Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Sealed Dragon Maze tourny question

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Sealed Dragon Maze tourny question
denholm
posted May 04, 2013 12:50 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for denholm Click Here to Email denholm Send a private message to denholm Click to send denholm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View denholm's Trade Auction or SaleView denholm's Trade Auction or Sale
I was looking around and can not find an answer.

If I am holding a sealed Dragon Maze without guild packs, do I go 1-1-4 or 2-2-2 of each set?

Thanks
Denholm

thror
posted May 04, 2013 01:27 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
whatever you want, as long as everyone receives the same product. (this is required if you want to sanction it)

i would assume 2-2-2 is going to be the 'normal' sealed format. if you arent sanctioning it, you could try 3-3. you can let players choose 3 packs of RTR or GTC, and then they get 3 DGM to go with.

<@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
<@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep

wayne
posted May 04, 2013 08:22 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
whatever you want, as long as everyone receives the same product. (this is required if you want to sanction it)

i would assume 2-2-2 is going to be the 'normal' sealed format. if you arent sanctioning it, you could try 3-3. you can let players choose 3 packs of RTR or GTC, and then they get 3 DGM to go with.

I think that 3-3 would result in a shortage of viable cards for 5 of the guilds.

thror
posted May 04, 2013 08:44 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for thror Send a private message to thror Click to send thror an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wayne:

I think that 3-3 would result in a shortage of viable cards for 5 of the guilds.

that would kinda be the point. you would end up with one RTR/GTC guild, splashing a 3rd color.

just looking at 2-2-2, most decks are going to be solidly 3 colors.

<@BrassMan> what do you need new tech for?
<@BrassMan> gush is unrestricted

<@Anusien> Pretty sure New Zealanders are the sheep shaggers
<KIP_NZ> Anusien: I'm a kiwi and I've shagged a sheep

Volcanon
posted May 04, 2013 09:23 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thror:
that would kinda be the point. you would end up with one RTR/GTC guild, splashing a 3rd color.

just looking at 2-2-2, most decks are going to be solidly 3 colors.

Well, that would be the case anyway unless you open real stinkers in GTC/RTR or something. This format is much much slower now.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League