Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  No birds or slimes

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   No birds or slimes
wild-ravager
posted June 03, 2013 06:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
So there's no chance for acidic slime or birds of paradise in m14 now why not, looks like I'm done with standard.

WeedIan
posted June 03, 2013 06:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
They likely don't want Deathrite and BOP in the same standard would make a goodstuff deck possible (8 1 drop mana fixers).

What evidence gives you the "no chance"

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

wild-ravager
posted June 03, 2013 06:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
Mainly for bop but I remember acidic slime being and early spoil in the last core sets

wayne
posted June 03, 2013 06:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by WeedIan:
They likely don't want Deathrite and BOP in the same standard would make a goodstuff deck possible (8 1 drop mana fixers).

What evidence gives you the "no chance"

Would you be referring to Arbor Elf or Avacyn's Pilgrim? Don't think Deathrite is able to accelerate mana in the current standard.

LandDestroyer
posted June 03, 2013 06:43 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for LandDestroyer Click Here to Email LandDestroyer Send a private message to LandDestroyer Click to send LandDestroyer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LandDestroyer's Have/Want ListView LandDestroyer's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by wayne:

Would you be referring to Arbor Elf or Avacyn's Pilgrim? Don't think Deathrite is able to accelerate mana in the current standard.

Agreed...unless you think they'll be reprinting fetch lands soon...in which case...someone shoot me in the face...fetches and shocks in standard...does anyone else miss seeing basic lands in standard?

Pail42
posted June 03, 2013 09:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I too miss basic lands in standard. I wish we had some non-basic hate cards.

WeedIan
posted June 03, 2013 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for WeedIan Click Here to Email WeedIan Send a private message to WeedIan Click to send WeedIan an Instant MessageVisit WeedIan's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View WeedIan's Have/Want ListView WeedIan's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by wayne:

I didn't say it was a good BOP bases guy but its still a chance of having 8 of them.

Also the new named Llanowar elf pretty much gives away no reprint of BoP

9th in posts on MOTL
5th in Refs in Ontario
Pushing to get to top 100 in MOTL Refs

wild-ravager
posted June 03, 2013 12:00 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
Well just because of the new mana elf bop still can see a reprint due to they were in a few core sets

Pail42
posted June 03, 2013 12:41 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wild-ravager:
Well just because of the new mana elf bop still can see a reprint due to they were in a few core sets

I think he means that since there is already one 1 cost green mana accelerating creature in M14 it's slim chances of a second creature that fills a similar slot.

wild-ravager
posted June 03, 2013 12:56 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
I honestly think bop is better just because he makes it easier to play multi color decks even with the shocks

Bagbokk
posted June 03, 2013 03:55 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bagbokk Click Here to Email Bagbokk Send a private message to Bagbokk Click to send Bagbokk an Instant MessageVisit Bagbokk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Bagbokk's Trade Auction or SaleView Bagbokk's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
no acidic slime

YAY

wild-ravager
posted June 03, 2013 06:49 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wild-ravager Click Here to Email wild-ravager Send a private message to wild-ravager Click to send wild-ravager an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wild-ravager's Have/Want ListView wild-ravager's Have/Want List
Acidic slime is amazing

ectomanic
posted June 03, 2013 07:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
In their place wotc will be printing "Brightly colored Parrots" and "Caustic Goo"

CubFan81
posted June 04, 2013 11:15 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pail42:
I too miss basic lands in standard. I wish we had some non-basic hate cards.

There's a non-basic Mana Barbs in M14.

AEther Storm
posted June 04, 2013 01:30 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Bagbokk:
YAY

+1

I miss Stone Rain. And Grizzly Bears. Honest.

Lord Flasheart: Enter the man who has no underwear. Ask me why.
Lieutenant George: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?
Lord Flasheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on!

Kwas
posted June 04, 2013 02:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Kwas Click Here to Email Kwas Send a private message to Kwas Click to send Kwas an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Kwas's Have/Want ListView Kwas's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by AEther Storm:
+1

I miss Stone Rain. And Grizzly Bears. Honest.

I miss when Sengir Vampire, Shivan Dragon and Serra Angel was the best kitchen-table finishers you could get... As well as Sinkholes!

ryan2754
posted June 04, 2013 03:02 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ryan2754 Click Here to Email ryan2754 Send a private message to ryan2754 Click to send ryan2754 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ryan2754's Have/Want ListView ryan2754's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Kwas:
I miss when Sengir Vampire, Shivan Dragon and Serra Angel was the best kitchen-table finishers you could get... As well as Sinkholes!

I miss the days of exhuming a serra avatar with an angelic chorus in play.

(656 behind souladvocate)
2nd in Posts [8065] in OH-IO
(only 20 behind Val!)

“If Brad Stevens is the future of coaching in college basketball, the sport is in a good place.” - Rick Pitino

choco man
posted June 04, 2013 03:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by ryan2754:
I miss the days of exhuming a serra avatar with an angelic chorus in play.

Doesn't Serra Avatar shuffle itself into library?

caquaa
posted June 04, 2013 04:08 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by choco man:
Doesn't Serra Avatar shuffle itself into library?

its harder to cheat now days.. people sure are on top of things. Ah, the good ole days

MeddlingMage
posted June 04, 2013 04:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MeddlingMage Click Here to Email MeddlingMage Send a private message to MeddlingMage Click to send MeddlingMage an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MeddlingMage's Have/Want ListView MeddlingMage's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Kwas:

+1 million.

~MM

New keeper of the Logout button

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League