Magic Discussion
  $450 cases of RTR (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   $450 cases of RTR
baldr7
posted September 18, 2013 09:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for baldr7 Click Here to Email baldr7 Send a private message to baldr7 Click to send baldr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I recall seeing a link to a slightly sketchy store selling cases of RTR at $450 per. It had a cash for gold sign in the window. Unfortunately I've lost the link. Does anyone recall the name of that store?

stab107
posted September 18, 2013 11:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stab107's Have/Want ListView stab107's Have/Want List
http://www.cardscomicscoins.com/cat171_1.htm

I think this is what you are looking for. The deal is still on , apparently.

oneofchaos
posted September 18, 2013 04:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The ratings for that store are terrible...

malzra
posted September 18, 2013 04:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for malzra Click Here to Email malzra Send a private message to malzra Click to send malzra an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Shipping is also $55

JayC
posted September 18, 2013 06:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
LOL Cash for Gold or MTG cases. Bad idea bud.

Edit: My LGS isn't budging from $90 a box now!!!

[Edited 2 times, lastly by JayC on September 18, 2013]

oneofchaos
posted September 18, 2013 07:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Also apparently you can troll and enter fractional quantities in for a booster box.

baldr7
posted September 18, 2013 11:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for baldr7 Click Here to Email baldr7 Send a private message to baldr7 Click to send baldr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malzra:
Shipping is also $55

Less than an hour from my apartment. I might just go pick some up!

chaos021
posted September 19, 2013 11:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by oneofchaos:
The ratings for that store are terrible...

They may be terrible, but they deliver. I can attest to that personally.

baldr7
posted September 19, 2013 02:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for baldr7 Click Here to Email baldr7 Send a private message to baldr7 Click to send baldr7 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chaos021:
They may be terrible, but they deliver. I can attest to that personally.

How are they terrible then?

headumpire
posted September 19, 2013 02:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for headumpire Click Here to Email headumpire Send a private message to headumpire Click to send headumpire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
That store is legit. Used to buy from them alot(in person not online). However, last i heard(2 months ago) they only had 2 cases of RTR left. And they rarely order any after their initial shipment.

Rumor is that the owner of that store HATES the local game store owner so much that he sells all MTG at near costs. And has been heard saying "i make all my money off gold, i just wanna put that ***hole out of business"

chaos021
posted September 19, 2013 05:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by baldr7:
How are they terrible then?

They may terrible for other people is what I meant. I just know for me, they delivered.

quote:
Originally posted by headumpire:
That store is legit. Used to buy from them alot(in person not online). However, last i heard(2 months ago) they only had 2 cases of RTR left. And they rarely order any after their initial shipment.

Rumor is that the owner of that store HATES the local game store owner so much that he sells all MTG at near costs. And has been heard saying "i make all my money off gold, i just wanna put that ***hole out of business"

Just as long as he doesn't put him out of business too quickly. I like my deals.

Pail42
posted September 19, 2013 06:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by headumpire:

Are they in the same strip-mall or something? Odd for somebody to hate something that much.

oneofchaos
posted September 19, 2013 09:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
Are they in the same strip-mall or something? Odd for somebody to hate something that much.

Somebody's wife likes gamers...

LandDestroyer
posted September 30, 2013 05:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Anyone ever buy from here since the post?

chaos021
posted September 30, 2013 08:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
I have. Why?

LandDestroyer
posted September 30, 2013 09:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Just curious. Looks like you live in Illinois as well. Did you have boxes shipped or did you pick up? I'll be up in Chi 10/12 and thinking about stopping by.

chaos021
posted September 30, 2013 09:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chaos021 Click Here to Email chaos021 Send a private message to chaos021 Click to send chaos021 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chaos021's Have/Want ListView chaos021's Have/Want List
Umm. I do not live in Illinois. I live in Alabama, and I had them shipped to me.

LandDestroyer
posted September 30, 2013 09:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Oh I thought you went to Bradley which I thought was in Peoria

coasterdude84
posted October 01, 2013 09:49 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coasterdude84 Click Here to Email coasterdude84 Send a private message to coasterdude84 Click to send coasterdude84 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
You're thinking of oneofchaos. He went to Bradley.

LandDestroyer
posted October 01, 2013 10:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Stupid similar names

LandDestroyer
posted October 01, 2013 02:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
I just called the guy to get some questions answered and he was really short with me. Seemed really annoyed at someone calling and trying to get details (questions about tax, how much he has in stock) :-\ I decided not to order anything b/c of that, but in a couple weeks when I head up to Chicago I may stop by and see how it is in person.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on October 01, 2013]

JayC
posted October 01, 2013 03:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I just called, pretty nice actually. They don't have any RTR cases in stock that I see, but they do have boxes. I ordered 6 (case worth). I'll let you know how it goes :X

No tax. Under $60 for shipping. $537 for 6 boxes, or, about $89.99 per box when it's all said and done, completely.

EDIT: shopping cart crashed out before it finalized. Now I have to call... this should be interesting :X

[Edited 2 times, lastly by JayC on October 01, 2013]

LandDestroyer
posted October 01, 2013 03:11 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
Haha, GL. Thanks for the update. The place adds about 25 miles to my drive later this month, not too bad. I wonder if they charge tax if you buy in person.

Edit: I'm working to get 2 boxes of the cheaper sets (on ebay got 2 boxes of fallen empires for $80 each, 2 boxes of m13 for $70 each, 2 boxes of dragon's maze for $82.50 each). I figure getting Return to Ravnica for anything under $86 and Gatecrash for anything under $80 (total cost) is a great deal and would like to get 2-3 boxes of each at those prices, would be the same for M14 and/or Theros if that was available.

[Edited 4 times, lastly by LandDestroyer on October 01, 2013]

JayC
posted October 01, 2013 03:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I cracked 2 boxes @ $70 for Dragonz Maze, it was so bad I can't even tell you. Literally nothing save for 1 Baron. Nothing. It was hard to breath.

JayC
posted October 01, 2013 03:18 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
And yes, of course they charge you tax in person unless you discuss it... alternatively, I imagine.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League