Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Storing cards in sleeves and binders

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Storing cards in sleeves and binders
Pita
posted July 09, 2013 10:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Pita Click Here to Email Pita Send a private message to Pita Click to send Pita an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
For more precious cards do most people like to sleeve them before sliding into a binder? If so , what kind of sleeves do you use? I've seen people use the ultra pro colored playing sleeves and slide those into the side loading binders. I've also seen the KMC perfect fit ones, but they seem tight and I've been wondering if that might affect the cards in the long run.

Are there any that are preferred over others in terms of long term storage and protection?

SageShadows
posted July 09, 2013 11:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for SageShadows Click Here to Email SageShadows Send a private message to SageShadows Click to send SageShadows an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View SageShadows's Have/Want ListView SageShadows's Have/Want List
I use perfect fits then put them in a binder. Perfect fits will not affect the card in any way (they fit perfectly) and are great if you're willing to drop a bit of cash.

spike777
posted July 10, 2013 05:46 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for spike777 Click Here to Email spike777 Send a private message to spike777 Click to send spike777 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View spike777's Have/Want ListView spike777's Have/Want List
My expensive cards are double sleeved (perfect fits + kmc matte) and then placed into a side-loading binder.

Edit: with perfect fits only, one edge of the card is left exposed. If you only sleeve cards in perfect fits, this is a good way to nick the top edge of the card when putting it in or taking it out. If you only use 1 sleeve, use the bigger ones that fully cover the card at the top so you don't nick it. Double sleeving has the best of both worlds: holds the card tightly so it can't move back and forth in the sleeve, while still protecting all edges very well.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by spike777 on July 10, 2013]

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League