Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Does anyone have a type 4 stack?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Does anyone have a type 4 stack?
ravidell
posted March 09, 2014 06:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ravidell Click Here to Email ravidell Send a private message to ravidell Click to send ravidell an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ravidell's Have/Want ListView ravidell's Have/Want List
I am looking to build a type 4 stack. All the info I can find is outdated by a year or more. I am looking to PM or email back and forth with someone who has a type 4 stack and list, that can help me out. I have only played a few times and that was with guys I have never met (like at GP's) and their builds seemed week. But then again who would have a crazy stack and play with anyone at a GP?
thanks,
ravidell

oneofchaos
posted March 09, 2014 06:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have one that hasn't been updated since 2008. If you have interest, I can send you my stack or just post it here if this has interest.

Some cards might be missing (I know I took emrakul out to use in legacy etc).

I think the cube killed a lot of type 4 stacks sadly.

iccarus
posted March 09, 2014 06:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Cube and EDH (to some extent). One of the fun things about T4 was being able to play with those overcosted cards that never worked anywhere else. I seem to recall several popular EDH cards showing up in stacks around here.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

caquaa
posted March 09, 2014 06:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
Thats the interesting thing about T4, you don't need a perfect list. Just throw something together. If you're missing some cards, you really don't notice a difference like you would in EDH or cube.

I'm curious as to variations on rules. I play w/ shared deck/graveyard and just don't include tutor/mill cards play w/ 7 card starting hands, and arcane lab effect in place.

I've heard of others playing w/ splitting the stack into 60 card decks, 3 card starting hands, X spells but w/ a limitation of x=5, and loose arcane lab rules where things like madness aren't actually casting spells just to make the cards more interesting.

I wanted to keep things as simple as possible, so I forego the X spells and keep things strictly to the arcane lab rules.

What rules do you guys use? I might be rebuilding one soon as some friends were asking about it.

choco man
posted March 09, 2014 07:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
Thats the interesting thing about T4, you don't need a perfect list. Just throw something together. If you're missing some cards, you really don't notice a difference like you would in EDH or cube.

I'm curious as to variations on rules. I play w/ shared deck/graveyard and just don't include tutor/mill cards play w/ 7 card starting hands, and arcane lab effect in place.

I've heard of others playing w/ splitting the stack into 60 card decks, 3 card starting hands, X spells but w/ a limitation of x=5, and loose arcane lab rules where things like madness aren't actually casting spells just to make the cards more interesting.

I wanted to keep things as simple as possible, so I forego the X spells and keep things strictly to the arcane lab rules.

What rules do you guys use? I might be rebuilding one soon as some friends were asking about it.

I try to keep it simple also, none of that alternate casting cost stuff and no custom cards. 4 cards to start and 5 hand max at the end of each turn.

You dont need a perfect stack but an adequate proportion of threats and answers is needed to provide a good experience. There also needs to be a balance in the power level of threats available.

I have a stack that's current. Pm or email me if youre interested. I have it organized by color and by card roles (eg removal, counters, fatties, etc.).

bigballashotcaller
posted March 10, 2014 05:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for bigballashotcaller Click Here to Email bigballashotcaller Send a private message to bigballashotcaller Click to send bigballashotcaller an Instant MessageVisit bigballashotcaller's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I have a very good list available on EC here:
http://www.eternalcentral.com/type-4-introduction-and-eternal-central-stack-update-february-2013/

I haven't updated it the last few sets, but an update should be coming maybe later this month when I carve some time out. That list above is a great starting point though. It's very interactive, with lots of removal and none of the stupid stuff like Door to Nothingness, and is good for anywhere from 2-10 players. Check it out and get started!

MTGEngineer
posted March 10, 2014 06:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTGEngineer Send a private message to MTGEngineer Click to send MTGEngineer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
My stack is played with shared deck, shared graveyard, opening hand of 7, one spell per turn, and spells played for alternate casting costs don't count towards your spell limit. I think that this is up to date: http://store.tcgplayer.com/collection/view/38212

Ignore the squires (tcgplayer is weird, and I'm too lazy to remove them from this list), although there is a foil one in the stack. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League