Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  How to start

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   How to start
Dstar998
posted July 23, 2013 03:13 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Dstar998 Click Here to Email Dstar998 Send a private message to Dstar998 Click to send Dstar998 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
hey all im from dawson creek bc Canada I have some friends that play in a club every week where im from there is not very many options for places to by cards all these guys have cards from way back and out number my cards quite a bit jw if theres anyone here who has spare cards they can send me I don't have cards to trade but I have other things I can part with like a paint ball gun and other random stuff I really enjoy the game and want to thank everyone who can give me a hand thank you

wjuseck
posted July 23, 2013 07:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wjuseck Click Here to Email wjuseck Send a private message to wjuseck Click to send wjuseck an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The paint ball gun/Magic market is pretty dry these days, but I recommend you sell your paintball gun and put it toward Magic if you want.

Barter is very spotty, but cash is the skeleton key to get anything you want on this planet.

For what it's worth, I got a lot of the good cards I wanted by trading, buylisting (selling those cards to stores, via mail, for money), and then flat out buying the nice cards I wanted in the first place.

D'Shay
posted July 23, 2013 10:02 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for D'Shay Click Here to Email D'Shay Send a private message to D'Shay Click to send D'Shay an Instant MessageVisit D'Shay's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
also there is a non magic trading forum to post your stuff to trade for magic cards

see here: http://forums.magictraders.com/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Non-Magic+Trading+Forum&number=6&LastLogin=

implode
posted July 23, 2013 12:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for implode Click Here to Email implode Send a private message to implode Click to send implode an Instant MessageVisit implode's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View implode's Have/Want ListView implode's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Dstar998:
hey all im from dawson creek bc Canada I have some friends that play in a club every week where im from there is not very many options for places to by cards all these guys have cards from way back and out number my cards quite a bit jw if theres anyone here who has spare cards they can send me I don't have cards to trade but I have other things I can part with like a paint ball gun and other random stuff I really enjoy the game and want to thank everyone who can give me a hand thank you

1) I really don't see people giving you cards. Your best bet for FREE cards may be hanging out after drafts at some local place. Sadly even though some people might like to give you commons, shipping costs make even that generosity prohibitive. VERY few competitive decks exist that are made completely of commons. Rarity of cards dictates value, and certain rare cards are dominant in decks.

2) If you have the money you can buy any card you want here. Put up a buylist with fair prices and I'm betting you have a lot of success.

3) Have you considered playing booster drafts / Sealed deck? If you don't have a whole lot of cards, you might be on more even footing. Plus every event builds your ability to play in constructed deck formats like type II.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League