Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Best Flavor Text of all time? (Page 1)

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!
This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 
  next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Best Flavor Text of all time?
humbleacolyte
posted April 08, 2013 07:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for humbleacolyte Click Here to Email humbleacolyte Send a private message to humbleacolyte Click to send humbleacolyte an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View humbleacolyte's Have/Want ListView humbleacolyte's Have/Want List
There have been a lot of good quotes/flavor text over the years, list your favorite.

from Inspiration (Return to Ravnica)

'Day 31: I finally succeeded in my time reversal experiment!
'Day 30: I might have a problem here.'
-Journal of the Prime Izmagnus

walkerdog
posted April 08, 2013 07:32 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
Werebear case closed.

Boston
posted April 08, 2013 09:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Boston Click Here to Email Boston Send a private message to Boston Click to send Boston an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Boston's Have/Want ListView Boston's Have/Want List
Unnatural Selection:
What nature makes, magic can modify.

I just like that they used the word magic in there. Sweet.

mcelraca
posted April 08, 2013 09:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mcelraca Click Here to Email mcelraca Send a private message to mcelraca Click to send mcelraca an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mcelraca's Have/Want ListView mcelraca's Have/Want List
One of my favorite would have to be Dark Confidant.

Dark Confidant

the flavor is simple, but if you know the story of Bob then it's just perfect.

the cards just oozes flavor from the text to it's mechanic. Just a solid card all around.

JoshSherman
posted April 08, 2013 09:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Have/Want ListView JoshSherman's Have/Want List
Grizzly Bears

Troll
posted April 08, 2013 10:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Troll Click Here to Email Troll Send a private message to Troll Click to send Troll an Instant MessageVisit Troll's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Troll's Have/Want ListView Troll's Have/Want List
Altar of Dementia:

"It is not that you will go mad. It is that you will beg for madness."

Just pure badass!!

MTGEngineer
posted April 08, 2013 10:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for MTGEngineer Send a private message to MTGEngineer Click to send MTGEngineer an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
FTV:Exiled Goblin Lackey:

"At the first sign of enemy scouts, Jula grinned and strapped on his diplomacy helmet."

oneofchaos
posted April 08, 2013 10:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for oneofchaos Click Here to Email oneofchaos Send a private message to oneofchaos Click to send oneofchaos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Stifle.

Bugger
posted April 08, 2013 11:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bugger Click Here to Email Bugger Send a private message to Bugger Click to send Bugger an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Squandered Resources.

fedorables
posted April 08, 2013 11:21 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for fedorables Send a private message to fedorables Click to send fedorables an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View fedorables's Have/Want ListView fedorables's Have/Want List
Patrol Hound.

To the camp, it was a fierce and loyal protector. To the sentry's youngest daughter, it would always be her "Wuv Muffin."

junichi
posted April 08, 2013 11:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for junichi Click Here to Email junichi Send a private message to junichi Click to send junichi an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View junichi's Have/Want ListView junichi's Have/Want List
Carnivorous Death-Parrot

Flavor Text: Save a kill spell to deal with this guy.

walkerdog
posted April 08, 2013 11:24 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdog Click Here to Email walkerdog Send a private message to walkerdog Click to send walkerdog an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View walkerdog's Have/Want ListView walkerdog's Have/Want List
I suppose if you want to keep submitting options that are inferior to Werebear, you could at least mention Null Rod folks.

s14sh3r
posted April 08, 2013 12:36 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for s14sh3r Click Here to Email s14sh3r Send a private message to s14sh3r Click to send s14sh3r an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View s14sh3r's Trade Auction or SaleView s14sh3r's Trade Auction or Sale
Burnout

"GOTCHA!"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

JoshSherman
posted April 08, 2013 12:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for JoshSherman Click Here to Email JoshSherman Send a private message to JoshSherman Click to send JoshSherman an Instant MessageVisit JoshSherman's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View JoshSherman's Have/Want ListView JoshSherman's Have/Want List
Flavor Text:
Don't try to outrun one of Dominia's Grizzlies; it'll catch you, knock you down, and eat you. Of course, you could run up a tree. In that case you'll get a nice view before it knocks the tree down and eats you.

caquaa
posted April 08, 2013 02:46 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View caquaa's Trade Auction or SaleView caquaa's Trade Auction or Sale
"It was probably a lousy spell in the first place."
—Ertai, wizard adept

revenger
posted April 08, 2013 05:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for revenger Click Here to Email revenger Click to send revenger an Instant MessageVisit revenger's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View revenger's Have/Want ListView revenger's Have/Want List
"We must shake her limbs and rattle her brains." King Cheetah,s is cool imo.

#1 Ref's for Arizona!

I offer 3rd party trading services. Email if interested.

Your 2008, 2010 & 2012 Siskel & Ebert award winner! Your Motl runner-up in My Cousin Vinny & Rolling Stone Award!

SnapShot
posted April 08, 2013 05:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SnapShot Send a private message to SnapShot Click to send SnapShot an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Goblin Pyromancer

"The good news is, we figured out how the wand works. The bad news is, we figured out how the wand works."

Devonin
posted April 08, 2013 05:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
Armadillo Cloak: "Don't laugh. It works."

Infernal Harvest: "I offered you eternal life; I just didn't say WHERE"

Hex: "When killing five just isn't enough"

Heresy19
posted April 08, 2013 07:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Heresy19 Click Here to Email Heresy19 Send a private message to Heresy19 Click to send Heresy19 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Heresy19's Have/Want ListView Heresy19's Have/Want List
Ashnod's Coupon:

Limited time offer. Void where prohibited. Limit one per purchase. Valid only in participating duels. This coupon is nontransferable and invalid if shattered, crumbled, detonated, pillaged, or otherwise disenchanted. Cash value less than 1/20 of a cent. Offer not valid in Quebec, Rhode Island, or where prohibited by law or the DCI.

I live in the Province of Quebec so it's funny :P

Less funny when my buddy won't fetch my beer stating that we are playing on the Quebec side :/

Pail42
posted April 08, 2013 07:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pail42 Send a private message to Pail42 Click to send Pail42 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Pail42's Have/Want ListView Pail42's Have/Want List
I miss the real-world poetry flavor text that used to show up occasionally.

Werebear, Root Greevil is close though

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Pail42 on April 08, 2013]

ectomanic
posted April 08, 2013 07:31 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
"Barbarians! They burned my favorite chair! We'll kill them all!"
- Anje Falkenrath

Lemonjuice
posted April 08, 2013 07:42 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Lemonjuice Click Here to Email Lemonjuice Send a private message to Lemonjuice Click to send Lemonjuice an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Lemonjuice's Have/Want ListView Lemonjuice's Have/Want List
"Ach! Hans, run! It's the Llurgoyf!" - Llurgoyf

&

"The specimen seems to be broken." - Deep Analysis

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Lemonjuice on April 08, 2013]

choco man
posted April 08, 2013 08:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for choco man Click Here to Email choco man Send a private message to choco man Click to send choco man an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View choco man's Have/Want ListView choco man's Have/Want List
Obliterate, 8th edition

"The enemy has been destroyed, sir. So have the forest, the city, your palace, your dog . . ."
—Keldon soldier

mliniscus
posted April 08, 2013 09:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mliniscus Click Here to Email mliniscus Send a private message to mliniscus Click to send mliniscus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mliniscus's Have/Want ListView mliniscus's Have/Want List
Gray Ogre

"The Ogre philosopher Gnerdel believed the purpose of life was to live as high on the food chain as possible. She refused to eat vegetarians, preferring to live entirely on creatures that preyed on sentient beings."

potaguitar
posted April 09, 2013 12:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for potaguitar Click Here to Email potaguitar Send a private message to potaguitar Click to send potaguitar an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View potaguitar's Have/Want ListView potaguitar's Have/Want List
I've always loved Goblin Welder.

"I wrecked your metal guy, boss. But look! I made you an ashtray."

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3 

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League