Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Altered Bob to look like Morgan Freeman

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Altered Bob to look like Morgan Freeman
Deathbydrawing
posted August 18, 2013 08:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbydrawing Click Here to Email Deathbydrawing Send a private message to Deathbydrawing Click to send Deathbydrawing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Deathbydrawing's Have/Want ListView Deathbydrawing's Have/Want List
I'm altering a Ravnica Dark Confidant to look like Morgan Freeman but before I do, would this card still be tournament legal?

paragondave
posted August 18, 2013 09:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
Not in my house....
Dikembi Mutumbo

caquaa
posted August 18, 2013 10:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Tournament Rules:
Artistic modifications are acceptable in sanctioned tournaments, provided that the modifications do not make the card art unrecognizable, contain substantial strategic advice, or contain offensive images. Artistic modifications also may not obstruct or change the mana cost or name of the card.
The Head Judge is the final authority on acceptable cards for a tournament.

likely not

Deathbydrawing
posted August 19, 2013 04:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Deathbydrawing Click Here to Email Deathbydrawing Send a private message to Deathbydrawing Click to send Deathbydrawing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Deathbydrawing's Have/Want ListView Deathbydrawing's Have/Want List
The only thing that's changing are the face and hands, not the weird creature in the background, the clothing, the text or the title.

AGO
posted August 19, 2013 04:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Head Judge is final authority. I have seen some let foil proxies pass and others say no to simple alters.

Dr_Tongue
posted August 19, 2013 03:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dr_Tongue Click Here to Email Dr_Tongue Send a private message to Dr_Tongue Click to send Dr_Tongue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Dr_Tongue's Have/Want ListView Dr_Tongue's Have/Want List
Concur with AGO above. My Beatles rits have never been a problem but we are a bit laid back at the locations I played them in. (non sanctioned Vintage as well)

For reference:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/Dr_Tongue_photos/DSC01035.jpg

I didn't know that there was an offensive part to the rule as well but I guess it makes sense. I'm just glad my Wee Dragonauts altered with Peter Pan saying "I'm Rick James, B1tch!" never offended anyone I played against.

JayC
posted August 21, 2013 12:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr_Tongue:
Concur with AGO above. My Beatles rits have never been a problem but we are a bit laid back at the locations I played them in. (non sanctioned Vintage as well)

For reference:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/Dr_Tongue_photos/DSC01035.jpg

I didn't know that there was an offensive part to the rule as well but I guess it makes sense. I'm just glad my Wee Dragonauts altered with Peter Pan saying "I'm Rick James, B1tch!" never offended anyone I played against.

Dr. Tongue, is that you across from Web?

http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Dr_Tongue_photos/media/DSC01021.jpg.html

You judged (or judge) at Eudo for YEARS.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by JayC on August 21, 2013]

JoshSherman
posted August 21, 2013 12:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Have/Want ListView JoshSherman's Have/Want List
Dr_Tongue, you shouldn't evade the auto censor like that.. Although I thought bitch was not censored... Guess I'll find out when I post this. Anyway, you should have made a Tibor and Lumia like that, and have Tibor say "I'm Rick James, bitch. Show Charlie Murphy yo titties!"

[Edited 1 times, lastly by JoshSherman on August 21, 2013]

Dr_Tongue
posted August 21, 2013 10:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dr_Tongue Click Here to Email Dr_Tongue Send a private message to Dr_Tongue Click to send Dr_Tongue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Dr_Tongue's Have/Want ListView Dr_Tongue's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by JayC:
Dr. Tongue, is that you across from Web?

http://s218.photobucket.com/user/Dr_Tongue_photos/media/DSC01021.jpg.html

You judged (or judge) at Eudo for YEARS.

That's Ryan Reynolds who was a head judge at Eudemonia for years. He came down for that Sactown tourney with Luis Scott-Vargas, David Ochoa aka Webster (pictured with Ryan in your photo post), and Galen aka Aardshark I believe.

Here's me(green hat and Kona Gold Heine rip off shirt) playing against Soulfeasted:
http://s125.photobucket.com/user/TeamVacaville/media/Adventures%2 0Beta%20Ruby%20sept%202007/PICT0028.jpg.html

Here's me against LSV with the said Wee Dragonaut on the battlefield:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p74/TeamVacaville/Adventures%20Beta %20Ruby%20sept%202007/PICT0030.jpg

I did take that picture of Ryan R and a few others that day as Lotushead aka Jeff had a broken camera for awhile so I attempted to get a few to help in the Mana Drain tourney report etc. think perhaps I msg'd you about the tourneys as the higher the turnout the funner.

Hope that cleared it up

Edit: I guess my face isnt in those 2 but in my subalbum "Family" I have a couple where you can actually see me:
http://s218.photobucket.co m/user/Dr_Tongue_photos/library/#/user/Dr_Tongue_photos/library/Family?sort=3&page=1&_suid=1377152722575000497194915413629

quote:
Originally posted by JoshSherman:
Dr_Tongue, you shouldn't evade the auto censor like that.. Although I thought bitch was not censored... Guess I'll find out when I post this. Anyway, you should have made a Tibor and Lumia like that, and have Tibor say "I'm Rick James, bitch. Show Charlie Murphy yo titties!"

quote:
Originally posted by JoshSherman:
"All you mother****ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax ****s who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our ****, then **** out our ****, and then eat their **** that's made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mother****s are next. Love- Jay and Silent Bob."

You post that and berate me, lolz fella

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Dr_Tongue on August 21, 2013]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League