Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Updatable Magic Price guide in Excel

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Updatable Magic Price guide in Excel
Moonkeeper
posted January 08, 2013 08:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've been using the MOTL price guide for years as a lurker and hate when its down (apparently website keepers insist on having lives outside of their computers). Since its currently broke, I figured this may help some people out. I put this together yesterday and today. It's based in Excel and will keep track of price changes. It pulls the prices from the TCG website.

http://rapidshare.com/files/801734620/cards%20update%20template.xls

If anyone tries it and has issues or suggestions PM me. Thanks.

[Edited 4 times, lastly by Moonkeeper on February 01, 2013]

MAB_Rapper
posted January 08, 2013 09:26 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Moonkeeper:
It pulls the prices from the TCG website.

Which prices or all three (Low, Medium, High)? I can't access at work or I would pull it up. Either way, even the low is still a store price, which will be higher than e-bay, which is what 95% of MOTL bases pricing on.

hilikuS: Also, as much as MAB's list has become the list on the T/A Forum, I do miss Slinga's.

Moonkeeper
posted January 08, 2013 01:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The prices are based on 75% of the mid value. I found that after playing with the numbers that it was what most closely resembled the value of my collection under the MOTL price guide(I had a spreadsheet for the MOTL price guide that I used up until the guide broke a few weeks ago).

Also, I included instructions and easy way to change the 75% multiplier if you find another way of looking at the numbers more useful.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Moonkeeper on January 08, 2013]

CubFan81
posted January 09, 2013 08:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'd be interested in seeing what you've got but the website is asking me to sign up and even after that its asking you to share the file. Can you host it somewhere else?

Moonkeeper
posted January 09, 2013 10:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Changed the hosting site to Rapidshare. It should be accessible now. Sorry, I'm new to file hosting sites.

Moonkeeper
posted January 31, 2013 06:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This is updated with Gatecrash data now.

deegeebee
posted January 31, 2013 09:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for deegeebee Send a private message to deegeebee Click to send deegeebee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View deegeebee's Have/Want ListView deegeebee's Have/Want List
Thanks for posting this, would like to take a look but...

Download not available
Download permission denied by uploader. (0b67c2f5)

Moonkeeper
posted February 01, 2013 12:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Moonkeeper Click Here to Email Moonkeeper Send a private message to Moonkeeper Click to send Moonkeeper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It looks as though Rapidshare changed their default settings to private so I had to change my file back to public. This should be downloadable now.

kaiteng
posted June 05, 2013 10:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for kaiteng Click Here to Email kaiteng Send a private message to kaiteng Click to send kaiteng an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've used your database for a while and it is awesome! I looked for this kind of offline price list for a while now and this is one of the best!

chaos021
posted June 05, 2013 08:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
When I try to go to it, I get the following message: "File not found." I would really love to take a look at it.

yoriagami
posted June 06, 2013 03:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yoriagami Click Here to Email yoriagami Send a private message to yoriagami Click to send yoriagami an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Likewise, getting the File not Found message. Maybe just e-mail it to those of us who have expressed interest?

iuchiban
posted June 06, 2013 07:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iuchiban Click Here to Email iuchiban Send a private message to iuchiban Click to send iuchiban an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iuchiban's Have/Want ListView iuchiban's Have/Want List
Count me on the interested list too!

ryan2754
posted June 06, 2013 08:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
Samesies, pm me or email me.

(656 behind souladvocate)
2nd in Posts [8065] in OH-IO
(only 20 behind Val!)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

TheCottonRapster
posted June 09, 2013 03:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TheCottonRapster Send a private message to TheCottonRapster Click to send TheCottonRapster an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View TheCottonRapster's Have/Want ListView TheCottonRapster's Have/Want List
Please PM me for the list! THanks!

EDIT: I want the list, I don't have it. My bad.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by TheCottonRapster on June 10, 2013]

chaos021
posted June 11, 2013 11:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
Has anyone received the list yet?

iuchiban
posted June 23, 2013 03:48 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iuchiban Click Here to Email iuchiban Send a private message to iuchiban Click to send iuchiban an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iuchiban's Have/Want ListView iuchiban's Have/Want List
Does anyone have a copy of this they would be willing to share?

bertie312
Banned
posted June 27, 2013 01:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bertie312 Click Here to Email bertie312 Send a private message to bertie312 Click to send bertie312 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
It's a Pain we don't have acces to this...

Will make one based on MOTL price guide... Don't know if it's help but will help me...

MOTL price guide cause i do not find the way to get the TCG price list...

If someone got a link to TCG pricelist (alphabetical one)will try with this one too..

Bertrand

Edit : For the Moment, i've done this one...

Just Here... Waiting for feedback to improve the tool...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by bertie312 on June 27, 2013]

kaiteng
posted March 04, 2014 09:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for kaiteng Click Here to Email kaiteng Send a private message to kaiteng Click to send kaiteng an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Finally, here is my version, up-to-date with Born of the Gods and other sets.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League