Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Beta version of MTG eBay Deal Finder is ready for feedback (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Beta version of MTG eBay Deal Finder is ready for feedback
casparro
posted November 18, 2012 06:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
This was created as a person tool for me to find deals on cards on eBay, without having to sift through tons of useless and overpriced cards. The data used to determine price comes from average completed listings and the "dealer" price is also usually listed for reference. I found it so useful, I wanted to open it up for all to try.

So, I just finished up the Beta version and I'd love some feedback.

The new version is here: http://redsunsoft.com/magic/finder_v2.html

The old version is here: http://redsunsoft.com/magic/finder.php

Also, answered this last time I posted V1, but wanted to be straight up again. Yes, the links to ebay are part of the ebay referral program. It helps keep the server up and running. Thanks!

[Edited 2 times, lastly by casparro on November 18, 2012]

Timmyhill
posted November 18, 2012 06:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
I'm using IE and the site doesnt seem to open in a full window.

Thanos
posted November 18, 2012 07:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Thanos's Have/Want ListView Thanos's Have/Want List
Same with Firefox.

Volcanon
posted November 18, 2012 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Firefox and me too. The frames look messed up. Looks like it only displays in a 150 or 200px tall frame for some reason.

casparro
posted November 18, 2012 08:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sorry about that. The site works on every browser now.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by casparro on November 18, 2012]

Thanos
posted November 18, 2012 08:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Thanos's Have/Want ListView Thanos's Have/Want List
It's still only open in about a quarter of my screen, the rest is blank (Firefox).

Edit, I refreshed and it's fine now.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Thanos on November 18, 2012]

AGO
posted November 19, 2012 11:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Its picking up repacks and has some gold bordered cards priced as there normal version prices.

Also people like to label their CE cards as beta so it is messing up there.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by AGO on November 19, 2012]

casparro
posted November 19, 2012 11:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Ah, I'll try to trim those out

ectomanic
posted November 19, 2012 11:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
all i get is code when i try to open v2. am using a mobile browser. sending you email with what i see when opening the page.

v1 works fine on my browser

casparro
posted November 19, 2012 11:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
fixed mobile issue. I'll be creating a mobile friendly version soon. Are you using a tablet or phone?

ectomanic
posted November 19, 2012 11:55 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
phone. firefox mobile

edit: can view it now. suggestion: if possible a way to set the min % off to see. as i see quite a few 0%-5% off and unless its something i quite need i dont see myself looking at those auctions.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by ectomanic on November 19, 2012]

Kelldroth
posted November 20, 2012 02:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kelldroth Click Here to Email Kelldroth Send a private message to Kelldroth Click to send Kelldroth an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
it seems to be displaying cards that are BINs at higher than mid costs as 50+ percent off when they're actually charging 50% more. Additionally, when I click reload, the screen fills with dozens of the same 3 overpriced listings.

casparro
posted November 20, 2012 02:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Working on the Dup issue

Aznopium
posted November 21, 2012 03:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Aznopium Click Here to Email Aznopium Send a private message to Aznopium Click to send Aznopium an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Aznopium's Have/Want ListView Aznopium's Have/Want List
got this error on chrome

PHP Error

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Demilio
posted November 21, 2012 07:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Demilio Click Here to Email Demilio Send a private message to Demilio Click to send Demilio an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Demilio's Have/Want ListView Demilio's Have/Want List
Same error w/ beta version.

casparro
posted November 21, 2012 08:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Sorry about that, I was testing a duplicate checker. The dups are now fixed. Next feature is up for voting:

- Mobile version
- Search
- Alerts when a card is ending soon under a certain price

Vote for your favorite!

xilla001
posted November 21, 2012 12:37 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for xilla001 Click Here to Email xilla001 Send a private message to xilla001 Click to send xilla001 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
search would be great and is most important

casparro
posted November 25, 2012 04:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Updated to work with mobile devices

Komodus
posted November 27, 2012 02:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Komodus Click Here to Email Komodus Send a private message to Komodus Click to send Komodus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Hi, I was wondering if you have a version of this for Ebay.ca?

casparro
posted November 28, 2012 09:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Not yet, but should be fairly easy.

Kelldroth
posted December 01, 2012 05:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kelldroth Click Here to Email Kelldroth Send a private message to Kelldroth Click to send Kelldroth an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
IS there any way to add a feature to allow it to scan farther? or is this a limitation?

During peak hours, it seems I barely get an hour's worth of deals. It'd be nice if you could set it to "auctions ending in the next x hours".

casparro
posted December 01, 2012 07:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
hmmm, yeah, that should be easy to add. Right now it loads all auctions ending in the next 5 hours OR the first 6 pages of results. Whichever comes first

southparker2002
posted December 01, 2012 10:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
Works great on Google Chrome. Love it!

JayC
posted December 01, 2012 04:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JayC Click Here to Email JayC Send a private message to JayC Click to send JayC an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So is the % it claims "off" the difference between the average ebay (MOTL) sale price and what it's currently listed for?

casparro
posted December 01, 2012 04:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for casparro Click Here to Email casparro Send a private message to casparro Click to send casparro an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
yeah, so if it usually sells for $40 + free shipping on ebay, and the current auction price is $20 + free shipping, then it's considered 50% off. As with all e-commerce tools, its simply a guide to cut out all the over priced stuff on ebay and make it more pleasurable to peruse auctions. It's by no means perfect or exact. Nor could a "value" ever be. We all have our own opinions about how valuable something might be.

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League