Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  So is this site basically dead now?

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   So is this site basically dead now?
magicmisprints
posted October 07, 2017 01:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for magicmisprints Click Here to Email magicmisprints Send a private message to magicmisprints Click to send magicmisprints an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View magicmisprints's Trade Auction or SaleView magicmisprints's Trade Auction or Sale
So few posts compared to the last time I was on (admittedly, a long time ago)..
I've personally used this site infrequently, but even though I don't turn the lights on often in that room in the back of my basement either, I still expect the lights to come on when I flick the switch. I guess I took MOTL for granted, too, though from what I recall, just like in that basement room, there were (human) centipedes (intentional) here too sometimes...

iccarus
posted October 08, 2017 05:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The discussion side of things is pretty much dead. I believe there's some activity in the trading/selling areas still.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

LandDestroyer
posted October 08, 2017 01:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I held out hope until about a month ago but now I'm basically going to stop trying. I used to still direct people here after doing a trade on facebook or whenever people ask about online trading but now it's just bleh

AEther Storm
posted October 11, 2017 01:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I still check in every other day. But the lack of interesting discussions and waning amount of people stop me from posting.

I miss the you make the card contests, politics talk (hammr, where are thou), etc.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

mm1983
posted October 17, 2017 12:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
MOTL is still fine for a trade or sale here and there but as far as other discussions relating to the game or not it's pretty dead around here. It's not the place it used to be since facebook groups have taken over and when TCG opened their site for individuals to sell instead of stores only. MOTL is still the nice alternative to sell and avoid fees as long as you can compete with the other online markets.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by mm1983 on October 17, 2017]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League