Magic Discussion
  The Post for M14 (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 5 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Post for M14
AGO
posted April 01, 2013 09:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Shadowborn Apostle
B
Creature-Human Cleric
A deck can have any number of cards named Shadowborn Apostle.
B, sacrifice six creatures named Shadowborn Apostle: Search your library for a demon creature and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
1/1

I always love some Demon tutoring!

oneofchaos
posted April 01, 2013 09:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AGO:
Shadowborn Apostle
B
Creature-Human Cleric
B, sacrifice six creatures named Shadowborn Apostle: Search your library for a demon creature and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
1/1

Money that this card is what pushes griselbrand over the edge and needs to get banned.

JensK
posted April 01, 2013 09:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JensK Click Here to Email JensK Send a private message to JensK Click to send JensK an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Well as long as you have five of these, they are useless 1/1's. You give alot of edge to your opponent

hilikuS
posted April 01, 2013 09:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by oneofchaos:
Money that this card is what pushes griselbrand over the edge and needs to get banned.

I dunno man. I mean yeah you can put Grizzlebees into play, but that's after you got 6 of these dudes. You're asking your opponent to answer 1 threat. What are you gonna draw with your 7 cards? More of these guys.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hilikuS on April 01, 2013]

oneofchaos
posted April 01, 2013 10:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
People took me seriously. SMH

frankenskid
posted April 01, 2013 10:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for frankenskid Click Here to Email frankenskid Send a private message to frankenskid Click to send frankenskid an Instant MessageVisit frankenskid's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View frankenskid's Have/Want ListView frankenskid's Have/Want List
April Fools?

mcelraca
posted April 01, 2013 11:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mcelraca Click Here to Email mcelraca Send a private message to mcelraca Click to send mcelraca an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mcelraca's Have/Want ListView mcelraca's Have/Want List
quote:
Shadowborn Apostle
B
Creature-Human Cleric
1/1

This card could lead to some super fun casual decks. I think with token generating and populate you could get to 6 pretty fast, while still having cards in your deck to answer threats. U/B control with this guy would be fun!

revenger
posted April 01, 2013 07:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Link?

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

thror
posted April 01, 2013 07:24 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by frankenskid:
April Fools?

[16:17] <@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
[16:18] <@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

[19:01] <nderEvo> you can delete yourself

Sovarius
posted April 01, 2013 08:16 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
That's a terrible card... For BBBBBB i can just cast a demon.

quote:
Originally posted by mcelraca:
I think with token generating and populate you could get to 6 pretty fast, while still having cards in your deck to answer threats.

I think you're reading it wrong. They have to be named Shadowborn Apostle, which is why you can have any number in a deck. So unless you make a token copy, like Cackling Counterpart (which costs a lot more than another aposte), you can't populate.
Do you really want to try to populate in U/B anyway?

I want to see them start reprinting some decent modern cards. For lands i'd like the innistrad or scars lands.

My trades
My Saleslist and Buylist

iccarus
posted April 01, 2013 09:26 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by frankenskid:
April Fools?

An image of the card was shown at Pax East over a week ago with the D14 expansion symbol on there. It's supposed to be a preview card for the Duel of the Planeswalkers 2014 video game, but there's heavy speculation it will be a real card in M14.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

flam flawless
posted April 01, 2013 09:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for flam flawless Click Here to Email flam flawless Send a private message to flam flawless Click to send flam flawless an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View flam flawless's Have/Want ListView flam flawless's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
An image of the card was shown at Pax East over a week ago with the D14 expansion symbol on there. It's supposed to be a preview card for the Duel of the Planeswalkers 2014 video game, but there's heavy speculation it will be a real card in M14.

Shadowborn Demon, from the link you provided, looks like another one (?)

B14ckM4g3
posted April 02, 2013 12:17 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for B14ckM4g3 Click Here to Email B14ckM4g3 Send a private message to B14ckM4g3 Click to send B14ckM4g3 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Serious question:

With the shocklands available, and the oncoming rotation of Inn-lands, will the M-lands be reprinted? What are your speculations?

I'm not 100%. They M-lands have been around for a bit but with the current standard and upcoming block I think a reprint of BoP would make the M-lands not necessary and change standard to a less-multicolor format. It would also open up a new cycle of lands (Scars fastlands off-color, for instance, or vivid lands, etc.) to be printed again.

mcelraca
posted April 02, 2013 07:48 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mcelraca Click Here to Email mcelraca Send a private message to mcelraca Click to send mcelraca an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mcelraca's Have/Want ListView mcelraca's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Sovarius:
That's a terrible card... For BBBBBB i can just cast a demon.

I think you're reading it wrong. They have to be named Shadowborn Apostle, which is why you can have any number in a deck. So unless you make a token copy, like Cackling Counterpart (which costs a lot more than another aposte), you can't populate.
Do you really want to try to populate in U/B anyway?

I want to see them start reprinting some decent modern cards. For lands i'd like the innistrad or scars lands.

I didn't elaborate, but I was indeed thinking of cackling counterpart. This card isn't super awesome, but like i said, you could do a fun casual deck. Cackling COunterpart, Mitotic manipulation, populate, and I'm sure there is a green card that lets you tutor creatures already on the field. Again, I don't mind this card being a common, it could be fun.

quote:
Originally posted by B14ckM4g3:
Serious question:

With the shocklands available, and the oncoming rotation of Inn-lands, will the M-lands be reprinted? What are your speculations?

I'm not 100%. They M-lands have been around for a bit but with the current standard and upcoming block I think a reprint of BoP would make the M-lands not necessary and change standard to a less-multicolor format. It would also open up a new cycle of lands (Scars fastlands off-color, for instance, or vivid lands, etc.) to be printed again.

I really am not much help as I don't know any rumors. However, to me, i feel like the checklands are a safe way for wotc to keep two color lands readily available to new players. The check lands have a no-nonsense, simple goodness about them. I believe they will keep reprinting them because the core sets are usually more straight forward and are there to help new players learn the ropes.

I'd like to see them reprint the innistrad land colors and maybe we could see the price come down a bit on those.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by mcelraca on April 02, 2013]

JoshSherman
posted April 02, 2013 04:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Have/Want ListView JoshSherman's Have/Want List
I'm excited about that dude, but not for any real reason

LemonMeringue
posted April 02, 2013 09:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
He might be useful in limited if there are some bomb demons and he replaces the basic land slot in booster packs.

oneofchaos
posted April 02, 2013 10:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LemonMeringue:
He might be useful in limited if there are some bomb demons and he replaces the basic land slot in booster packs.

But then you'd be playing black in a core set limited...frowntown :-/

MeddlingMage
posted April 03, 2013 05:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
Shadowborn Apostle
B
Creature-Human Cleric
1/1

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/shadowborn-demon/

~MM

New keeper of the Logout button

2austin5
posted April 03, 2013 11:37 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for 2austin5 Click Here to Email 2austin5 Send a private message to 2austin5 Click to send 2austin5 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View 2austin5's Have/Want ListView 2austin5's Have/Want List
Ive heard rumors of sun titan and frost titan making a return..... any thoughts?

mm1983
posted April 03, 2013 12:10 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
Shadowborn Apostle would be too slow for standard however, I can see it being played at least casually in modern with Thrumming Stone. As far as the rest of M14 goes I would love to see enemy color scars fast lands but I don't think they will do it in M14. They would wait to print them at the start of a new block. With shock lands currently being standard for at least another year there is no need to reprint any of the Innistrad or M-10-13 lands. I don't think they will reprint just 2 of the 5 Titans but I think they could make a brand new cycle of 5 Titans.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by mm1983 on April 03, 2013]

AGO
posted May 06, 2013 03:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
Slivers!? Potential Sliver Queen reprint, but its on the reserve list??????

junichi
posted May 06, 2013 03:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
quote:

It is on the RL.

My guess:

A new queen like legendary sliver with better abilities.

"Whip the Xs Pinch the Os
What we're building, no one knows"

Bugger
posted May 06, 2013 03:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Whelp, this is pretty ballsy.

It's enough to convince me to not spend a red cent on M14, because I dislike slivers (and the new art style is really...uh... interesting), but it's pretty ballsy, and I gotta give em props for taking a risk.

MeddlingMage
posted May 06, 2013 04:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:

I LOVE SLIVERS!! I played Counter Sliver til it hurt back in the day!

~MM

New keeper of the Logout button

Myy
posted May 06, 2013 05:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myy's Have/Want ListView Myy's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by MeddlingMage:
I LOVE SLIVERS!! I played Counter Sliver til it hurt back in the day!

~MM

Amen, link?

This topic is 5 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League