Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  M14 rare lands

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   M14 rare lands
Zarfolos132
posted July 04, 2013 11:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zarfolos132 Click Here to Email Zarfolos132 Send a private message to Zarfolos132 Click to send Zarfolos132 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zarfolos132's Have/Want ListView Zarfolos132's Have/Want List
I can't seem to find them spoiled, if they are a link please? if they aren't think they'll reprint the same ally duals?

thror
posted July 04, 2013 11:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View thror's Trade Auction or SaleView thror's Trade Auction or Sale
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ld/254

"That's right, for the first time since Fourth Edition, there will not be a cycle of mana-fixing lands in the core set."

There aren't any.

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep
<KIP_NZ> we kiwi's like our sheep

MVPScheer123r
posted July 05, 2013 12:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MVPScheer123r Click Here to Email MVPScheer123r Send a private message to MVPScheer123r Click to send MVPScheer123r an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MVPScheer123r's Have/Want ListView MVPScheer123r's Have/Want List
I would imagine by that article it doesn't seem like Fetch lands will be reprinted in Theros either, not that I ever thought they would, but some people had hopes.

Sovarius
posted July 05, 2013 03:34 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
Sooo... What I understood from that was they should print 10 land fixers.
They said it was good for standard to have 24 duals for tricolor decks?
And they don't want to make it hard to play enemy color decks, but they are going to make it harder to play ally colors?

My Saleslist
Wants

Zeckk
posted July 05, 2013 04:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Sovarius:
Sooo... What I understood from that was they should print 10 land fixers.
They said it was good for standard to have 24 duals for tricolor decks?
And they don't want to make it hard to play enemy color decks, but they are going to make it harder to play ally colors?

It's more about caving to gameplay pressure to have equal amounts of access to enemy colors in relation to ally colors. They said the previously they made it harder to have enemy mana for thematic reasons, but they don't design that way anymore.

I have an extremely hard time beleiving that encroaching wastes is going to see anything more than fringe play, barring another recursion engine on the level of sun titan or life from the loam. Seriously, locking up 5 mana just to wasteland seems less than viable.

Devonin
posted July 05, 2013 06:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
Well, in formats where you can just use Wasteland, sure.

Beymond
posted July 05, 2013 10:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Beymond Click Here to Email Beymond Send a private message to Beymond Click to send Beymond an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
usually just reprint

Sovarius
posted July 06, 2013 06:01 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Sovarius Click Here to Email Sovarius Send a private message to Sovarius Click to send Sovarius an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Sovarius's Trade Auction or SaleView Sovarius's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
They said the previously they made it harder to have enemy mana for thematic reasons, but they don't design that way anymore.

I know, that's what i'm talking about. That makes me think they should do 10 lands. They shouldn't bring down ally colors to make it even.

My Saleslist
Wants

Pail42
posted July 06, 2013 12:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ld/254

"That's right, for the first time since Fourth Edition, there will not be a cycle of mana-fixing lands in the core set."

There aren't any.

Yaaaaaay!

Also from the article, "Again, I believe the lands we have in place for Theros block are wonderful, but they do not offer the same level of ease and power with three-color mana bases as the shockland/M10-dual-land combination."

Mr.C
posted July 06, 2013 01:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
Maybe they are making the River of Tears cycle? I hope not.

JoshSherman
posted July 06, 2013 01:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Have/Want ListView JoshSherman's Have/Want List
CoB and Reflecting Pool!!!

I doubt it, though.

daner
posted July 06, 2013 08:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for daner Click Here to Email daner Send a private message to daner Click to send daner an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View daner's Have/Want ListView daner's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by MVPScheer123r:
I would imagine by that article it doesn't seem like Fetch lands will be reprinted in Theros either, not that I ever thought they would, but some people had hopes.

I'm all but certain one day you will see Fetches again....but not until Shocks are out of standard. I think most people would agree with that if in fact Fetches were to ever make a reappearence.

DirectorMTG
posted July 07, 2013 09:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for DirectorMTG Send a private message to DirectorMTG Click to send DirectorMTG an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daner:
I'm all but certain one day you will see Fetches again....but not until Shocks are out of standard. I think most people would agree with that if in fact Fetches were to ever make a reappearence.

They have already stated they dont want shocks and fetches in standard at the same time... so why wouldnt we agree

Cray3523
posted July 08, 2013 02:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Cray3523 Click Here to Email Cray3523 Send a private message to Cray3523 Click to send Cray3523 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Cray3523's Have/Want ListView Cray3523's Have/Want List
What about enemy fast lands, the scars lands are the only cycle left unfinished, right?

Chris

mcelraca
posted July 08, 2013 09:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mcelraca Click Here to Email mcelraca Send a private message to mcelraca Click to send mcelraca an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mcelraca's Have/Want ListView mcelraca's Have/Want List
What about the worldwake manlands?

I don't believe they completed the cycle, but I didn't really play during that time so I'm less familiar with those sets.

Either way, manlands are fun and I'd like to see more of those in general.

AGO
posted July 08, 2013 09:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AGO Click Here to Email AGO Send a private message to AGO Click to send AGO an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AGO's Trade Auction or SaleView AGO's Trade Auction or Sale
I am hoping for a set of lands like River of Tears in Theros.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League