Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Browser Card Search and Price Update

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Browser Card Search and Price Update
ardeay
posted July 26, 2013 12:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ardeay Send a private message to ardeay Click to send ardeay an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ardeay's Have/Want ListView ardeay's Have/Want List
hi all, i just updated:

http://www.echomage.com/

any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by ardeay on July 26, 2013]

Vegas10
posted July 26, 2013 05:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
whe are u getting those prices from?

ardeay
posted July 26, 2013 07:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ardeay Send a private message to ardeay Click to send ardeay an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ardeay's Have/Want ListView ardeay's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Vegas10:
whe are u getting those prices from?

They are tcg mid. Should I show low on the market summary?

dfitzg88
posted July 27, 2013 08:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for dfitzg88 Click Here to Email dfitzg88 Send a private message to dfitzg88 Click to send dfitzg88 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
im seeing lows. you should use mid or have a toggle. low can cause problems when sellers list HP/Damaged cards

ardeay
posted July 28, 2013 01:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ardeay Send a private message to ardeay Click to send ardeay an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ardeay's Have/Want ListView ardeay's Have/Want List
Thanks for feedback!

I'll look into a toggle.

I just updated the front market overview to read a 7 day percentage change. As time goes on it will form more. It's pretty fun to watch update live.

I need to decide whether to store mid or low for price history. One vote for mid so far

rats60
posted July 28, 2013 09:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for rats60 Click Here to Email rats60 Send a private message to rats60 Click to send rats60 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View rats60's Have/Want ListView rats60's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by dfitzg88:
im seeing lows. you should use mid or have a toggle. low can cause problems when sellers list HP/Damaged cards

Low only uses SP or NM. TCG Player Mid is the worst metric that you can use to price cards. 90%+ of the values they use are cards priced so high that no one will ever buy them. When they value cards higher than SCG, you know something is wrong with their pricing. If TCG Player wanted to have a real price guide, they would base it on cards that actually sell on their website and not use fantasy prices of dealers.

If you could, you should list multiple prices, Apathyhouse, SCG, TCG Low even MKM. The more data you can provide, the better your site will be. Why should someone use your site, when they can just as easily go to the site of their choice? If you provide more information, they will have a reason to go to you first.

ardeay
posted July 28, 2013 09:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ardeay Send a private message to ardeay Click to send ardeay an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ardeay's Have/Want ListView ardeay's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by rats60:
Low only uses SP or NM. TCG Player Mid is the worst metric that you can use to price cards. 90%+ of the values they use are cards priced so high that no one will ever buy them. When they value cards higher than SCG, you know something is wrong with their pricing. If TCG Player wanted to have a real price guide, they would base it on cards that actually sell on their website and not use fantasy prices of dealers.

If you could, you should list multiple prices, Apathyhouse, SCG, TCG Low even MKM. The more data you can provide, the better your site will be. Why should someone use your site, when they can just as easily go to the site of their choice? If you provide more information, they will have a reason to go to you first.

Thanks for the feedback rats!

I can use multiple price sources, but I need an API or a consistent way to scrap prices. I found motl's price list to be inconsistent with updates, so I turned it off. I can attempt to re-run it.

Do you know of other consistent sources?

I could use anything. SCG started encrypting their pricing when they caught us scrapers I cracked that, then they made it tougher. I don't have the time to keep up with it.

Side note.
I just added foil prices, they will start aggregating tomorrow.
Price history is now intact. In the next weeks history graphs for foil and low prices will show. I might be able to compare them to events if there is an RSS feed for it.

I'm making mobile responsive next.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League