Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  PTQ seasons

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   PTQ seasons
coinmagic45
posted July 21, 2013 10:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coinmagic45 Click Here to Email coinmagic45 Send a private message to coinmagic45 Click to send coinmagic45 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coinmagic45's Trade Auction or SaleView coinmagic45's Trade Auction or Sale
What is the PTQ schedule throughout the year? Specifically, when is Modern season? I have some Modern cards I want to sell but want to wait until the right time. Does the schedule change every year, or is Modern season at the same time each year?

Thanks!
Mark

MAB_Rapper
posted July 21, 2013 06:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
It's the same time every year normally, but with 4 PTQ seasons now, I'm not sure which season it would be now. Normally, it happens during the winter.

hilikuS: Also, as much as MAB's list has become the list on the T/A Forum, I do miss Slinga's.

choco man
posted July 21, 2013 06:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by MAB_Rapper:
It's the same time every year normally, but with 4 PTQ seasons now, I'm not sure which season it would be now. Normally, it happens during the winter.

What are the formats going to be for each season?

standard, modern, sealed

Are they bringing back block or doubling up?

Zakman86
posted July 21, 2013 11:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zakman86 Click Here to Email Zakman86 Send a private message to Zakman86 Click to send Zakman86 an Instant MessageVisit Zakman86's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by choco man:
What are the formats going to be for each season?

standard, modern, sealed

Are they bringing back block or doubling up?

I think they're doubling up Sealed, if I remember correctly.

coinmagic45
posted July 24, 2013 11:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coinmagic45 Click Here to Email coinmagic45 Send a private message to coinmagic45 Click to send coinmagic45 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coinmagic45's Trade Auction or SaleView coinmagic45's Trade Auction or Sale
So does anyone know exactly when the seasons are? I heard there are some MTGO Modern PTQs going on right now. Am I missing the window to sell my cards?

Kwas
posted July 24, 2013 01:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by coinmagic45:
So does anyone know exactly when the seasons are? I heard there are some MTGO Modern PTQs going on right now. Am I missing the window to sell my cards?

No, it's still sealed PTQ in paper. You'll notice when it's modern season, trust me...

jbark
posted July 24, 2013 05:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
Look at gge way fetches, living end and others have climbed. And then notice snapcaster and geist stay up. Shocks are hot as well as shamans. This is all due to the coming modern season. Like stated wait until it hits. Scalding Tarn $60? I think its possible.

coinmagic45
posted July 25, 2013 12:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for coinmagic45 Click Here to Email coinmagic45 Send a private message to coinmagic45 Click to send coinmagic45 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coinmagic45's Trade Auction or SaleView coinmagic45's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by jbark:
Look at gge way fetches, living end and others have climbed. And then notice snapcaster and geist stay up. Shocks are hot as well as shamans. This is all due to the coming modern season. Like stated wait until it hits. Scalding Tarn $60? I think its possible.

I agree with you completely. I just want to know *when* that is going to be!

I found this link that shows some PTQ schedules for the rest of 2013. It looks like:

Standard: now to 8/10
Sealed: 8/11 - 12/1

But it does not show anything past 12/1...

-Mark

Zeckk
posted July 25, 2013 03:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
I agree with you completely. I just want to know *when* that is going to be!

I found this link that shows some PTQ schedules for the rest of 2013. It looks like:

Standard: now to 8/10
Sealed: 8/11 - 12/1

But it does not show anything past 12/1...

-Mark

End of one season mark another. Unless they change the order from last year, modern PTQ season will begin with the new year. Otherwise it will be another sealed PTQ for 3 months, at which point modern will start in april and go on through june.

It's entirely possible that WotC wants to alter the schedule so that modern season coincides with the core set release, simply because I think they would rather want the sealed PTQ seasons to fall under expansion releases.

choco man
posted August 02, 2013 10:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
Any....any chance, they bring back Team Unified Standard for a PTQ season?

Standard already is the biggest constructed format and it would give purpose to the tier 2 and tier 2.5 cards in power level that people want to play but can't since they're not in netdecks.

It's going to be harder on judges and game space.

thror
posted August 02, 2013 11:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by choco man:
Any....any chance, they bring back Team Unified Standard for a PTQ season?

Standard already is the biggest constructed format and it would give purpose to the tier 2 and tier 2.5 cards in power level that people want to play but can't since they're not in netdecks.

It's going to be harder on judges and game space.

no.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

choco man
posted August 02, 2013 11:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
What was the first team unified standard season like?

Other than "just not going to do it," how come wotc wouldn't do team unified season?

KIP_NZ
posted August 03, 2013 12:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for KIP_NZ Click Here to Email KIP_NZ Send a private message to KIP_NZ Click to send KIP_NZ an Instant MessageVisit KIP_NZ's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
End of one season mark another. Unless they change the order from last year, modern PTQ season will begin with the new year. Otherwise it will be another sealed PTQ for 3 months, at which point modern will start in april and go on through june.

It's entirely possible that WotC wants to alter the schedule so that modern season coincides with the core set release, simply because I think they would rather want the sealed PTQ seasons to fall under expansion releases.

It all changes next year
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Feventcoverage%2Fwmc13%2FLookingatPTQSchedule

jbark
posted August 03, 2013 04:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for jbark Click Here to Email jbark Send a private message to jbark Click to send jbark an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View jbark's Have/Want ListView jbark's Have/Want List
So now we have a definitive answer. Modern season is in June.

coinmagic45
posted August 03, 2013 05:19 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for coinmagic45 Click Here to Email coinmagic45 Send a private message to coinmagic45 Click to send coinmagic45 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View coinmagic45's Trade Auction or SaleView coinmagic45's Trade Auction or Sale
So if the next Modern season is nearly a year away, does that mean all Modern prices will drop for 6 months or so and start to pick up in late spring?

Vegas10
posted August 03, 2013 05:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Vegas10 Click Here to Email Vegas10 Send a private message to Vegas10 Click to send Vegas10 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Vegas10's Have/Want ListView Vegas10's Have/Want List
When do they release the Grand Prix Schedule for next year?

stu55
posted August 03, 2013 11:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stu55's Have/Want ListView stu55's Have/Want List
quote:
So if the next Modern season is nearly a year away, does that mean all Modern prices will drop for 6 months or so and start to pick up in late spring?

No, they will all continue to rise slowly and then spike

Zeckk
posted August 03, 2013 07:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by KIP_NZ:
It all changes next year
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdail y%2Feventcoverage%2Fwmc13%2FLookingatPTQSchedule

Looks like I was right about them wanting to move Modern PTQ season to core set release. Better Sealed attendence along with the ability to push special summer products in conjunction with Modern demand.

KIP_NZ
posted August 04, 2013 03:10 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for KIP_NZ Click Here to Email KIP_NZ Send a private message to KIP_NZ Click to send KIP_NZ an Instant MessageVisit KIP_NZ's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stu55:
No, they will all continue to rise slowly and then spike

Translation is "You have 6 months to get your fetches & they'll never be cheaper than today"

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League