Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  ebay funnies

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   ebay funnies
fluffycow
posted April 26, 2013 10:07 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fluffycow Click Here to Email fluffycow Send a private message to fluffycow Click to send fluffycow an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View fluffycow's Have/Want ListView fluffycow's Have/Want List
Ebay has some rather "uninformed" people. A friend of mine sent me this and I thought I would share:

Buyer: I see that you have sold Jace TMS, and I would like to get one for a friend's birthday. Do you have anymore?

Seller: I do, but I don't have anymore for sale

B: That's okay, I am going to buy a couple of your worldwake booster pack and Jace TMS is in worldwake right?

S: Correct, but honestly though, if you know exactly what you want, it's best to just buy the card rather than getting a booster pack. But best of luck if you do decide to go for it

B: Ok, I just bought one. Thank you so much for your help, please make sure that Jace TMS is in there so he can be surprised when he opens it

S: You know that a booster pack is a pack of random cards right? There is no guarantee of any one card in any given booster pack

B: Yes but you said that you have more Jace, TMS, can't you just open the pack and put the Jace in? You can keep the rare that comes in that booster pack if you like. I just want the Jace for my friend

...I wouldn't even know how to respond to that

edit: grammar and typos

[Edited 1 times, lastly by fluffycow on April 26, 2013]

stinkinogre
posted April 26, 2013 10:45 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for stinkinogre Click Here to Email stinkinogre Send a private message to stinkinogre Click to send stinkinogre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View stinkinogre's Have/Want ListView stinkinogre's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by fluffycow:
Ebay has some rather "uninformed" people. A friend of mine sent me this and I thought I would share:

Buyer: I see that you have sold Jace TMS, and I would to get one for a friend's birthday. Do you have anymore?

Seller: I do, but I don't have anything for sale

B: That's okay, I am going to buy a couple of your worldwake booster pack and Jace TMS is in worldwake right?

S: Correct, but honestly though, if you know exactly what you want, it's best to just buy the card rather than getting a booster pack. But best of luck if you do decide to go for it

B: Ok, I just bought one. Thank you so much for your help, please make sure that Jace TMS is in there so he can be surprised when he opens it

S: You know that a booster pack is pack of random cards right? There is no guarantee of any one card any given booster pack

B: Yes but you said that you have more Jace, TMS, can't you just open the pack and put the Jace in? You can keep the rare comes in that booster pack if you like. I just want the Jace for my friend

...I wouldn't even know how to respond to that

Marlo trolls ebay now?

Zeckk
posted April 26, 2013 07:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Zeckk Click Here to Email Zeckk Send a private message to Zeckk Click to send Zeckk an Instant MessageVisit Zeckk's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Zeckk's Have/Want ListView Zeckk's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by stinkinogre:
Marlo trolls ebay now?

....because this site needs to get MORE cliquey, right?

To the OP - definitely made me chuckle. "But it's just a piece of cardboard!" would have been the best finisher to that little conversation.

Lord Crovax
posted April 26, 2013 08:21 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Crovax Click Here to Email Lord Crovax Send a private message to Lord Crovax Click to send Lord Crovax an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zeckk:
....because this site needs to get MORE cliquey, right?

To the OP - definitely made me chuckle. "But it's just a piece of cardboard!" would have been the best finisher to that little conversation.

Sad part is someone told me this after they told me they just tossed a bunch of Magic cards from 93-94 away. Person knew nothing of magic, threw away probably 2-5k alpha through Legends cards..

isetfire
posted April 27, 2013 02:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for isetfire Click Here to Email isetfire Send a private message to isetfire Click to send isetfire an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
the best part will be when the guy opens the pack, gets a jace, and then sends you a thank you email!

iccarus
posted April 27, 2013 10:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for iccarus Click Here to Email iccarus Send a private message to iccarus Click to send iccarus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View iccarus's Have/Want ListView iccarus's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by isetfire:
the best part will be when the guy opens the pack, gets a jace, and then sends you a thank you email!

Or more likely gives him neg feedback when a Jace is not there.

I collect Granite Gargoyles. Send them my way.

Volcanon
posted April 28, 2013 12:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iccarus:
Or more likely gives him neg feedback when a Jace is not there.

"Booster pack didn't contain a Jace BEWARE BAD SELLER"

PortlisX
posted April 28, 2013 10:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
"Booster pack didn't contain a Jace BEWARE BAD SELLER"

Honestly, with the stupidity of some eBay buyers, it wouldn't surprise me.

I've gotten 3 negative feedbacks in the past 10 years on eBay. 2 were for item not received, despite me refunding them, and the 3rd was something that I laugh about to this day. The buyer claimed I sold him a fake Mogg Fanatic because the card "looked odd". You can't make this stuff up!

Volcanon
posted April 28, 2013 10:12 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PortlisX:
Honestly, with the stupidity of some eBay buyers, it wouldn't surprise me.

I've gotten 3 negative feedbacks in the past 10 years on eBay. 2 were for item not received, despite me refunding them, and the 3rd was something that I laugh about to this day. The buyer claimed I sold him a fake Mogg Fanatic because the card "looked odd". You can't make this stuff up!

I once got a neg because my "method of payment was too confusing." It was Paypal.

walkerdog
posted April 28, 2013 12:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by Volcanon:
I once got a neg because my "method of payment was too confusing." It was Paypal.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive!

(Okay, but seriously, PP's interface blows it hard)

majicman
posted April 29, 2013 06:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for majicman Click Here to Email majicman Send a private message to majicman Click to send majicman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View majicman's Have/Want ListView majicman's Have/Want List
I got a negative feedback from a person who I told an auction were 2700 bulk commons/300 bulk uncommons in the collection and told her ahead of time there would be up to 8 duplicates of the commons as I was reducing my collection. I spelled it out for her and she must of been expecting a Mox Jet because it was assumed common and had no symbol (error card perhaps, lol). I have received only this 1 negative feedback in over 1100+ transactions.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by majicman on April 29, 2013]

Volcanon
posted April 29, 2013 08:20 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by majicman:
I got a negative feedback from a person who I told an auction were 2700 bulk commons/300 bulk uncommons in the collection and told her ahead of time there would be up to 8 duplicates of the commons as I was reducing my collection. I spelled it out for her and she must of been expecting a Mox Jet because it was assumed common and had no symbol (error card perhaps, lol). I have received only this 1 negative feedback in over 1100+ transactions.

People buying bulk tend to assume they will get amazing rares. They tend to be disappointed.

Only 8 dups? When I bulk stuff off sometimes there's up to 50 of the same card. Granted I don't tell the customer that, and it's usually some semi-playable card that I can't be bothered to sell off for dimes or something.

Heresy19
posted May 02, 2013 07:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
I love IRL ''Idiocracy'' moments

Timmyhill
posted May 03, 2013 02:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Timmyhill Click Here to Email Timmyhill Send a private message to Timmyhill Click to send Timmyhill an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Timmyhill's Have/Want ListView Timmyhill's Have/Want List
I got bad feed back when the buyer didn't realize that the big 5 row card boxes hold more magic cards then the 5,000 sports cards they were designed for.

caquaa
posted May 03, 2013 05:15 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
quote:
Originally posted by Timmyhill:
I got bad feed back when the buyer didn't realize that the big 5 row card boxes hold more magic cards then the 5,000 sports cards they were designed for.

did you sell a 5000 count box with 5000 magic cards and they didn't like the empty space?

mm1983
posted May 03, 2013 07:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
I once gave negative feedback because I bought a box of stronghold and it had nothing but commons. J/K, you knew someone had to bring it up.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League