Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Free magic online?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Free magic online?
inferno41
posted May 14, 2015 06:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for inferno41 Click Here to Email inferno41 Send a private message to inferno41 Click to send inferno41 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View inferno41's Have/Want ListView inferno41's Have/Want List
Hey guys, I'm wondering if there are any truly free ways to play MTG online. I used to use MTG workstation (I think that's what it's called) but that has since been shut down. I just want a play to playtest without spending real money on digital cards. Thanks!

chaos021
posted May 14, 2015 06:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
Cockatrice still works. It requires some setup.

My Sale Thread

Pail42
posted May 14, 2015 07:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I heard of a web based one called untap, but I haven't tried it yet.

Rabid Wo1f
posted May 14, 2015 07:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:
Cockatrice still works. It requires some setup.

+1. There is a little bit of a learning curve. After that, you can play any format, any time of day for free.

LandDestroyer
posted May 14, 2015 08:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Xmage

caquaa
posted May 14, 2015 11:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by LandDestroyer:
Xmage

this for sure. If you play mtgo it'll take only a game or two to get used to the differences. Some things are mildly annoying like how scry works vs mtgo or how delve works... but overall can't beat the price.

inferno41
posted May 15, 2015 08:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for inferno41 Click Here to Email inferno41 Send a private message to inferno41 Click to send inferno41 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View inferno41's Have/Want ListView inferno41's Have/Want List
Thanks guys! I had thought cockatrice was also gone. I'll give them both a try.

Rabid Wo1f
posted May 15, 2015 09:04 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Rabid Wo1f Send a private message to Rabid Wo1f Click to send Rabid Wo1f an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want ListView Rabid Wo1f's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by inferno41:
Thanks guys! I had thought cockatrice was also gone. I'll give them both a try.

It was with the lawsuit and what not. They fixed the issues, and the site is back up and running.

joyfulbozo
posted May 20, 2015 06:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for joyfulbozo Click Here to Email joyfulbozo Send a private message to joyfulbozo Click to send joyfulbozo an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I never see this mentioned anywhere but MAGE is an automated client, similar to MTGO. It is fairly ugly but it works and you don't have to rely on people not cheating or knowing the rules.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League