Magic Discussion
  Art of MTG ! (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Art of MTG !
CoupDeGrace
posted February 24, 2010 07:06 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CoupDeGrace Click Here to Email CoupDeGrace Send a private message to CoupDeGrace Click to send CoupDeGrace an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
As everyone know, there are various of arts of cards like Counterspell, Dark ritual, serra angel, basic lands and so on.. Which of the favourite art u all like.

Well, i like Dark Ritual from Revised, Counterspell/Brainstorm from MM, serra angel from Revised. I do even like Starlit Angel from Chinese Portal !

enemyzero
posted February 24, 2010 08:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for enemyzero Click Here to Email enemyzero Send a private message to enemyzero Click to send enemyzero an Instant MessageVisit enemyzero's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View enemyzero's Have/Want ListView enemyzero's Have/Want List
Platinum Angel.

southparker2002
posted February 24, 2010 08:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for southparker2002 Click Here to Email southparker2002 Send a private message to southparker2002 Click to send southparker2002 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View southparker2002's Have/Want ListView southparker2002's Have/Want List
Anything by Ron Spencer

Thanos
posted February 24, 2010 08:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Thanos's Have/Want ListView Thanos's Have/Want List
Juzam, IA Jester's Cap, Demonic Hordes, Stone Throwing Devils.

Edit, iPhone is doing it's own thing today with words.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Thanos on February 24, 2010]

puregoblinboy47
posted February 24, 2010 08:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for puregoblinboy47 Click Here to Email puregoblinboy47 Send a private message to puregoblinboy47 Click to send puregoblinboy47 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm a fan of Melissa Benson.

yukizora
posted February 24, 2010 08:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yukizora Click Here to Email yukizora Send a private message to yukizora Click to send yukizora an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I'm a complete fan of Chippy's art, especially Esper basic lands from SoA and the DVD Akroma.

Myy
posted February 24, 2010 09:29 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myy's Have/Want ListView Myy's Have/Want List
I used to love Kev Walker, till I found out he's a doushe bag with his fans. so now I really like ]D. alexander. Gregory And ]Mark Zug.

Devouring Strossus

flophaus
posted February 24, 2010 10:20 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Drew Tucker... I love his style!
And if anyone could ever get me an original artwork... wow... you would be like my best friend hehe =)

John Avon lands: *blissfully beautiful*

and of course Richard Kane-Fergusson (Spelling on that?)
His original artworks must be huge, because he has a ton of small things going on in his work =) Very non-boring!

[Edited 1 times, lastly by flophaus on February 24, 2010]

white_wolf
posted February 24, 2010 10:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for white_wolf Click Here to Email white_wolf Send a private message to white_wolf Click to send white_wolf an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I love pretty much anything done by Franz Vohwinkle (probably spelled that wrong).

And have even had several chances to meet him at GenCon and he is very appreciative of his fans. I have even had him do some alterations. And for ones that he charges for he is VERY reasonable. (May post scans of one that I had him do for me later)

Malice327
posted February 24, 2010 11:16 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Malice327 Click Here to Email Malice327 Send a private message to Malice327 Click to send Malice327 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Love kev walker art... why is he a douchebag to his fans?

Myy
posted February 24, 2010 11:23 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Myy Click Here to Email Myy Send a private message to Myy Click to send Myy an Instant MessageVisit Myy's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Myy's Have/Want ListView Myy's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Malice327:
Love kev walker art... why is he a douchebag to his fans?

Just comments I've heard form people who've met him, he doesn't even sign cards. =/

caquaa
posted February 24, 2010 11:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:
Drew Tucker... I love his style!
And if anyone could ever get me an original artwork... wow... you would be like my best friend hehe =)

seriously?

Buying MM counterspells for my counterspell collection. Click me!

Global basic Island collection needs your help!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.

JoshSherman
posted February 24, 2010 02:29 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Have/Want ListView JoshSherman's Have/Want List
Gaea's Blessing

Evil-C
posted February 24, 2010 04:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Evil-C Send a private message to Evil-C Click to send Evil-C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Rob alexander
love his lands
great guy too spends hours at events signing and autographing.

Bugger
posted February 24, 2010 04:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I rather like Raymond Swanland's artwork. Very aggressive, and certainly detailed.

HiddenKeep
posted February 24, 2010 04:51 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for HiddenKeep Click Here to Email HiddenKeep Send a private message to HiddenKeep Click to send HiddenKeep an Instant MessageVisit HiddenKeep's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I like the 5th Edition Dark Ritual better than the Revised one. Personal choice.
I like R K Post and how he is so willing to modify the cards for you.
I am a fan of Melissa Benson and her Revised Nightmare Art, and Wizards need to bring that back in a Black Bordered Card. Also a big fan of her Fire Elemental RV Art.

PortlisX
posted February 24, 2010 09:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Richard Kane Ferguson(sp?) has always been and will always be my favorite MTG artist. I absolutely love his style for some reason.

I also love any land card done by John Avon, his use of color is fantastic!

And although I haven't seen a ton by this new(er?) artist Monique something that did some of the Zendikar lands, I really like her style too.

Last honorable mention to Mark Tedin. The art on the original Leviathan from The Dark will always be one of my favorites.

Mr.C
posted February 24, 2010 10:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.C Click Here to Email Mr.C Send a private message to Mr.C Click to send Mr.C an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Mr.C's Have/Want ListView Mr.C's Have/Want List
Fay Jones. Stasis is so cool, and so was she signing my pile of Stasis.

After that, I'd say Andi Rusu, Donato Giancola, Michael Komarck, Volkan Baga and Veronique Meignaud are all very good.

-PoX-
posted February 24, 2010 10:59 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for -PoX- Click Here to Email -PoX- Send a private message to -PoX- Click to send -PoX- an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I've always loved the art for Undiscovered Paradise.

And Macabre Waltz is the biggest "REALLY? THEY CAN PRINT THIS??" card I can think of.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/cardart/DIS/Macabre_Waltz_640.jpg

TheMidnightBomber
posted February 25, 2010 04:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for TheMidnightBomber Click Here to Email TheMidnightBomber Send a private message to TheMidnightBomber Click to send TheMidnightBomber an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I second Donato Giancola, I also like Scott Fisher and Terese Nielsen in particular. rk Post's Unmask is probably my favorite magic art.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by TheMidnightBomber on February 25, 2010]

Heresy19
posted February 25, 2010 05:31 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
Véronique Meignaud's basics from Zendikar (especially island and forest) and of course her Lightning Bolt.

Fetish cards art: Questing Phedalggrif (whatever how you spell that lol... too lazy to search my binders) I have a playset of foils and promos :P

RitNecroWin
posted February 25, 2010 07:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for RitNecroWin Click Here to Email RitNecroWin Send a private message to RitNecroWin Click to send RitNecroWin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:
[B]Drew Tucker... I love his style!

B]

I have Warmth by Drew Tucker, professionally framed and it is for sale. If you are serious, I'll be happy to get you some pictures and go from there.

yakusoku
posted February 25, 2010 11:08 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evil-C:
Rob alexander
love his lands

Same here.

I'm trying to collect every magic card he's done - in foil if possible. I was *really* disappointed he didn't show up at GP:Seattle(Tacoma) - the last big event I went to.

ryan2754
posted February 25, 2010 12:38 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
Love RK Post. Have a Morphling Print, a signed Morphling, and also love Thorn Elemental and Avatar of Woe.

Actually met him at the TS Prerelease in Indy. Very nice guy. Signed a few cards and I bought the print. Real down to earth guy. I talked to him about which card people have him sign the most, and we talked about how he actually made the Morphling card (both sides and what not) - IIRC, He actually did do it by HAND, didn't just flip the image which he said he would have done if the set would have come out a few years later because of the technology.

Love John Avon, have a print of Piracy Charm (so soothing and awesome)...

Knight of Dawn, Gaea's Cradle, and Walking Sponge are up there....

2nd in Posts [5145] in OH-IO
(Have a long way to go to catch Val)

Mafia/Werewolf Record:
2-1 as Mafia
6-5 as Cit

98ViperGTS
posted February 25, 2010 01:57 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for 98ViperGTS Click Here to Email 98ViperGTS Send a private message to 98ViperGTS Click to send 98ViperGTS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Vesuvan Doppelganger

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League