Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Trading IRL cards for MTGO tix

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Trading IRL cards for MTGO tix
steve york
posted August 28, 2013 04:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for steve york Click Here to Email steve york Send a private message to steve york Click to send steve york an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, I have a ton of older cards that I'd love to transfer to MTGO tix. I know CapeFearGames.com has a program that lets you trade your real cards for MTGObot store credit, but I'm not interested in getting half price for my Wastelands, Scalding Tarns, etc...
Does this kind of trading happen on MOTL or is it pretty much cardboard for cardboard?

jbark
posted August 28, 2013 04:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
A few do it but why don't you just sell the cards and then buy tix?

moxdiamd
posted August 29, 2013 05:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for moxdiamd Click Here to Email moxdiamd Send a private message to moxdiamd Click to send moxdiamd an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
^^^This

Soldier Boi
posted September 03, 2013 09:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Soldier Boi Click Here to Email Soldier Boi Send a private message to Soldier Boi Click to send Soldier Boi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Soldier Boi's Have/Want ListView Soldier Boi's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by jbark:
A few do it but why don't you just sell the cards and then buy tix?

I concur.

walkerdog
posted September 03, 2013 11:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
You can also try to skip a step and put cards up for sale with a conversion rate for tix (say you value them at .98, for example) or just a list of MTGO cards you're interested in. I was able to work a swap where I took a stack of MTGO cards + some tix and sent them in exchange for some paper cards, which cut out paypal fees and losing $$ on converting MTGO cards to tix for me, while getting the cards into the other party's hands quickly.

KIP_NZ
posted September 03, 2013 05:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KIP_NZ Click Here to Email KIP_NZ Send a private message to KIP_NZ Click to send KIP_NZ an Instant MessageVisit KIP_NZ's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've bought plenty of cards and paid in MTGO tix. If you have decent stuff you'll not have any problems with this.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League