Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  looking for someone interested in buying a collection i cant (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   looking for someone interested in buying a collection i cant
Hooskdaddy
posted July 02, 2013 03:07 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
First off I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know where really to put it.

So here's the deal. I had someone approach me locally with a decent collection to sell. I've recently bought a house so all of my money is tied up elsewhere. The retail on the collection based on scg is around 9k. Asking price is between $3-4000. I'm looking for someone who wants to pay for it and have me do the deal and ship it to you. For this, as my finders fee I will be getting the commons, uncommon, and bulk rares/foils in the collection. Trust me there's tons of great stuff.

So if your interested email me with your Motl name from your Motl email address. I am giving preference to well established MOTLers and people I've dealt with before because this is new territory for me and I want it to go smoothly.

Link139232
posted July 03, 2013 02:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Link139232 Click Here to Email Link139232 Send a private message to Link139232 Click to send Link139232 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Link139232's Have/Want ListView Link139232's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Hooskdaddy:
ship it to you. Trust me

But, won't someone steal it off my doorstep once you ship it to me?

Without knowing the contents of the non-bulk, this is a disaster waiting to happen.

stu55
posted July 03, 2013 02:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stu55 Click Here to Email stu55 Send a private message to stu55 Click to send stu55 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stu55's Have/Want ListView stu55's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Link139232:

Without knowing the contents of the non-bulk, this is a disaster waiting to happen.

This got a very loud audible laugh out of me.

How about I buy it, I pick the cards you call "bulk", and then send you what I will call "bulk", no extra charge to you.

I3Iood
posted July 03, 2013 03:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Link139232:

quote:
Originally posted by stu55:
This got a very loud audible laugh out of me.
How about I buy it, I pick the cards you call "bulk", and then send you what I will call "bulk", no extra charge to you.

I was waiting for these responses, albeit they took longer than I thought, and MOTL did not let me down! I agree that this is a recipe for disaster. I would steer clear of this laughable offer.

daner
posted July 03, 2013 03:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
Why don't you ask your bank for a personal loan if it's such a GREAT deal? Does your credit suck that much that you can't get a personal loan for $3-4k? If it IS worth that much I see no reason why you need someone else to buy this collection, borrow the money for christ sake.

I3Iood
posted July 03, 2013 03:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daner:
Why don't you ask your bank for a personal loan if it's such a GREAT deal? Does your credit suck that much that you can't get a personal loan for $3-4k? If it IS worth that much I see no reason why you need someone else to buy this collection, borrow the money for christ sake.

I can not believe he would have the audacity to actually ask MOTL to help him make money. It is also surprising the mods did not just close this right away knowing who was asking. Nothing good can come out of this.

stab107
posted July 03, 2013 04:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for stab107 Click Here to Email stab107 Send a private message to stab107 Click to send stab107 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stab107's Have/Want ListView stab107's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by I3Iood:
Nothing good can come out of this.

That depends. Several posters have found some humor in it so it can't be all bad .

Zeckk
posted July 03, 2013 04:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
All it takes is one guy interested in the offer. Though I agree, if hoosk wanted to be taken seriously given his history, he should have taken the time to list out exactly what someone would be getting for their 3-4k, as well as what HE would be getting as a finder fee.

Thanos
posted July 03, 2013 05:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Thanos's Have/Want ListView Thanos's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
if hoosk wanted to be taken seriously

There lies the problem...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Thanos on July 03, 2013]

Volcanon
posted July 03, 2013 05:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
First off I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know where really to put it.

So here's the deal. I had someone approach me locally with a decent collection to sell. I've recently bought a house so all of my money is tied up elsewhere. The retail on the collection based on scg is around 9k. Asking price is between $3-4000. I'm looking for someone who wants to pay for it and have me do the deal and ship it to you. For this, as my finders fee I will be getting the commons, uncommon, and bulk rares/foils in the collection. Trust me there's tons of great stuff.

So if your interested email me with your Motl name from your Motl email address. I am giving preference to well established MOTLers and people I've dealt with before because this is new territory for me and I want it to go smoothly.

Flat percentage on profits/payments made sounds like a much more fair finders fee. Not that I'm interested, anyway, since the shipping would be absurd.

Half SCG doesn't give me much room to make time-effective money on a big lot considering SCG sells most stuff at far more than most people can resell at.

Why don't you get a short-term loan for this stuff? Or use a secured line of credit on your house? Secured LOCs have LOW interest rates (like... prime or prime + a half), if you break even in three months the interest will be like a hundred bucks.

WeedIan
posted July 04, 2013 11:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Flat percentage on profits/payments made sounds like a much more fair finders fee. Not that I'm interested, anyway, since the shipping would be absurd.

Half SCG doesn't give me much room to make time-effective money on a big lot considering SCG sells most stuff at far more than most people can resell at.

Why don't you get a short-term loan for this stuff? Or use a secured line of credit on your house? Secured LOCs have LOW interest rates (like... prime or prime + a half), if you break even in three months the interest will be like a hundred bucks.

Correct, I get offers of money that i have to pay back for free all the time.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

Hooskdaddy
posted July 04, 2013 12:45 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Its pretty sad that you people feel the need to continuously live in the past and.not let stuff go.

For the people who actually offered constructive ideas, I appreciate the fact that you don't live in the past and have a sense of common decency.

The rest of you just prove to me that you're not the people I would want to associate with in real life. You're so caught up in things of the past that you think occurred but in reality you just are so encompassed with how your own lives suck and so pessimistic that you aren't willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt for even stuff that doesn't concern you. You are sad specks of dust in an otherwise beautiful world. Sadly, I pity the fact that you're so pessimistic that that is your outlook on.life

thror
posted July 04, 2013 01:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
you have given NOBODY a reason to trust you, or to do this deal. you havent even listed what we'd be getting, but you want us to just ship you $4k, let you pick and choose god knows what out of it, and then send us the rest. GET OVER YOURSELF.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

Hooskdaddy
posted July 04, 2013 01:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Thats why I had asked people to email me. Everyone who has done so I've emailed a copy of the list. I didn't post it here because the majority of people here aren't mature enough to handle it as indicated by the above comments.
I realize it was slightly unclear as to that part but I would hope people had a slight amount of common sense. And no I wouldn't expect anyone to send $3-4000 without.knowing exactly what's in.it. but frankly I wanted to pick and choose who I sent the list to since there have obviously been people on this site who have harassed me over the past year and I done wanna deal with them or hear their lip.

Zeckk
posted July 04, 2013 03:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Thats why I had asked people to email me. Everyone who has done so I've emailed a copy of the list. I didn't post it here because the majority of people here aren't mature enough to handle it as indicated by the above comments.
I realize it was slightly unclear as to that part but I would hope people had a slight amount of common sense. And no I wouldn't expect anyone to send $3-4000 without.knowing exactly what's in.it. but frankly I wanted to pick and choose who I sent the list to since there have obviously been people on this site who have harassed me over the past year and I done wanna deal with them or hear their lip.

Hoosk posts vaguely about a deal that requires 3-4k investment.

Multiple members point out that such vagueness isn't exactly the best way to go about this, given his BTA history.

Hoosk blames bad responses as the reason for his vague first post (is hoosk psychic?), completes cyclical argument.

Wheeeeeeee!

Hooskdaddy
posted July 04, 2013 05:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
Hoosk posts vaguely about a deal that requires 3-4k investment.

Multiple members point out that such vagueness isn't exactly the best way to go about this, given his BTA history.

Hoosk blames bad responses as the reason for his vague first post (is hoosk psychic?), completes cyclical argument.

Wheeeeeeee!

Truly you have a dizzying intellect

daner
posted July 04, 2013 07:34 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
Phase 1: Collect Underwear
Phase 2:
Phase 3: Profit

"Hey! What's Phase 2?"

chuck d
posted July 04, 2013 07:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for chuck d Click Here to Email chuck d Send a private message to chuck d Click to send chuck d an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View chuck d's Trade Auction or SaleView chuck d's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by daner:
Phase 1: Collect Underwear
Phase 2:
Phase 3: Profit

"Hey! What's Phase 2?"

Yes!

hilikuS
posted July 05, 2013 08:41 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
So 9k SCG Retail is not buy prices? Just checking, and the 9k includes what you're taking out, or is that 9k of stuff + what you're taking out?

Havoc Demon
posted July 05, 2013 09:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Havoc Demon Click Here to Email Havoc Demon Send a private message to Havoc Demon Click to send Havoc Demon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Havoc Demon's Trade Auction or SaleView Havoc Demon's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
. but frankly I wanted to pick and choose who I sent the list to since there have obviously been people on this site who have harassed me over the past year and I done wanna deal with them or hear their lip.

You must be either a masochist or a poor decision maker. Usually when my brain tells me something is a bad idea I don't do it. Yours told you twice and you still follow through with it, and then try to pin it on everyone else.

I find it impossible to believe that you are even capable of turning this sale into a profit.

Scans

Hooskdaddy
posted July 05, 2013 10:03 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Havoc Demon:
You must be either a masochist or a poor decision maker. Usually when my brain tells me something is a bad idea I don't do it. Yours told you twice and you still follow through with it, and then try to pin it on everyone else.

I find it impossible to believe that you are even capable of turning this sale into a profit.

Actually I'm generally an optimist. I like to believe in the overall goodness of humanity as a whole. The fact that so many people on this site are pessimistic just goes to feed the stigma that gamers and magic players are antisocial people. The fact that most people in this topic went toward the negative side immediately, proves that.

But oh well. I refuse to let this site or the negative people associated with it change me. I know who I am, the kind of person I am, I know I'm loved and that I do love so what a few negative people think of doesn't matter anymore.

I3Iood
posted July 05, 2013 11:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
...so what a few negative people think of doesn't matter anymore.

This site has more than a few people, and I am betting everyone who would hear your story would not like you. Also, you sure are posting alot in this thread and trying to make people think you are an upstanding citizen of MOTL for it not mattering to you.

Hooskdaddy
posted July 05, 2013 11:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by I3Iood:
This site has more than a few people, and I am betting everyone who would hear your story would not like you. Also, you sure are posting alot in this thread and trying to make people think you are an upstanding citizen of MOTL for it not mattering to you.

I'm not trying to make people think anything. You guys are the ones trying to make people think I'm this evil person. I don't really care one way or the other at this point. You don't know me, don't have a clue who am really am, and honestly with the closed mindedness, never will. That's your prerogative.

And BTW, you would lose that bet. I got quite a few "hang in there" and "those guys are douches" type of comments when all this stuff went down. And I thank and respect those people for their comments.

hilikuS
posted July 05, 2013 12:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by hilikuS:
So 9k SCG Retail is not buy prices? Just checking, and the 9k includes what you're taking out, or is that 9k of stuff + what you're taking out?

No sarcasm involved with these questions. Honestly asking!

ravidell
posted July 05, 2013 02:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ravidell Click Here to Email ravidell Send a private message to ravidell Click to send ravidell an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ravidell's Have/Want ListView ravidell's Have/Want List
So.... I have been looking at this post for the last few days. It seems very interesting. I was not sure if I should post, but I just can't help it any longer.

My friend has a bridge he would like to sell. Would any of you MOTLer's like to buy a bridge? It's a very nice bridge. And for a finders fee I would just like to have all the supports holding up the bridge. Please email me if you are interested and I can draw you a picture.

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League