Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  well played and beat up cards

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   well played and beat up cards
Guitarnewf
posted January 25, 2014 08:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Guitarnewf Click Here to Email Guitarnewf Send a private message to Guitarnewf Click to send Guitarnewf an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Guitarnewf's Have/Want ListView Guitarnewf's Have/Want List
Hey guys, I imagine this was asked before, but I couldn't find anything after much searching. I am looking to buy beat up or well played cards for a couple of decks for casual play with my friends. I don't play in any tournaments or serious play, we just do it for a hobby. I collect as well, but want to leave cards in the collection unused, for trading and whatnot.

I was wondering if there are any sites or stores that sell cards in such a condition.

pgrieco
posted January 25, 2014 11:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for pgrieco Click Here to Email pgrieco Send a private message to pgrieco Click to send pgrieco an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View pgrieco's Have/Want ListView pgrieco's Have/Want List
Generally you'll probably only find stores selling well played cards if they're cards that have some value to them. Your best bet for picking up bulk played cards would probably be to post that you are willing to pay X amount for played rares, or X amount for played commons/uncommons. If you're looking for specific cards, your best bet would probably be tcgplayer.com, and you can probably find played versions of just about everything there if it's actually worth going for a played version of the card to save money.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by pgrieco on January 25, 2014]

thror
posted January 25, 2014 11:44 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
in all honesty, if these are just for casual, and you want to save some money, just make proxies.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

kendawg13
posted January 25, 2014 12:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for kendawg13 Click Here to Email kendawg13 Send a private message to kendawg13 Click to send kendawg13 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View kendawg13's Have/Want ListView kendawg13's Have/Want List
You can go to TCG Player and set the optimize cart to only look for cards in Heavily Played and Moderately Played conditions. I would say use proxies also but I understand that sometimes you just want the card but also want some walking around money.

Guitarnewf
posted January 25, 2014 01:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Guitarnewf Click Here to Email Guitarnewf Send a private message to Guitarnewf Click to send Guitarnewf an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Guitarnewf's Have/Want ListView Guitarnewf's Have/Want List
Thanks for the responses guys. I have proxies made of the zombie deck I am currently trying to get. The cards quickly add up in price, so I wanted to make sure the deck was fun playing before trying to make it. To me, it's just not the same playing with proxies, I want the actual cards. I want to go this route for the decks I am playing so I can use the extra money to buy cards for collecting.

I will check out tcgplayer. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League