Click Here!

Magic Online Trading League Bulletin Board
  Magic Discussion
  Real or fake

profile | register | preferences | faq | rules | memberlist | search

UBBFriend: Email This Page to Someone!   next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   Real or fake
slurpee
posted March 02, 2013 08:56 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for slurpee Click Here to Email slurpee Send a private message to slurpee Click to send slurpee an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View slurpee's Trade Auction or SaleView slurpee's Trade Auction or Sale
I was looking at this auction. Sure I know the foils ones are fake, but I find if you sell one fake you sell others. Anyways anyone besides me think those UNL Moxes look funny.

Also the fact that there are close ups on everything but those cards??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75-000-MTG-Collection-Huge-Alpha-Beta-Dual-Lot-Rare-Mox-Black-Lotus-Juzam-Foils-/121074306923?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item1c30974f6b

Bruised
posted March 02, 2013 09:53 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Bruised Click Here to Email Bruised Send a private message to Bruised Click to send Bruised an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Bruised's Have/Want ListView Bruised's Have/Want List
Guessing fake, borders look too dark from high up, but mainly as you pointed out, he zooms in on everything but the "real" power. Seems like if they were real he'd do pics of each especially after snapping 30 or so shots.

CubFan81
posted March 02, 2013 10:18 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for CubFan81 Click Here to Email CubFan81 Send a private message to CubFan81 Click to send CubFan81 an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View CubFan81's Have/Want ListView CubFan81's Have/Want List
Oh man...I'm pretty sure I know where he got that Foil Power. As for the "real" power...something looks off. Especially when you compare it to that UNL Tropical just to the left of those Plateaus.

On another note, that is some ridiculously annoying organization. Playset of Plateus split up among different pages. Rootbound Crags next to Timetwisters next to Grove of the Guardian.

KIP_NZ
posted March 02, 2013 04:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for KIP_NZ Click Here to Email KIP_NZ Send a private message to KIP_NZ Click to send KIP_NZ an Instant MessageVisit KIP_NZ's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I would suspect that it's a legit auction actually. I think a real scammer is not going to put a CE lotus in the lot or call out those foil P9 aren't legal.

Either way, if you're buying something that valuable get on a plane for the hand over so you can view before you buy.

Truman
posted March 03, 2013 08:22 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for Truman Click Here to Email Truman Send a private message to Truman Click to send Truman an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View Truman's Have/Want ListView Truman's Have/Want List
Personally, with over 1,000 positive feedback I'd be inclined to think this is legit. Either way though, I think KIP_NZ is right: plane tickets are cheap if you're spending $20k+ on a collection like this.

bigballashotcaller
posted March 03, 2013 06:14 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for bigballashotcaller Click Here to Email bigballashotcaller Send a private message to bigballashotcaller Click to send bigballashotcaller an Instant MessageVisit bigballashotcaller's Homepage  Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View bigballashotcaller's Have/Want ListView bigballashotcaller's Have/Want List
This collection of a bunch of fakes and other junk probably isn't even worth $4K.

Ippon
posted March 03, 2013 08:01 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for Ippon Click Here to Email Ippon Send a private message to Ippon Click to send Ippon an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
Might just be me but the edges of the mox jet and emerald seem too white? Also that Bayou seems way too dark maybe almost inked?

hilikuS
posted March 04, 2013 01:58 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for hilikuS Click Here to Email hilikuS Send a private message to hilikuS Click to send hilikuS an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote View hilikuS's Trade Auction or SaleView hilikuS's Trade Auction or Sale
For what it's worth, the dude sells one of those stupid PDF guides too...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Become-Top-Seller-eBay-Free-Shipping-ebook-Full-Resell-Rights-PDF-/121057620091

caquaa
posted March 04, 2013 09:25 PM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hilikuS:
For what it's worth, the dude sells one of those stupid PDF guides too...

if you look at his feedback he seems to sell way more than one of those. Its all essentially "fake" feedback. Its essentially feedback trading to generate artificially high numbers so you can run auctions such as this w/ a good pay day. Beyond that, once you get enough feedback completed, paypal starts to trust you and instant gives you your money so you can withdraw it right away instead of having to sit on it for a month in case there is an issue.

flophaus
posted March 05, 2013 02:11 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for flophaus Click Here to Email flophaus Send a private message to flophaus Click to send flophaus an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
I dunno... if he delivers the virtual goods then what is the problem? It looks like he's only sold 51 or w/e from that auction. The dude has like 1000+ feedback.

Just because you don't like the product doesn't mean he's instantly a scammer.

I would not buy that collection without seeing it in person though... that's just because it is a hell of a lot of money!

caquaa
posted March 05, 2013 02:33 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for caquaa Click Here to Email caquaa Send a private message to caquaa Click to send caquaa an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by flophaus:
Just because you don't like the product doesn't mean he's instantly a scammer.

you're right, I'll go ahead and give the Prince of Nigeria my contact info and see what happens. Never know, right?

yorib
posted March 05, 2013 09:30 AM   Click Here to See the Profile for yorib Send a private message to yorib Click to send yorib an Instant Message Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote 
For the auctions current price of $23.3K you could buy all of the following from stores (NM and in stock):

Set of AN: $1600
Set of AQ: $1050
Set of LG: $2249
CE: $1600
Set of UL: $12,500
4x set of RV: $3,600
set of 40 shock lands: $600
Total: $23,200.

All times are PDT (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to: