Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  ebay question

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   ebay question
Hooskdaddy
posted July 14, 2013 07:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
So with posting eBay auctions. As of July 1st eBay has requirements for pictures used in auctions. I used to just copy and paste the link location from gatherer on the mother ship into the auction for my pictures. Now doing that says that the pictures aren't big enough and they don't meet the requirements. So my question is is how are sellers getting around that? Is there another way to copy/paste pics into the auction? Doing it the long way isn't an option.

Devonin
posted July 14, 2013 07:38 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
Why isn't it an option?

Edit: Wait...you just paste in links from gatherer as the pictures of cards you're selling? That's actually fraud.

You're selling secondary market goods that are definitionally used now, even if it's a sealed booster box which is still sealed.

You need to post actual images of the actual item the person will receive.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Devonin on July 14, 2013]

Hooskdaddy
posted July 14, 2013 07:57 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Obviously I post item descriptions. And its not fraud. Look into the photos used on eBay, dan bock, and everyone else uses stock photos, most come from gatherer. Its almost impossible not to if you mass upload auctions. Taking pictures and uploading them is ridiculous and very few people actually do it and they're not mass uploading.

I even put in my auctions description that I use stock photos. The problems is is the stock photos don't meet the 500 pixel on longest side limit.

Devonin
posted July 14, 2013 08:09 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
So go to http://pixlr.com/editor/ upload the picture from gatherer, stretch/skew it up to the right size, save it, and then when you're done, mass upload them to photobucket or something like photobucket.

Hooskdaddy
posted July 14, 2013 08:50 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Yeah was hoping there was another copy/paste method. No time to do all that resizing

Devonin
posted July 14, 2013 09:54 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Devonin Click Here to Email Devonin Send a private message to Devonin Click to send Devonin an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Devonin's Have/Want ListView Devonin's Have/Want List
If your sales volume is so high that 30 seconds per listing is completely impossible to ever do, you should be making enough to hire some dude to do it for you.

slurpee
posted July 14, 2013 10:27 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
just scan a copy of the back of a magic card. most people use stock pics anyways

valorale
posted July 15, 2013 06:59 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for valorale Click Here to Email valorale Send a private message to valorale Click to send valorale an Instant MessageVisit valorale's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hooskdaddy:
So with posting eBay auctions. As of July 1st eBay has requirements for pictures used in auctions.

Another reason im using TCGplayer more and more to unload modern + standard stuff. Absolutely frustrating waste of time.

Hooskdaddy
posted July 15, 2013 09:40 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by valorale:
Another reason im using TCGplayer more and more to unload modern + standard stuff. Absolutely frustrating waste of time.

Yeah. Tcgplayer has its issues as well. Takes weeks to get money. Stuffsells overall for a lot less. Fees eat up profits. Between that and eBay I'm not sure which one is worse lol

I3Iood
posted July 15, 2013 10:47 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for I3Iood Click Here to Email I3Iood Send a private message to I3Iood Click to send I3Iood an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devonin:

Edit: Wait...you just paste in links from gatherer as the pictures of cards you're selling? That's actually fraud.

LOL

quote:
Doing it the long way isn't an option.

quote:
Yeah was hoping there was another copy/paste method. No time to do all that resizing

It takes work to make money. Put in the work or stop using it. We just paid our ebay guy to fix the 350 BINs we have on our ebay store. Nothing is free.....

quote:
Originally posted by Devonin:
If your sales volume is so high that 30 seconds per listing is completely impossible to ever do, you should be making enough to hire some dude to do it for you.

Great advice

mm1983
posted July 15, 2013 12:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mm1983 Click Here to Email mm1983 Send a private message to mm1983 Click to send mm1983 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mm1983's Have/Want ListView mm1983's Have/Want List
My friend and I are going through this problem right now. If you had listed items before July 1, the same pictures would work just fine but from July 1 on requires larger pictures. For my situation this means having to find about 1,000 new pictures that fit the size requirement whether I am selling the item or not but it's going to be a pain figuring out which items I have and don't have anymore so I am just going to get new pictures for each card that I am selling or was selling in the past. Either way when we get our listing started it's going to be well over 500 items listed. This new Ebay change for the pictures has definitely set us back about a month for listing.

Volcanon
posted July 15, 2013 06:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Volcanon Click Here to Email Volcanon Send a private message to Volcanon Click to send Volcanon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Taking your own pictures is a pain in the butt for stuff that is NM. It's not like the buyer really cares. Most of my pics are from google image search. Just find one that isn't watermarked or postage stamp size.

Hooskdaddy
posted July 15, 2013 07:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Hooskdaddy Click Here to Email Hooskdaddy Send a private message to Hooskdaddy Click to send Hooskdaddy an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I actually started the process today. I took the pics from gatherer and resized them using pixlr.com and saved them on my hard drive. Got about 200 done only 800 or so more to go.

mcelraca
posted July 15, 2013 09:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for mcelraca Click Here to Email mcelraca Send a private message to mcelraca Click to send mcelraca an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View mcelraca's Have/Want ListView mcelraca's Have/Want List
I think a lot of what you have to do is dependent on your reputation on eBay and your approach to selling.

You can be
A. The seller with a high volume of sales at attractive prices and mediocre listings.
B. the seller with an average price but great presentation.

I've purchased many cards with no pics from sellers as long as they have a substantial amount of good feedback (on eBay mind you)

another option: I've seen a lot of sellers go by way of using shots of binder pages while the sale refers to only one of the cards. This may not be the best route but is an option to speed up the process.

I would personally just start cataloging photos of cards you sell, so you only have to do it once. I want to reiterate what blood said. It takes work, you just have to decide how much time you want to put in and what kind of sales you're after.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by mcelraca on July 15, 2013]

Gislasa
posted July 16, 2013 05:12 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Gislasa Click Here to Email Gislasa Send a private message to Gislasa Click to send Gislasa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Gislasa's Have/Want ListView Gislasa's Have/Want List
Personally I am big on condition, if I pay for NM, and it has a ding in it which would cause a buyer like cardkingdom to pay me less for it, then I send it back. Having an actual picture of the card really helps, so I know it fits my definition of NM, and it isnt SP or EX+.

If your listing is for more then $10, I would highly suggest taking 30 seconds to upload a real picture to save much more time dealing with a return.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League