Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Born of the gods

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Born of the gods
excallibar
posted March 02, 2014 08:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for excallibar Click Here to Email excallibar Send a private message to excallibar Click to send excallibar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View excallibar's Have/Want ListView excallibar's Have/Want List
Hello and welcome to my post! As you have been enticed by my amazing title, you are interested about this thread! Well, lets get down to business!

I am very disappointed with this set. I don't see very much of this set being too good, abd some of the rares are way better than the mythics. Don't get me wrong, there are a few gems, but as a set I'm very let down. Kiora I think will go up and the courser is awesome, also, who doesn't like to have the king of Oreos? (I know I do!). Then there's things like champion of stray souls who, in my opinion, won't see tourny play unless its drafted, even then, might go around the table. I feel we were kinda cheated by this set. I hope journey to nyx is going to be better!

/end of rant,
Your friendly neighborhood Excalibur!

JesusChristMD
posted March 02, 2014 10:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JesusChristMD Click Here to Email JesusChristMD Send a private message to JesusChristMD Click to send JesusChristMD an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Personally I love the set. The value isn't currently there but I find the cards varied and enjoyable.

yodadoc1234
posted March 02, 2014 12:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yodadoc1234 Send a private message to yodadoc1234 Click to send yodadoc1234 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View yodadoc1234's Have/Want ListView yodadoc1234's Have/Want List
The set is ok, not great, but not horribad like Dragon's maze. Def not much meat on the bone card wise for modern or legacy play but it should provide adequate enjoyment for standard or limited.

pugowar
posted March 02, 2014 01:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for pugowar Click Here to Email pugowar Send a private message to pugowar Click to send pugowar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I heard a rumor Starcity is considering buying up the entire print run of BotG in an effort to increase scarcity and increase value. May want to buy your boxes now while you still can.

stab107
posted March 02, 2014 03:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pugowar:
I heard a rumor Starcity is considering buying up the entire print run of BotG in an effort to increase scarcity and increase value. May want to buy your boxes now while you still can.

I have heard the same thing. You shod go make a thread about how evil these guys are!

sdarmst107
posted March 02, 2014 03:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for sdarmst107 Click Here to Email sdarmst107 Send a private message to sdarmst107 Click to send sdarmst107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View sdarmst107's Have/Want ListView sdarmst107's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by yodadoc1234:
The set is ok, not great, but not horribad like Dragon's maze. Def not much meat on the bone card wise for modern or legacy play but it should provide adequate enjoyment for standard or limited.

already wasted money on two of them, not too worried about it next two boxes i get will be Theros and either Core Set or RtR

excallibar
posted March 02, 2014 09:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for excallibar Click Here to Email excallibar Send a private message to excallibar Click to send excallibar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View excallibar's Have/Want ListView excallibar's Have/Want List
If that's the case, I should not have cracked by box!

Your friendly neighborhood Excalibur!

hilikuS
posted March 04, 2014 06:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

LOLOL. Made my day (2 days late but still).

mm1983
posted March 05, 2014 08:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
quote:

They should really call themselves Scarcity games, not Starcity games because their cards always seem to become scarce when something becomes high in value.

paragondave
posted March 05, 2014 10:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
quote:

have you no shame sir?

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League