Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Vanishing 3-Card Blind Tournament, Vintage Edition Round 4

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Vanishing 3-Card Blind Tournament, Vintage Edition Round 4
yakusoku
posted March 03, 2013 12:09 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
3-Card Blind (3CB) is a very unique game.
The rules are as follows:
* Your deck is composed of 3 cards, all of which start in your hand.
* You have no library (technically, the library exists, but starts at 0 cards) and no sideboard (Wishes fetch nothing).
* Random effects always go against the owner of the card.
* You can see your opponent's hand, so you can always make the best possible play.
* You don't lose as a result of not being able to draw a card.
* You will play each opponent twice, once going first, once going second.
* For each win, you score 3.
* For each draw, you score 1.
* For each loss, you get nothing.
* A subgame played with the card Shahrazad will result in an incomplete game and both players will receive ZERO points, since the main game cannot be resumed. Neither player loses or draws, so neither player earns any points.
* Other than the aforementioned, EVERYTHING IS HANDLED EXACTLY LIKE A REAL GAME OF MAGIC!
Remember, it is important for your deck to include a way to cast your cards! (Lands, artifact mana, pitch cards, etc.)
If you want to play PM me a message in this format.
Subject should include "Vanishing 3-Card Blind" (Just click on the little PM icon above my post and it should work out that way.)
Card #1
Card #2
Card #3

Be sure you really are happy with your deck before you submit. Once you send in a deck, there is no changing it except in the case of an illegal entry.
Please make every effort to spell your card names correctly. It makes it easier for everyone. Thanks.
The "Vanishing" part is the twist. To start off with, only Unglued, Unhinged and Ante cards are banned. After each round, the 3 cards in the winning deck plus any cards in more than 1/3 of the decks played will be banned for all future rounds. Any lands that only provide mana are exempted from the banning rules.

--------------Current banned list--------------

White:

Chancellor of the Annex

Blue:

Laboratory Maniac

Black:

Blackmail

Artifacts:

Black Lotus
Ensnaring Bridge
Mox Jet
Scalding Tongs
The Rack

Land:

Dryad Arbor
Mishra's Workshop
Strip Mine
Wasteland

Banned Decks (history):

Round 1: yakusoku and walkerdog

Chancellor of the Annex
Strip Mine
Dryad Arbor

Chancellor of the Annex
Wasteland
Dryad Arbor

Round 2: yakusoku and Moonkeeper

Mishra's Workshop
Ensnaring Bridge
Scalding Tongs

Round 3: yakusoku

Mox Jet
Blackmail
The Rack

--------------End of Banning list--------------

I will try and post a new round every Sunday, allow submissions through Tuesday, reveal deck lists first thing on Wednesday and allow scoring until Saturday.

NO MISE DECKS!

Any deck submitted MUST have some win condition. Any deck that can do no better than a draw against any possible deck will be rejected. A deck that can't win any game is mathematically eliminated from winning the round, and thus would just be taking a chance to win away from someone who could actually have a shot.

ALL players will assist in judging. The way this will work is that after the submission period is over, After all decks are revealed, judge your own deck against every other deck (going first and going second). Post your findings here in this thread. They will be reviewed by everyone for accuracy. Once a winner is determined the winners deck will be added to the banned list and the next round will begin. Repeated failure to do your own scoring will result in suspensions!

Instead of the normal 40+ weeks that I normally try to drag out the tournament, with no clear winner until our numbers diminish into nothing, we will instead be running each round for only 10 weeks, and at the end declare a winner.

Winner's List:

yakusoku

Moonkeeper
walkerdog

Decks:

1. yakusoku

Mox Sapphire
Mox Pearl
Meddling Mage

2. MAB_Rapper

Crystal Vein
Mox Ruby
Magus of the Moon

3. ectomanic

Ghost Quarter
Inkmoth Nexus
Inkmoth Nexus

4. LemonMeringue

Chancellor of the Forge
Chancellor of the Forge
Leyline of the Meek

5. Magic1264

Mox Pearl
Inkmoth Nexus
Balance

[Edited 3 times, lastly by yakusoku on March 07, 2013]

LemonMeringue
posted March 04, 2013 07:04 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
Don't forget the rack is banned

yakusoku
posted March 06, 2013 06:52 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Last day to submit.

yakusoku
posted March 07, 2013 12:19 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
The decklists have been posted.

You may use other formats as well, but this one is a must. Also PLEASE make sure you use the proper deck number for your deck. Replace the '?' on the bottom line with the number next to your name on the decklist.

Scoring:

Play your deck against each other deck twice, once with you going first, once with them going first. Always remember that each deck is to be played perfectly.

For each of the 2 games, score 3 points if your deck wins or 1 point if the game is a draw, with no points for a loss.

Some examples:
2 wins (WW) is 6 points.
A win and a draw (WD) is 4 points.
A win and a loss (WL) is 3 points.
2 draws (DD) is 2 points.
A draw and a loss (DL) is 1 point.
2 losses (LL) is 0 points.

Plug YOUR deck number into the ? below the ##, and your score against each deck into the other slots.

Do not play your deck against itself. Just enter an 'x' in the chart under your deck number.

Please copy-and-paste the following code into your Message box in order to assist you with scoring:

code:

# 1 2 3 4 5 TOTAL
X X X X X X XX

LemonMeringue
posted March 07, 2013 01:13 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for LemonMeringue Click Here to Email LemonMeringue Send a private message to LemonMeringue Click to send LemonMeringue an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or SaleView LemonMeringue's Trade Auction or Sale
code:

# 1 2 3 4 5 TOTAL
4 6 6 6 X 2 20

1. yakusoku - WW

Mox Sapphire
Mox Pearl
Meddling Mage

2. MAB_Rapper - WW

Crystal Vein
Mox Ruby
Magus of the Moon

3. ectomanic - WW

Ghost Quarter
Inkmoth Nexus
Inkmoth Nexus

4. LemonMeringue

Chancellor of the Forge
Chancellor of the Forge
Leyline of the Meek

5. Magic1264 - DD

Mox Pearl
Inkmoth Nexus
Balance

Edit: Whoops, I typed chancellor of the furnace, I meant forge of course. Kinda sad that ghost quarter is still sticking around

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LemonMeringue on March 07, 2013]

yakusoku
posted March 07, 2013 01:33 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 

1. yakusoku XX

Mox Sapphire
Mox Pearl
Meddling Mage

2. MAB_Rapper WD.

Crystal Vein
Mox Ruby
Magus of the Moon

On the play, I name Magus of the Moon and win with my bear. On the draw, our 2/2's either stare or trade.

3. ectomanic DL

Ghost Quarter
Inkmoth Nexus
Inkmoth Nexus

On the play, I am slightly faster, forcing him to hold back Nexus to block twice and trade. On the play, he attacks 10 times before I can attack 10 times.

4. LemonMeringue LL

Chancellor of the Forge
Chancellor of the Forge
Leyline of the Meek

He casts ZERO spells! NO spells?! I lose to a horde of goblins.

5. Magic1264 WD

Mox Pearl
Inkmoth Nexus
Balance

On the play, I name Mox Pearl and he can only play Nexus which can't attack for block. On the draw, he can Balance for the draw.

code:

## 1 2 3 4 5 TOTAL
01 X 4 1 0 4 09

[Edited 1 times, lastly by yakusoku on March 07, 2013]

MAB_Rapper
posted March 07, 2013 02:53 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for MAB_Rapper Click Here to Email MAB_Rapper Send a private message to MAB_Rapper Click to send MAB_Rapper an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or SaleView MAB_Rapper's Trade Auction or Sale
1. yakusoku DL 1

Mox Sapphire
Mox Pearl
Meddling Mage

2. MAB_Rapper XX X

Crystal Vein
Mox Ruby
Magus of the Moon

3. ectomanic WW 6

Ghost Quarter
Inkmoth Nexus
Inkmoth Nexus

4. LemonMeringue LL 0

Chancellor of the Forge
Chancellor of the Forge
Leyline of the Meek

5. Magic1264 LL 0

Mox Pearl
Inkmoth Nexus
Balance

code:

# 1 2 3 4 5 TOTAL
2 1 X 6 0 0 7

hilikuS: Also, as much as MAB's list has become the list on the T/A Forum, I do miss Slinga's.

yakusoku
posted March 07, 2013 04:52 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
MAB, you don't go LL against Magic.

After sacrificing Crystal Vein to add 2 to cast Magus, you will have no lands and he'll have to lose his Inkmoth. If he Balances before you cast Magus, you'll still have no lands and he'll lose Inkmoth. He has to Balance or Magus will just beat him down while he has nothing to attack back with.

You should be able to go DD.

ectomanic
posted March 10, 2013 07:32 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for ectomanic Click Here to Email ectomanic Send a private message to ectomanic Click to send ectomanic an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
code:

1 2 3 4 5 total
4 0 x 0 2 6

yakusoku
posted March 10, 2013 08:03 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for yakusoku Click Here to Email yakusoku Send a private message to yakusoku Click to send yakusoku an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Final scores:

01 X 4 1 0 4 09
02 1 X 6 0 2 09
03 4 0 x 0 2 06
04 6 6 6 X 2 20 <- winner!
05 1 2 2 2 X 09

Magic1264
posted March 22, 2013 06:42 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Magic1264 Click Here to Email Magic1264 Send a private message to Magic1264 Click to send Magic1264 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Next round?

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | MOTL Home Page | Privacy Statement & TOS

© 1996-2013 Magic Online Trading League