Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Pulling prices into an excel spreadsheet

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Pulling prices into an excel spreadsheet
AnimeSensei
posted August 18, 2013 08:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AnimeSensei Click Here to Email AnimeSensei Send a private message to AnimeSensei Click to send AnimeSensei an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I just bought a large collection of cards and am trying to price them out individually. Does anyone know of a way to pull prices via MOTL or TCGplayer into an excel document automatically?

Alexisonfyre
posted August 19, 2013 05:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Alexisonfyre Send a private message to Alexisonfyre Click to send Alexisonfyre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
A MOTLer sent me a couple of years ago an Excel spreadsheet with a VBA macro that takes prices directly from TCGPlayer. The last time I updated it was around Innistrad I think, so you would need some Excel and VBA knowledge to update it (it's not that complicated). I can send it to you when I'll be home if you wish.

Another option is to use deckbox.org. I use this to catalog my collection. It displays TCGPlayer prices and is a great way to list your collection quickly (I could import about 500 cards an hour). This is what I would recommend.

AnimeSensei
posted August 19, 2013 05:58 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AnimeSensei Click Here to Email AnimeSensei Send a private message to AnimeSensei Click to send AnimeSensei an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
That would be awesome if you could email me; my email is in my profile.

I use TCGPlayer's collection tracker for my personal stuff; is deckbox.org a lot like that?

Thanks!

harbingerofthevoid
posted August 19, 2013 06:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for harbingerofthevoid Click Here to Email harbingerofthevoid Send a private message to harbingerofthevoid Click to send harbingerofthevoid an Instant MessageVisit harbingerofthevoid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want ListView harbingerofthevoid's Have/Want List
probably not what you need but...

code:

<?php
$file_handle = fopen("http://classic.magictraders.com/pricelists/current-magic-weekly-excel.txt", "r");
$pipe = array();

while (!feof($file_handle)) {
$pipe[] = fgets($file_handle);
}
fclose($file_handle);
//unset($pipe[0]); /* uncomment to remove the header */

$fp = fopen('MOTL_pipe.csv', 'w');
foreach ($pipe as $cards) {
fputcsv($fp, explode('|',$cards));
}

fclose($fp);

?>

Dear Internets, I apologize in advance for stating my opinion in the event that one of the other 7~ billion in the world might have had and previously stated the same or similar opinion.

[UR

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League