Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  4 rules questions

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   4 rules questions
PoWeRofWiLL
posted July 25, 2013 06:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for PoWeRofWiLL Click Here to Email PoWeRofWiLL Send a private message to PoWeRofWiLL Click to send PoWeRofWiLL an Instant MessageVisit PoWeRofWiLL's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View PoWeRofWiLL's Have/Want ListView PoWeRofWiLL's Have/Want List
so me and my friends have been playing a long time and the rules have changed a few times so I just wanna make sure I clear a couple of rules questions up

First, say my buddy says go, can he immediately on my turn cast an instant spell? or does he have to have something on my turn to respond too?

Second, If I tap a creature to use an activated ability, and a friend destroys the creature, does the ability on the stack disappear or not resolve because the creature was killed or does it still work?

Third, If I cat a spell and a player plays W "Silence" "Target player cannot play spells this turn", does that counter my already played spell?

And lastly, Can you tap a creature that was just played this turn as a cost for another card like "Tradewind Rider"?

thror
posted July 25, 2013 06:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
one link to the rules thread:

http://classic.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/025903.html

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

TimeBeing
posted July 25, 2013 06:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for TimeBeing Click Here to Email TimeBeing Send a private message to TimeBeing Click to send TimeBeing an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoWeRofWiLL:
so me and my friends have been playing a long time and the rules have changed a few times so I just wanna make sure I clear a couple of rules questions up

First, say my buddy says go, can he immediately on my turn cast an instant spell? or does he have to have something on my turn to respond too?

Second, If I tap a creature to use an activated ability, and a friend destroys the creature, does the ability on the stack disappear or not resolve because the creature was killed or does it still work?

Third, If I cat a spell and a player plays W "Silence" "Target player cannot play spells this turn", does that counter my already played spell?

And lastly, Can you tap a creature that was just played this turn as a cost for another card like "Tradewind Rider"?

1. HE can after you untap during your upkeep, assuming there is nothing you want to do during your upkeep.

2. the ability resolves. destroying the source of an effect doesn't stop the effect.

3. no Silance will not stop a spell on the stack. Its already been cast.

4. Yes you can.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League