Click Here!

Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  The Post for Magic Stuff and Stuff #80 (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   The Post for Magic Stuff and Stuff #80
Volcanon
posted April 10, 2013 11:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Stuff.

Lord Crovax
posted April 10, 2013 11:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
Stuff.

Magic stuffs

choco man
posted April 10, 2013 01:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Crovax:
Magic stuffs

Magic stuffs sometimes

Pail42
posted April 10, 2013 01:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/1206

This looks really cool. I kinda want to do this in a wall of my office or as table-top for a card table.

caquaa
posted April 10, 2013 03:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:

This looks really cool. I kinda want to do this in a wall of my office or as table-top for a card table.

I think its interesting, but I'm not sure how well its going to hold up. Reading up on their web site, it sounds as if they only put a single clear coat on top to protect the cards.

Something like a wall or table doesn't seem like much of an issue, you don't have people walking on it or chairs being moved around and such. For a wall, not even sure you'd really need to seal it unless you wanted it to last a really long while. For a table, I'd do something like a glass top and just have them under that.

ryan2754
posted April 10, 2013 03:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
One coat? What they should do is a couple layers of polyurethane and this sand/buff it. Much more durable. Did that with the paint job on my beer pong table and it's going on 8 years and still looks stellar.

Volcanon
posted April 10, 2013 04:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:

Psssh, if he didn't do it with all Alpha Chaoslaces then he's not a real game store owner.

caquaa
posted April 10, 2013 04:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
One coat? What they should do is a couple layers of polyurethane and this sand/buff it. Much more durable. Did that with the paint job on my beer pong table and it's going on 8 years and still looks stellar.

yah, was my first thoughts after reading through their web site a few days ago. If it was mine I'd have put quite a few coats on there. Comparing your beer pong table isnt quite the same though, foot traffic changes things quite a bit.

Timmyhill
posted April 10, 2013 04:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
Is there a demand for being able to buy specific bulk value commons and uncommons? I'm trying to sell off a huge chunk of commons and uncommons and would like to get 0.05 each for them instead of just boxing them up and bulking them out for 0.008 each.

Lord Crovax
posted April 10, 2013 04:54 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timmyhill:
Is there a demand for being able to buy specific bulk value commons and uncommons? I'm trying to sell off a huge chunk of commons and uncommons and would like to get 0.05 each for them instead of just boxing them up and bulking them out for 0.008 each.

Everyone I knows who buys bulk C/U does so at 5-10$ per 5,000k
Unless I mistaking your question.

Timmyhill
posted April 10, 2013 04:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
Instead of selling them 1k for $5-10, could it be worth while to make a list of them and try to get $0.05 each for them?

caquaa
posted April 10, 2013 05:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:

I assume you mean that you're wanting to sell bulk quality un/commons but have them listed and charge .05 ea? You'll take forever to sort/grade/list them, they are trash so they won't sell, etc. There is a reason people sell un/commons for bulk prices, because there isn't much else you can do with them.

Lord Crovax
posted April 10, 2013 05:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Instead of selling them 1k for $5-10, could it be worth while to make a list of them and try to get $0.05 each for them?

I stated 5,000 per 5-10, not 1,000, and as stated, not worth the work listing them for a little more, too much time for little to no gain.

Also for Bulk, 5 is for lots suspected of filtering, while 10 are for lots people believe to be unsorted.

Pail42
posted April 10, 2013 10:28 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
For a table, I'd do something like a glass top and just have them under that.

Exactly what I was thinking.

caquaa
posted April 10, 2013 10:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Exactly what I was thinking.

yah, but I'd totally make fairly convincing fake expensive cards and include them with the random trash cards. I'd probably mutilate them or make a lotus just peeking out from beneath an arrangement of cards. It would certainly be worth keeping the secret that they aren't real as well... just so hard though.

Volcanon
posted April 11, 2013 12:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by caquaa:
I assume you mean that you're wanting to sell bulk quality un/commons but have them listed and charge .05 ea? You'll take forever to sort/grade/list them, they are trash so they won't sell, etc. There is a reason people sell un/commons for bulk prices, because there isn't much else you can do with them.

It will take forever to sort nickel cards and in the end you might make like 4-5 bucks and spend a lot of effort shipping stuff and dealing with idiots demanding free shipping for their $2 of cards.

I bulk off my crap on craigslist for $10/1000. Mixed C/UC but picked through heavily.

Timmyhill
posted April 11, 2013 02:25 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
So if everyone just bulks out their C/UC where do people go to buy some random common they might happen to need?

Do they foolishly go to SCG and pay .50-.75 for a 0.008 card?

choco man
posted April 11, 2013 03:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:

It's worth more than $0.008 if you need it.

WeedIan
posted April 11, 2013 07:05 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
Soooo. Jace is $150 on SCG now.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

AEther Storm
posted April 11, 2013 07:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
I just battled Squirrel Overlord on Magic Online.

Now I can die happy!

My pauper deck, Door to Nothingness win condition (soon to post another tourney report) vs U/W with Serendib Efreet and Exalted Angel. Loved the deck, but when the Door slams shut, it's shut!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those
who mind don't matter and thos

Lord Crovax
posted April 11, 2013 07:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
Soooo. Jace is $150 on SCG now.

Yup SCG up buy to 100 non-foil/500 foil

So now we got 150 non-foil/750+ foils

I'm betting 200/1,000 by end of year.

WeedIan
posted April 11, 2013 08:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Crovax:
Yup SCG up buy to 100 non-foil/500 foil

So now we got 150 non-foil/750+ foils

I'm betting 200/1,000 by end of year.

We traded 5 tropical islands for a Foil Jace & Foil Intuition about 2 months ago. Super happy about it.

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

hilikuS
posted April 11, 2013 10:00 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
So if everyone just bulks out their C/UC where do people go to buy some random common they might happen to need?

I would assume they go to their LGS, or use google and find websites with prices that aren't the highest on the internet. Or ask a friendly MOTLer .

[Edited 1 times, lastly by hilikuS on April 11, 2013]

marlo213
Banned
posted April 11, 2013 04:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for marlo213 Send a private message to marlo213 Click to send marlo213 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Why does jace keep on jumping in price? It's really annoying

Lord Crovax
posted April 11, 2013 05:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marlo213:
Why does jace keep on jumping in price? It's really annoying

People.....lots and lots of people..... Also have a jace extra now!

This topic is 13 pages long:   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Open Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League