 11:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timmyhill:
I got an order from tcgplayer and I have a question for you guys, the shipping address is to someone in KY but the billing address is to a different person in FL.

Is there something fishy going on here and I should look into it more before shipping the cards or should I just ship them and not worry about it.

There are a few possibilities. One is that it's another seller who realized they didn't have the cards in stock after a sale, so they are using it to fulfill that. Another is that someone is using a stolen credit card.

Not sure how TCG.player works in terms of payments. Do they have a CS email you can contact to make sure you are covered?

KIP_NZ
posted January 16, 2014 05:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KIP_NZ Send a private message to KIP_NZ Click to send KIP_NZ an Instant MessageVisit KIP_NZ's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I had a friend ask to borrow some stuff for miracles.dec in legacy, holy heckballs that's an expensive deck. I wouldn't actually play it (it's way to fair for my liking) but man oh man that's a steep acquiring list for someone wanting to play it.

Pail42
posted January 18, 2014 03:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know if wizards is still selling commander 2013? My local Target is completely sold out and I'm curios if I should expect them to restock.

KOSportsAndCollectibles
posted January 18, 2014 05:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KOSportsAndCollectibles Click Here to Email KOSportsAndCollectibles Send a private message to KOSportsAndCollectibles Click to send KOSportsAndCollectibles an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
We sell pre-orders of BotG for $90 plus tax with the buy-a-box promo card (when released). Once released, we will sell BotG for $100 plus tax.

psrex
posted January 18, 2014 07:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for psrex Click Here to Email psrex Send a private message to psrex Click to send psrex an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
Does anybody know if wizards is still selling commander 2013? My local Target is completely sold out and I'm curios if I should expect them to restock.

If it is not out yet, another printing of the Commander decks is coming.

spike777
posted January 19, 2014 06:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for spike777 Click Here to Email spike777 Send a private message to spike777 Click to send spike777 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View spike777's Have/Want ListView spike777's Have/Want List
I really want a sweet marit lage token, but I hate foils and I think the SCG one looks kind of stupid. That got me thinking- can you commission full-art proxies for something like this? Like get someone to paint/draw a sweet leviathan-looking avatar labeled with 20/20, flying, indestructible? Does anyone know contact info for someone that does this?

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League