Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  RIP Quinton Hoover

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   RIP Quinton Hoover
Ihateworking
posted April 20, 2013 01:35 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ihateworking Click Here to Email Ihateworking Send a private message to Ihateworking Click to send Ihateworking an Instant MessageVisit Ihateworking's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Ihateworking's Have/Want ListView Ihateworking's Have/Want List
The word is that Mr. Hoover passed away after a long bout with illness. Thank you for your amazing artwork. Rest in Peace.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?p=10086403#post10086403

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Ihateworking on April 20, 2013]

PortlisX
posted April 21, 2013 12:28 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for PortlisX Click Here to Email PortlisX Send a private message to PortlisX Click to send PortlisX an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
RIP to Quinton and condolences to his family. He was definitely far too young at the age of 49.

He was part of the Kickstarter "The Gathering" project, so I'm curious to know if his art will make it into the book. It'd be really cool to get one of his original sketch pieces too, I was always a fan of his style, he had many iconic cards.

wayne
posted April 21, 2013 02:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for wayne Click Here to Email wayne Send a private message to wayne Click to send wayne an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View wayne's Have/Want ListView wayne's Have/Want List

Thanos
posted April 21, 2013 04:35 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PortlisX:
RIP to Quinton and condolences to his family. He was definitely far too young at the age of 49.

He was part of the Kickstarter "The Gathering" project, so I'm curious to know if his art will make it into the book. It'd be really cool to get one of his original sketch pieces too, I was always a fan of his style, he had many iconic cards.

Pretty sure the sketches weren't done yet.

The art will be there though, they were required to submit a piece before they could be added to the list.

ogre
posted April 21, 2013 04:51 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for ogre Click Here to Email ogre Send a private message to ogre Click to send ogre an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View ogre's Have/Want ListView ogre's Have/Want List
RIP Quinton.

For those that don't remember off hand, some more influential pieces Quinton did were:
Vesuvan Doppleganger
Wrath of God
Ball Lightning
Earthbind
Hymm to Tourach

Though I never really used it much, I always liked the art on Regeneration.

Jesse

Nyarlathotep333
posted April 22, 2013 03:05 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nyarlathotep333 Click Here to Email Nyarlathotep333 Send a private message to Nyarlathotep333 Click to send Nyarlathotep333 an Instant MessageVisit Nyarlathotep333's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Wow, I got into this game because his art was some of the stuff in Revised that I really, really liked a lot. I always hoped that someday I would get to meet him at a con or show. This is really sad news.

paragondave
posted April 22, 2013 09:17 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for paragondave Click Here to Email paragondave Send a private message to paragondave Click to send paragondave an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View paragondave's Have/Want ListView paragondave's Have/Want List
He was one of the best and a class act. He will be missed.

implode
posted April 22, 2013 09:40 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for implode Click Here to Email implode Send a private message to implode Click to send implode an Instant MessageVisit implode's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View implode's Have/Want ListView implode's Have/Want List
quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
RIP Quinton.

For those that don't remember off hand, some more influential pieces Quinton did were:
Vesuvan Doppleganger
Wrath of God
Ball Lightning
Earthbind
Hymm to Tourach

Though I never really used it much, I always liked the art on Regeneration.

Jesse

Always been big fan of doppelganger, even if it has dropped to nothingness value wise.

Nitelite
posted April 23, 2013 01:36 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Nitelite Click Here to Email Nitelite Send a private message to Nitelite Click to send Nitelite an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Preacher gets no respect.

mnDiff
posted April 23, 2013 03:14 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for mnDiff Click Here to Email mnDiff Send a private message to mnDiff Click to send mnDiff an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitelite:
Preacher gets no respect.

hehe

I remember in 1995 or so .... Preacher was a bomb !! I remember people around my area were looking haaaard for that card ... and the art is awsome !!!

Doppeganger ... Iconic card 2 me !!! (cards card named by ogre are all solid as a rock !!)

really and truely one of my favorite artist along with M.Benson .....

Forever !!!

Goaswerfraiejen
posted April 23, 2013 11:39 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Goaswerfraiejen Click Here to Email Goaswerfraiejen Send a private message to Goaswerfraiejen Click to send Goaswerfraiejen an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Curses. Should have gotten some Tundra Wolves signed ages ago.

RIP Ari

Legacy UGB River Rock primer. PM comments/questions.
Info on grad school in Phil.

valorale
posted April 24, 2013 07:39 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for valorale Click Here to Email valorale Send a private message to valorale Click to send valorale an Instant MessageVisit valorale's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
He also drew Proposal because he was Lily's (Richard Garfields wife) favorite artist.

Sad days indeed. He will be missed.

Thanos
posted April 24, 2013 12:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Thanos Click Here to Email Thanos Send a private message to Thanos Click to send Thanos an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Not one peep out of wotc about though from what I see.

CubFan81
posted April 24, 2013 01:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thanos:
Not one peep out of wotc about though from what I see.

Not sure about anything officially, but MaRo's tweeted about it and posted something to his tumblr.

AEther Storm
posted April 24, 2013 03:06 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for AEther Storm Click Here to Email AEther Storm Send a private message to AEther Storm Click to send AEther Storm an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View AEther Storm's Have/Want ListView AEther Storm's Have/Want List
Very sad news, RIP Quinton. Your Tundra Wolves was the first card I built a deck with way back in '97.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those
who mind don't matter and thos

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League