Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Fake online store - http://www.starcityshop.com/

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Fake online store - http://www.starcityshop.com/
Radivel
posted January 29, 2014 10:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Radivel Click Here to Email Radivel Send a private message to Radivel Click to send Radivel an Instant MessageVisit Radivel's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Just an FYI, this is a scammer fake online store; attempting to buy something will lead to loss of money and disappointment.

hilikuS
posted January 30, 2014 08:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
They are already "down for maintenance".

Purehate28
posted February 01, 2014 10:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Purehate28 Click Here to Email Purehate28 Send a private message to Purehate28 Click to send Purehate28 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Source?

I over-heard a lot of players talking about this site last night at FNM.

It's an actual store based out of San Diego, Ca... I'm located just north of there. Seems to have pleased a lot of players from where I'm at.

Again, this is just what I'm hearing. I've never made transactions with this place. Pretty crappy if you're right :\

Timmyhill
posted February 01, 2014 01:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I checked out the site before it went down for maintenance and the prices were silly, I can't remember the exact prices but I believe they were selling FOW's for less then $30, every thing they had listed would have been a snap buy at the prices listed...

So either the cards were beat, fake or as the OP said the site was a scam.

gaeacradle
posted February 01, 2014 07:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for gaeacradle Click Here to Email gaeacradle Send a private message to gaeacradle Click to send gaeacradle an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View gaeacradle's Have/Want ListView gaeacradle's Have/Want List
Here is the disclaimer buried in the "About Us" section:

"We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the listing or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the listing for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any misuse or misrepresentations of our products conducted by buyers."

There was also a phrase saying that they are not affiliated with WOTC in anyway, or something like that.

Purehate28
posted February 02, 2014 04:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Purehate28 Click Here to Email Purehate28 Send a private message to Purehate28 Click to send Purehate28 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gaeacradle:
Here is the disclaimer buried in the "About Us" section:

"We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the listing or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the listing for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any misuse or misrepresentations of our products conducted by buyers."

There was also a phrase saying that they are not affiliated with WOTC in anyway, or something like that.

Guess I'm never makin purchases from this site.

nailbunny7
posted February 02, 2014 05:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for nailbunny7 Click Here to Email nailbunny7 Send a private message to nailbunny7 Click to send nailbunny7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I had heard they were selling fakes from a few people in my area.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League